TruTech 15' Thin LCD TV / black television

I am a college student and have loved my small tv. It fit perfectly on my desk and still allowed a lot of room for all of my stuff. I have loved it until very recently. It always was a little fuzzy and 1 or 2 higher channels came out black and white, but I didn't really watch those so I paid no attention. I also attributed it to my dvd/vcr player attached. Recently, the channels started to turn blue when changing the channels. I had to physically put 63 in instead of using the up or down button for channel selection. Just today, however, my television experience came to a crashing end, the picture is broke. Whenever I try to turn it on using either the remote or the buttons on the tv, the read standby button just flashes. There's no sound or picture. My mom got a pretty good deal on it from Target, but good televisions should still last longer than a year and a half. I realize I am a t.v.-holic and watch shows consistently all day, but this is outrageous. The piece of crap manual doesn't even help in this situation. I guess they knew that the tv had no hope from the start. Thanks for nothing TruTech!

Comments

• Ty
      3rd of Apr, 2008

Is your TV a Model PLV1615T? If so, I just picked one up from off from here, and only had to replace one part, and it works perfect.If you know someone that can solder, and use a screwdriver, you can have this TV working again. On mine, it was one bad capacitor. If you take the back off, and look at the tops of the little round can shaped components, look for the one, or ones that have the tops higher then the others. Bulged out as people call it. Replace these with ones of the same ratings, and it should be working again. Please let me know how things work out. Hope this helps. Thank You very much!

Tyler.