True Vision, Inc. / Scam

United States Review updated:
Just one more report on the True Vision, Inc. scam. I bought a renewal magazine subscription back in May 2008. Same story as the others here, the well-dressed young man claimed he was trying to get back on his feet and was selling magazine subscriptions to do so. Because this was a renewal, I wasn't immediately concerned. Once I started receiving notices from the magazine that my subscription was about to run out, I knew something was up.

I'd actually searched for the True Vision, Inc. company on https://www.complaintsboard.com prior to making the purchase and it turned up nothing, unless I missed it. No database is perfect.

Sidenote: If you search for True Vision here, you'll find a few 'rebuttals' posted by an 'employee' known as 1mickey. My 'salesman' was Mickey Clements, and I wonder if it isn't the same guy hoping to screw a few others out of their money.
Va

Comments

Di
  5th of Jan, 2009
Amazing to read your story... I too had an issue with True Vision, making a purchase in January 08. When, in September, I finally got someone on the phone (after numerous attempts), they gave me a sob story about how several of their subscription firms they buy through went under and they were left holding the bag and were working to get subscriptions delivered...

I faxed in a letter with the facts and a copy of the subcription receipt and was promised a refund in 60 days or less... well, you can guess what didn't show up.

I called today to check on my "refund" and guess who answered? Micky Clements, Agent #30...

Looks like he's climbed the scam ladder and is now in management..
Su
  12th of Jan, 2009
A representative of True Vision, Inc. came to our door last spring (June 2008) claiming to sell magazine subscriptions that would help her earn money to go to a beauty college. We got suckered into buying, and in return we received nothing. No magazines, no refunds, no returned voicemails. Beware of this dishonest "company" and keep your money.
Ri
  19th of Feb, 2009
Same story as the others, purchased in Aug. 08 still nothing. Have been calling and leaving messages weekly, no return call nothing. Very sad scam. It's not like they don't have ALL of our information to contact us etc.
He
  7th of Apr, 2009
Ordered a magazine subscription from a young woman who claimed to be down on her luck, working hard to regain custody of her children after overcoming drug addiction. Paid $50 for a subscription that never came.
Du
  8th of Apr, 2009
I bought a magazine subscription from a woman claiming to be trying to get her life back on track after drug addiction. It never arrived. Phone calls to the company get no response. This company uses your sense of empathy to steal your money.

Later, unfortunately, looked online and saw numerous fraud reports about this company.
Am
  20th of Apr, 2009
Same story, different day. Is anybody investigating this? Purchased 12/9/08--waited 120 days (which seems unreasonable anyway)--nothing delivered.
Os
  20th of May, 2009
I live in Westerville, OH and I got screwed out of $120. I called their telephone and left several messages but received no reply. I pray that one of their salespeople comes back to our neighborhood and tries this again. They are nothing but crooks.
Pa
  28th of May, 2009
Please contact the Virginia Office of Consumer Affairs, 804-371-0391 to discuss your complaint and consider filing a complaint with this agency.
Re
  30th of Oct, 2009
I too, was scammed!!! On November 5th, 2008, I gave this guy $155.00 for a subscription to both myself & to a charitable organization. I have received nothing at all. I tried to phone the number on the receipt with no luck at all. These people really are taking advantage of good-hearted people.
Rebecca, Oakton, VA
Pc
  1st of Nov, 2009
Anyone scammed needs to contact the Virginia Office of Consumer Affairs, at Mike.coston@vdacs.virginia.gov, or contact the Chesapeake Virginia City Police Dept.
Pc
  1st of Nov, 2009
Contact the authorities - you might not get your money back - but you'll put some heat on these crooks.
Cu
  2nd of Jun, 2014
True is a huge service provider with very little service mind starting from people at call center. We are charged even our cable tv that has not been working for almost a month even after 2 visits from the company. Cable were installed by True people who misused the cable and misplaced the disc according their own people who did not resolve the problems and asked us to file another 2 requests of relocating the disc and recable at our cost when it was their poor work and judgement in the first place. It is Not about the money BUT SERVICE MIND AS TRUE IS A SERVICE PROVIDER!!! People at call center have no training of how to handle the problem and keep customer happy. I would not be surprised to see True chase customers away!!!