Trulegal / Scam and cheating

I contacted Trulegal LLC, Russell on October 15, 2008 where I was instructed TruLegal would assist with a problem I was having. My card was immediately charged $129.95, he stated he would send me some paperwork to complete and email him back over the weekend. For two days I heard absolutely nothing.

On October 17, 2008 I contacted him again and advised him that I had not received anything. He then sent me some papers, most of which looked like divorce paperwork that has absolutely nothing to do with my case. I completed the paperwork out to what applied to me and I sent it back.

On Monday October 20, 2008 I called Russell and left a voice message. No answer by Tuesday so I sent an email. No answer by Wednesday so I sent another email. No answer by Thursday so I called the number he provided to find out it was no longer good. I called the new number listed and got a recording but left a message.

By Sunday I was filing a police report due to this whole situation with my ex-employer and no help or ability to contact them for assistance. No one was returning my calls no one was returning my emails. Then on Monday October 27, 2008, I called and left another message, I sent another email message still no response.

Finally I left one more message that if I did not hear from anyone by 1:00 pm I would be forced to go elsewhere. I heard nothing and had absolutely no choice but to go to Pre-Paid legal for assistance. Pre-Paid legal which I am a member took immediate action and is now working on the case.

Tuesday while balancing my checkbook I saw another deduction from you for 129.95 (unauthorized) No one had still returned my calls or emails. I called the new number again where I spoke to a female that told me that she was going to call me back and I was on her list today. I told her at this time her assistance was no longer needed and advised her what had happened. She persisted in calling me a liar stating she only had one phone message from me. She told me that Russell was on vacation but she would help me, stating that she worked for Prepaid legal and they could not possibly help me on the issue and they were going to charge me tons more money. Continually talking over me and completely ignoring the fact that I had told her that I already had representation on the matter due to their lack of action and lack of communication. She told me she would talk to accounting immediately and have $100.00 credited back to my account that it was by mistake. She then told me that even though I had absolutely no service from them in October she was going to charge the 29.95 for October and going to keep the 29.95 for November.

As of today October 30, 2008 there has been no refund and the failure to refund and correct the error has now caused an overdraft fee of my account. I tried to reach them by phone and again there is no answer. I have left a voice messages over 2 hours ago and as of this time I have not had a return call.

I understand this is a membership, however, this is a membership that provides access to legal assistance something they have failed to do. Further, due to the extreme circumstances of receiving absolutely no service from them and them taking money from my account that they are not authorized to take resulting in an overdraft on my account, is there anyone that can assist or make sure they absolutely are not able to treat others like this.

La

Comments

Su
  7th of Feb, 2009

Trulegal, got me for over $700.00 for a divorce in April. I still haven't heard from them either I think it's time for a class action suit against them

hornedhorse@hotmail.com

Ma
  27th of Feb, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes

Trulegal got us for well over $1000.00..
I needed help with a legal issue in another state, so I asked for their help. They said they could help, for $100.00 to sign up and only
$19.95 a month. They contacted us and said it would cost $750.00 to take care of this matter, so we gave them permission to debit the money from our account. They did nothing for us but drain money.
I called my bank to stop them from taking the monthly amount, and a month later they had changed the amount to 29.95 and started taking it out again. I called the phone # from that transaction on my statement and a woman answered the phone "cinemark", I told her that she had better not take another dime from my checking account, she promptly hung up the phone. The next time I called the #, a man answered and when I asked if this was trulegal, he wanted to know what that was because he' d had several upset phone calls looking for answers about $$$$. He told me that was his residential # and that he was in DENVER, CO.
I finally went to my bank and cancelled out my debit card and got a new one, and trulegal has since attempted to withdraw $ from my account.
Mad as h^!!**