TruLegal Help / Fraud and scam

494 Sheridan Blvd #202BDenver, CO, United States Review updated:
Phone: 303-482-1158
I am attempting to get a divorce in the state of AZ. The marriage was very short-term; no property, no children, nothing. It should have been a 'quickie' divorce, except the estranged is a psycho. He hired an attorney in an attempt to intimidate and manipulate me. I am a recent grad school graduate and a first year educator, translating to having no money for legal counsel. I was contacted by TruLegal, and told them all of the above information. The gal who contacted me guaranteed me that TruLegal could help me. She even told me how they had helped her resolve a legal matter.

So, I paid them a $30 setup fee and waited to hear from my 'case manager'. Finally, since no one contacted me after receiving my money, I called them. I spoke with two different paralegals; Dan and Rick. Rick was apparently the supervisor. When I relayed my story to him once again, he told me that he was sorry, but they couldn't help with divorces in AZ. I told him that I had told the first girl what type of legal issue I was having and she assured me that TruLegal could help me. He apologized and told me that he would get my $30 back for me.

To date, I have not seen a refund, nor have I heard anything from this company, even after numerous attempts to contact them via email, phone and fax. If you don't have the money to afford legitimate legal counsel, like I did not, you surely don't have the money to be ripped off!!! Do NOT use this company!!
Va

Comments

Sc
  30th of Oct, 2008
I contacted Trulegal and spoke Russell on October 15, 2008 where I was instructed True Legal would assist with a problem I was having. My card was immediately charged $129.95, he stated he would send me some paperwork to complete and email him back over the weekend. For two days I heard absolutely nothing. On October 17, 2008 I contacted him again and advised him that I had not received anything. He then sent me some papers, most of which looked like divorce paperwork that has absolutely nothing to do with my case. I completed the paperwork out to what applied to me and I sent it back. On Monday October 20, 2008 I called Russell and left a voice message. No answer by Tuesday so I sent an email. No answer by Wednesday so I sent another email. No answer by Thursday so I called the number he provided to find out it was no longer good. I called the new number listed and got a recording but left a message. By Sunday I was filing a police report due to this whole situation with my ex-employer and no help or ability to contact you for assistance. No one was returning my calls no one was returning my emails. Then on Monday October 27, 2008, I called and left another message, I sent another email message still no response. Finally I left one more message that if I did not hear from anyone by 1:00 pm I would be forced to go elsewhere. I heard nothing and had absolutely no choice but to go to Pre-Paid legal for assistance. Pre-Paid legal which I am a member took immediate action and is now working on the case.

Tuesday while balancing my checkbook I saw another deduction from you for 129.95 (unauthorized) No one had still returned my calls or emails. I called the new number again where I spoke to a female that told me that she was going to call me back and I was on her list today. I told her at this time her assistance was no longer needed and advised her what had happened. She persisted in calling me a liar stating she only had one phone message from me. She told me that Russell was on vacation but she would help me, stating that she worked for Prepaid legal and they could not possibly help me on the issue and they were going to charge me tons more money. Continually talking over me and completely ignoring the fact that I had told her that I already had representation on the matter due to their lack of action and lack of communication. She told me she would talk to accounting immediately and have $100.00 credited back to my account that it was by mistake. She then told me that even though I had absolutely no service in October she was going to charge the 29.95 for October and going to keep the 29.95 for November. As of today October 30, 2008 there has been no refund and the failure to refund and correct the error has now caused an overdraft fee of my account. I tried to reach them again by phone and again there is no answer. I have left a voice message over 2 hours ago and as of this time I have not had a return call.