TruGreenservice

Buyer Beware:
I don’t normally write reviews one way or another. I am the type of customer that understands “things happen”. I first was recommended to TruGreen back in the beginning of December 2016 from my landscaper. I had recently replaced my entire front yard with new sod and discovered after the sod was installed that it came with chinch bugs. I called TruGreen when I came home from work one night at about 7pm. The customer service agent or salesman sold me the service right over the phone with some BASIC guarantees. #1… They always call 24 hours in advance to make sure we are aware they are coming because I have a newborn and was concerned with the chemicals being sprayed without my knowledge. #2 they would fix my lawn…..make it green again! #3 if I was ever unsatisfied I could call back in between services and request a respray. I agreed to the verbal contract (as we were on a recorded phone line) and was told someone would be in touch with me within the next 5 days to set up a service. You can imagine my surprise when I arrived home 3 days later with Trugreen flags on my front yard indicating that someone was there and sprayed. What happened to calling 24 hours in advance to let me know they were coming out?? I was aggravated because this is not what I was sold, but I never complained which is my fault. Two weeks later my wife calls me at work to tell me that Trugreen showed up with no notice and is now aerating my yard. Again, I was not called beforehand. Once again all I want is a GREEN YARD, so I again don’t complain. On the receipt that was left on the door it stated how to water the lawn and mow it. I showed this to my landscaper and he assured me that this is exactly how he mows; again he is the man who recommended me to Trugreen. I double checked my sprinkler system so that I was completely satisfied that my sprinkler was not over watering ( took the tuna can trick that they recommended). On the receipt, it was sated that I should see all weeds die and turn yellow within 3- 7 weeks. 9 weeks later I have the same awful looking lawn that I started with. I have already paid TruGreen approx. $250 by then. So if they come out every 2 months and you are not supposed to see improvements until 7 weeks, how are you supposed to call for a retreat?? I mean Trugreen is supposed to be the “experts”. Last week was the final straw. I came home from work on 1/30/17 and found a door tag from TruGreen. It was a door hanger to try and drum up some business. On it was a note from the “Area Manager” Steve who stated that my lawn was overgrowing with weeds and to please call him so we could discuss what his company could do for me. I called him and played dumb. I asked him if my lawn looked that bad. He stated that he would have never left a note if it didn’t. He then told me the same thing the original guy who sold me the plan did from the beginning with 24 hour call before arrival, ect…. After he was done with the sales pitch I told him that my yard was getting treated but never told him it was from his company, TruGreen. He told me that I should call up and FIRE the company that I am with because they are clearly not doing their job and taking my money. When I finally told him that it was TruGreen he couldn’t back track fast enough. He then stated he was so sorry for the service that I had been given. He told me to call him from now on and to not call corporate as he wanted to make sure that the ball didn’t get dropped. We ended the phone call with him putting in a customer concern ticket and he said that someone would be in contact with me about my issues. Once again imagine my surprise when my wife called me the next day to tell me that TruGreen was spraying my lawn again without calling 24 hours before like they supposedly do. I called the corporate headquarters the next day and spoke with Carl Crawford (sorry if I misspelled) and stated my whole issue. I told him that I didn’t have any faith in the company anymore and my lawn still looks just as bad as it did from day one. I told him I feel that Trugreen should give my money back as they are not providing the service that was explained to me on a recorded line. Again I told him either give me my money back or make my lawn green which I no longer have faith that this company can do. He told me that he wanted to save me as a customer and that someone from the branch level(possibly the GM) would be contacting me no later than 3 business days which was Friday 2/3/17 being the last day. Well, today is Monday 2/6/17 and still haven’t heard anything!! This is truly AWFUL CUSTOMER SERVICE!!! I just want what I PAID FOR!! Obviously after 3 times out and still not getting it right, this company never will. When I called to talk with someone I was told that they only can sell you a new service after hours but all complaints and issues with your account can only be discussed between Monday thru Friday 9-5pm. WOW!!! GREAT BUSINESS MODEL!!! I will be looking for a smaller company that actually values my business. I also have been told that because of my experience my landscaper will not be recommending TruGreen anymore because of the POOR SERVICE!! As I stated at the beginning I never write reviews but in this case I don’t want anyone else to go through what I have. To top it all off I should have done the research from the beginning, their reviews are awful and I’m sure they don’t even tell the full story!! I will be posting this review on EVERY REVIEW WEBSITE that there is and will be contacting the local news. I don’t want anyone else to be SCAMMED like I was!

Josh (Tequesta, Florida)