Trump University / Real Estate Course

1 Trump TowerNew York, NY, United States Review updated:

First the give you a two hour “free seminar” which is nothing more that
a sales speech, a very good one by the way, so good over 50 people,
including myself signed up for the so call “3-day retreat” for “only”
$1, 495.00.
At the retreat, the only three things that happened: they pre-qualify
you for their $35, 000.00 GOLD PACKAGE, [2] they ask you to call all
your credit card companies and request a credit limit increase (so you
can pay for the 35K), then during three days the sell you over and over
their mentoring services and keep telling you that the information you
are waiting to hear is coming… three days later nothing worth is
mention. Their material is completely worthless. 100+ pages of
content-empty power point print outs.
I requested a refund, both in person and in writing and was denied
with a sorry but we can’t honor your refund request refund.
Over 70% of the participants felt the same way and are now trying to
get their money back via their credit card companies and some writing
to the state attorney general. Also check the BBB for numerous
negative reports.
I SHOULD HAVE DONE MY RESEARCH BEFORE GIVING THEM MY AMEX!!!

BE AWEARE, THESE ARE MASTERS OF THE SCAM…
GOOGLE, SEARCH, READ AND WALK AWAY

Comments

• Ta
      27th of Feb, 2009

Why isn't there a class action suit going on over Trump University. It is clearly a scam (yes, I took the 3 day "sales" course). With Donald being such a high profile person and OPENLY participating in a scam, why isn't somebody doing something??

The course is full of false, misleading, and dare I say ILLEGAL information...come on folks, let's do something for the little guys (David and Goliath?) for a change.

Patt
    California

3rd of Apr, 2009

It is a shame that the people who fall for this kind of stuff are the ones that can least afford it.

I've been a Realtor for 24 years, attended the 2-hour seminar, and realized that it would be very difficult to do and a lot of hard work. As I looked out into the crowd, I saw that there were many in attendance that were non-professional or minimal education, if you get my drift. The sales presentation is great and they get you all excited and then they take your money.

Again, Buyer beware.

• Bu
      15th of Apr, 2009

I agree with the comments above, I also attended the 3 day seminar. (Which my friend bought for $1, 495) He actually sign up for the Gold Elite program $25K, WOW!! They did not want me around him, when he was signing up? I can see how Trump U, like to pray on the weak!! Basically they are not telling you nothing that you can learn on your on time, if you only did your reaserch.
    I am wondering how long it is going to take, for a multi-state class action lawsuit against Trump U or is there one going on now??

• Bu
      15th of Apr, 2009

Be careful with this Trump U, SCAM!!!

• Pa
      30th of Apr, 2009

I filed a complaint on this site. Please reference it by " Business Strategies Group LLC" since that is the TRUMP alias that took my money.

I attended the free sales pitch and then paid $2K for the 3 day seminar. I canceled before the 3 business-day-deadline and now 3 months later I am still trying to get my money returned even though the contract says they will return it with in 10 days.

Please come to me with a class action suit if you are an attorney. I need this money back and their phone doesn't even pick up anymore. No email response and just a bunch of aliases on the internet. Where is TRUMP behind his name. It's a shell game at this point and anyone like me who needs their money back will soon give up at this rate.

• Fj
      20th of Jul, 2009

Everything taught at this seminar I already knew just from reading
    books I bought at Barnes and Noble.
    If you buy books on lease options, forclosure, and asset protection
    for about $100 you will have all the info you get from Trunp U

• Ki
      24th of Jul, 2009

THE IS THE SECRET THE TRUMP GUYS WONT TELL YOU ABOUT CHECK IT !!!

• Tr
      11th of Aug, 2009

after reading the above comments, there is one thing everyone has in common, you all spent your money and feel ike you didn't get anything for it. The same could be true about anything... how many times have you gone to a movie that was terrible?? Did you then publicly bash it on the internet? Some programs work for people, and some don't. There is obvioucly a large number of people these seminars are helping to succeed, otherwise the seminars wouldn't keep poppig up in every major city in the US.

15th of Aug, 2009

The content is fairly high level material. It is geared for people who are go-getters. No matter how good a course is you can't pound nails into concrete. Don't blame your own short commings on the course. "I couldn't handle it, it was too much work, it was too hard, I wanted something for no effort" Survival of the fittest.

• So
      10th of Sep, 2009

WHO do you think finances these guys, LARRYRX?

We do tell them about it here:

• So
      29th of Sep, 2009

Trumpfan, I'm happy for you. I would say though that nobody ever signed a contract walking into a theatre to see a movie, guaranteeing satisfaction, or a full refund. If they had then they would be just in seeking a refund.

• Ri
      7th of Mar, 2010

I, too, signed up for the 3 day class at $1495, after attending the 2 hour free event. The deal was, if you were dissatisfied after the 1st day, you could get your money back. The first day was full of excellent information, so of course, no one wanted their money back. The next 2 days were completely worthless. The focus for those 2 days was to sell you on other programs. About half of the topics listed in the curriculum were never reached at all. They kept saying they'd get to them, but never did. There were people who were happy with the class & some were ready to sign up for the next course, but most were not. I expressed my displeasure in the end-of-class evaluation, not rudely, but succinctly. I stayed in touch with a few people who did not sign up for more classes, but did not express displeasure in their evaluations. Those people were contacted by TrumpU & offered more deals that weren't on the website or offered in class. I was never contacted. Hmm... Wonder why... If they'd given me my money's worth for those 3 days, I would gladly have signed up for more. That would certainly be a better way of doing business.

• Br
      16th of Mar, 2010

My brother and I went to the 2 hour session and I felt like I was listening to a high powered used car salesman. The guy was so arrogant with his "yes or no" at the end of each statement, I wanted to beat the crap out of him. Like other comments here, they do make you feel good about it and you do begin to feel like it can work for you. At the end we asked one of the guys a simple question, " How do you investigate a property to make sure there are no leins against that property and if there are how do you guys recommend that they get removed." The answer was, "they will cover that in the 3 day session." Also, they wanted our money that night or no deal. You can not call them in NY and sign up. That in itself turnrd on the light bulb for me. My brother and I left the room without signing up. They will tell you that you don't want to be in the 80% group that leave without signing up and that the 20% that do are the real go getters and winners. Its a real psychology glass more than anything else. DON'T FALL FOR THEIR BS.

• Tr
      30th of Apr, 2010

Trump University Class Action Lawsuit Filed!

A nationwide Trump University (40 Wall Street, New York, NY) consumer fraud class action lawsuit has been filed!

To be a part of the Trump University class action lawsuit, Get involved in the case, OR Provide information about your experience

CONTACT the class action law firm handling the case:

Zeldes & Haeggquist, LLP

619-342-8000
    ambere@zhlaw.com

www.zhlaw.com

Keywords: Trump University Scam, Trump University Review, Trump University Complaint

• To
      4th of May, 2010

I read lots of Trump books and had admiration for Mr. Trump. Therefore, I went to the 2 hours free information and was sold a 3 days how to profit in foreclosure for $1495. Then came the 3 days which I was looking forward to; and there was Mr. J. Harris there waiting for the trap. He told us that you can not learn anything in 3 days unless you get a mentor who will help you succeed in this business. During the 3 days, they misleading you to open more credit cards, raise your credit lines, and call anyone who have money to pay for their expensive $35, 000 seminars package. Mr. J. Harris also said that Mr. Trump is so wealthy that he doesn't need your pity $35, 000, he only did it because he felt right to do so and help out people, which was totally B.S.

The mentor came out, some from out of state, some from other regions, some doesn't even know the area, and they all tried to teach you about your areas. The mentor I had tried to sell me stuffs out of state, which I'm living in CA, and I believe it was totally wrong. They didn't teach you anything about seller financing, negotiations, finding deals, or funding deals, or any other useful strategies that the real deals are using.

They took you around go look at houses, and told you to make low offers on REO. Going to look at houses, you can get agents to show you at houses for free of charge. Make low offers, you can go get agents to help you write offers all day long. Also, making low offers on REO is like running along with the herds, everyone is doing it, there's nothing special about it.

3 days go by and they just doing the same everyday. Nothing special. The third days, they hand you some random websites that they'd pulled off from internet and tell you to visit it. Gave you some phony agent number from somewhere and told you to call, which the agent refused to make low offers for you. And, there, the mentor went off to the sunset along with your $35k.

I am very disappointed for some one whom I always look up to with very high regards!!!

T.L