True Vision, Inc / Scam

1 Wilming, NC, United States Review updated:

Despite "No Solicitation" signs posted at the entrance of our neighborhood, we had a young lady knocking on the door telling a sob story about how she was in rehab and had lost her children, the company was helping her to return to school. After agreeing to buy two magazines (at $100) she asked us to say something positive about her to show to our other neighbors. Invoices state to contact them after 120 days if nothing has been recieved. Husband tried to call and was told the number was disconnected, but I've called and left messages with no return call. Beware, send these people packing as soon as they knock on the door!

Comments

• Bi
      15th of Apr, 2009

The fact that the woman working for "True Vison" apparently couldn't READ the "no soliciting" signs should have set off the warning bells right then and there.
    No wonder those are signs up, you're gullible enough to buy two magazines for $100!

• Sh
      24th of Jun, 2009
    True Vision, Inc - Did not receive magazines
    True Vision, Inc
    P.O.Box 16468
    Chesapeake
    Virginia
    Phone: 757-305-7195

I ordered 2 magazines, 02-03-2009 from a young man, whose "name"
    was Dominique. the order #2239. His agent #is 63, and his manager's
    name was Jason. He told me the lady across the street had just renewed a magazine for her daughters.. so I ordered. The total amount
    of the order was $52.00. The check was cashed on 02-10-2009, and
    to date, I have not received the magazines. I called on day 120, as is
    stated on my receipt and got "mail box full." I have written to the
    company and plan to contact the Attorney General's Office for the
    State or Commonwealth of Virginia. I am also contacting the maga-
    zine companies, Christianity Today and Gospel Today, to see if they
    ever received the order... Probably not. My neighbor did get the maga-
    zine for her daughters however, and has not had a problem... Help!!!