Trunk ClubCustom Dept/Resolutions to client complaints

Trunk Club a horrible along with morally and ethically despicable experience. I was bought a custom suit three and a half years ago and made purchases from the custom dept throughout, I was pleased by the reps Mark S. and Lisa B. with the selection and service that was provided at the consultation, and I picked out the specifics of the suit along with a few colors/prints for custom shirts. The custom shirts were received and so I tried them all on which none of them fit even though they were custom, the shirts were boxy even though I requested them to be fitted and my fist was able to fit through the buttoned cuffs.

I was never notified that my items were ever available for a little over a year of which I had to personally call and inquire about my items of which my rep Mark S. then lied and told me that an email notification was sent which I then requested to be forwarded to me with no result. I made an appointment to pick up my items though I had lost weight and the pants did not fit so the company had placed a new order for pants to be re made with the exact same fabric of the suit with new measurements along with three shirts and all to be comped which was generous but not at all warranted, at this same appointment I had told them about the awkward fit of the original shirts I had purchased asked me to bring them back to get altered as well. I also purchased a custom blazer and two casual pairs of pants to be made at this appointment and took the suit with the pants that did not fit home.

I was notified my items were ready to be picked up 6-8 months later of which a new appointment was made and met with my reps Mark S. and Lisa B. to try everything on which all fit just ok, I did not bring the blazer for the suit from home because the new pants just needed to fit. I arrived home and put my items away and went to put the new pair of pants together with the blazer in the garment bag and the two items were completely different fabrics, different colors, different fits and one had stripes which I was disappointed with when I got it and the new pair did not, the altered shirts had been altered though now just my hand fit through the buttoned cuff with no struggle instead of my fist, which I could deal with but have gotten them altered from my tailor myself.

I called my rep Mark S. to tell him about the comparison and was told that they were ordered to the fabric and cut that was on my original order. Mark S. requested that I send everything in regards to the suit in which was the jacket, pant that did not fit and the pair of pants that I had just picked up. I did not send the requested items back until the day after a social event that I was at six to seven months later where Mark S. had confronted me in regards to my purchase and stated that my inability to send in my suit makes them look incompetent and unable to do their jobs, so I sent it back the very next day since the behavior of the Mark S. was extremely venomous, rude, inappropriate, completely unprofessional, conduct unbecoming and flat out wrong.

Life happens and the next few months I had multiple deaths within the family within a two month period and was in the car driving from the funeral home to the cemetery of the third death where I was asked if I would ever wear the suit that I received as a gift by them, which I replied that I did not know the company “Trunk Club” has it and that I was aggravated and I might ask for a refund and then corrected myself that I am going to ask for a refund since it has been three years and I do not have a finished product yet and the purchaser said ok. I waited a few weeks to give the company “Trunk Club” more time which led to nothing and then I called the customer service (superseded/ignored my rep Mark S. due to his previous behavior) and asked about the status of the suit since I would still take it if they had it there, unfortunately the company was unable to locate it for a few hours and then called me back stating that my suit was located and that the company would send it out to get altered to which I then asked for a refund. The company then said that they would refund the pair of pants and I turned them down but they pressed on that even more, I then stated I felt that I was being hassled for a refund, I am not being difficult, loud nor unreasonable it was just that the product that I sent in months ago was not even sent out to get altered and that the suit was purchased three years ago of which the majority of the time had not even been in my possession but theirs “Trunk Club” and that I wanted a full refund for the item. The company hesitantly refunded me the price of the suit which was less than the single blazer I had purchased. Trunk Club never returned a pair of pants that was sent in extra with the suit but I was willing to let it go since I felt it would be too big of a hassle and waste of my time getting them back though I loved and preferred the cut and fabric of them.

A few months went by and talked with the person that gifted me the suit and found that Mark S. had completely lied, falsified and breached confidentiality of my personal account to people outside the company of Trunk Club. Hearing the allegations did not really surprise me at all after seeing and experiencing Mark S.’s behavior through the duration of my experience at Trunk Club and you would definitely understand if you met him once.

After having three years filled with extreme lack to detail, acknowledgement, communication, breach of confidentiality and utter incompetence I called Mark S. to have a meeting with the custom department manager multiple times and every call went ignored. I just showed up to the showroom of Trunk Club and talked to Joanna H. in regards to my experience along with breach of client provider confidentiality and how to get the pants that belonged to me back. Joanna asked what I would suggest to resolve the situation so I gave her three options one was how is client/provider confidentiality not going to be breached again for anyone else and my pants, two the confidentiality request and refund of my account (not unreasonable with the experience endured) and my pants or three the confidentiality request my pants and what the company thought was just.

Joanna brought Michael Barkin in to the conversation and I explained everything to Michael and expressed the options Joanna asked for and Michael ran completely with refund assuming that’s what I wanted which was an option, Michael became pushy, argumentative and turned more to expressing his infatuation with his ego of founding the company which is irrelevant since this was about correcting extremely basic behaviors between provider and client, and collecting a client belonging still in Trunk Clubs possession. Multiple emails were exchanged with no apology, no resolution how provider client confidentiality is being kept and no plan in returning client possessions back to them with all this after supposedly communicating everything with CEO Brian Spaly.

Or