true care advantage plus / scam

1 WI, United States Review updated:

This company is a joke. A year ago I signed up for their services for a one year membership. They called my phone last week to tell me my one year was up and that they were renewing my membership for me and charging my visa $298.00. I told them to absolutely not charge my card and to cancel my membership. A week later, my bank account is overdrawn because they charged me the $298.00. So I called up true care, talked to 3 different people, was on hold for a total of 45 minutes and was finally connected to billing. The lady in billing said she would have to check the phone records because she didn't believe that a representative would have told me such a thing. They are supposedly refunding the money back into my account, but I won't really find out for 2 business days if they actually did it. Overall, this is a scam, do not use this company!

Comments

• Ji
      9th of Jul, 2009

I was ripped off as well bu True Care Advantage. I was called by a representative of True Care Advantage and told I had requested information on their insurance. This was not true but I listened to what the man had to say. He told me that I save 50 percent off my dental work. I inquired if my dentist excepted and the True Care Advantage representative said yes. I sign up for the plan.

Guess what. My dentist did not accept the program nor had he ever accepted it. I call the number for True Care Advantage and reach a company called American Health Advantage. I leave several messages. I am never called back. Eventually I am billed for my 2nd month and I now am past the 30 day refund policy. I call. I get a girl on the line that tells me I can cancel, but there will be no refund because it has been over 30 days.

Nevermind True Care Advantage lied to me. Never mind I had been calling to cancel all month.

A scam and a fraud this company is. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH TRUE CARE ADVANTAGE OR AMERICAN HEALTH ADVANTAGE.

• Cy
      11th of Feb, 2010

Hi I was a recent employee I just quit today after being there a week, I refuse to lie to customers and also stealing there money. You have to read from a script and even tho they didn't want information we had to say that they did and give them a made up date going back a few months ago so they don't remember and the famous line " You were approved and to have your special rate you have o sign up today, they mislead people by making them believe its insurance. there cards are worthless you will end up paying more to the company than saving money there office is in Lake Mary Florida also here is the email they send to you when someone is looking for employment they send the person this

Producers Inc.

159 Parliament Loop

Lake Mary, FL 32746

866-886-4003 Ex 3

Make $20.00 to $40.00 per hour:

· Great work Environment.

· No experience required.

· Paid Each Friday

Work Schedules Available:

· Day Time 9:30 to 3:30

· Night Time 4:00 to 9:00

· Monday - Friday

Pay is $8.00 per hour Plus Commission:

· Office environment is amazing!

· No weekends.

• Ne
      24th of Feb, 2010

To the comment at the top. I worked for true care advantage. It is a medical discount program. Actually in many ways will help people if they realize how to use it. Obviously your payment was subjected accidentally somehow. They will return your money to you Im sure.

To the second person. Its not insurance, and it seems like you were instructed by the wrong person employed. A bad seed. Which every company experiences. The good sales people there will not mislead you into believing it is insurance. Those that do are unhesitantly instructed to leave. If you ask for a specific dentist they may or may not be on the list. Once again a bad seed. Its unfortunate, but while I worked there I treated everybody respectfully and it really can help you if your instructed how to use it. You have to go to a plan provider of theirs. PPO! Preferred provider network. If you do so you WILL receive a discount. Thats what you enroll for. I always made sure they were informed. There are many others their that will do the same. I no longer work their but I do have the plan.

• To
      3rd of Jun, 2010

That doesn't happen. They lie to you it is a scam and if you do the right thing you are fired which is a good thing.

14th of Dec, 2010

I was contacted by True Care Advantage today via my cell. The gal who spoke to me was reading her text and going very fast. A sure sign of someone who is just out for the money and not a true representative of a valid or decent service. I could "feel" it was not good. I made it clear that she should not ding my card for any reason and I figured they must have my card info since there was mention of the monthly price for the service. I also received a notice of the service in my e mail then proceeded to write to them again requesting that they may not charge my card for a blasted thing! The e mail said I would receive a membership card in the mail (even after the gal on my call said there would be no mailings to me) So now I am seriously thinking of canceling my debit card so they CAN'T get anything off of it even they try! I can get a new card with a new number. Why don't people go to work for their money like I do! Stop trying to take my 'earned' money out of my pocket for crap I don't even want.

16th of May, 2011

This company is a SCAM. I had them for about a year and the discount cards were not accepted anywhere I tried to use them. Then when I sent an email saying I wanted to cancel and to not charge my card, they still did. I have confirmation they my email was received but the lady on the phone said there is no way of them accepting an email because it is unreliable...yet they have email listed as a way to contact them on their website. She refused to give me a refund of the money they wrongfully charged me and I plan on taking this further. DO NOT USE THIS HORRIBLE COMPANY.

• Wk
      20th of May, 2011

i signed up today and after the money was taken out of my bank account we figured it was a scam so the wife as tried to call the rep used on the caller iD and the number is not a good number and called the 800 number and they did not know anything so i had my card canceled and if i loose $44.95 so be it can't aford it since i'm on disablity and i'm goning to dispute the charges the number was on the e-mail is 1-800-441-0380 i'm going to file a complaint to the BBB and everyone else should do the same on this company and i may take this to a TV station to get the word out and i was told my rwife did the app in Feb 2011 and that she was approved but when i checked there website there was no way her or i would have filled out the app. i believe a company sold her name and e-mail address to these SCAMMERS

• Ti
      25th of Jun, 2011

i was just contacted by jesse today.she used the same line telling me that i applied 6 months ago.i just want to know how she knew all my personal info? also the caller id number was disconnected when i called back. must be a scam.

• Ha
      28th of Aug, 2011

Company is a scam, they will call you and talk to you very quickly saying that you had applied for health or dental insurance and that they have all your data on file. They are smart because they tell you that you have applied 1 or 2 months ago and finally you have been accepted. So, it is in the past enough that you may not recall, especially if you have recently been looking around for insurance. Beware of them.

• Fa
      7th of Sep, 2011

This company is definitely not to be trusted. They talk nice, but they are not to be trusted! Nothing they say is true. Do not believe them! Please do not believe you can get a refund if you choose not to use them, they are full of loop holes. Just please Run from their website! Please, for your own good, DO NOT USE THIS HORRIBLE HORRIBLE COMPANY! I only regret I acted too fast.

• Te
      28th of Nov, 2011

I am in process of trying to stop a foreclosure. I have been paying 19.95 a month since Aug 2006 for what shows on my mortgage statement as "optional A & H Insurance" I needed to use my Accident and health insurance as i broke my leg and was out of work for 4 months. When Ispoke to my mortgage company to get my mortgage payment covered under this insurance they told me they new nothing about it but gave me a number to call and a certificate number. When I called some guy with a foreign accent said he would give me the information but wanted to send me 700 dollars worth of grocery store coupons, he just needed my credit card info to pay for postage. When I said that wasn't going to happen and I still wanted information he gave me a number to call... 1-800-555-1212. Thats the toll free number directory assistance. I called back the mortgage company and they called a different number with me on the line. Advantage Care Plus. They asked if I wanted information about it and I said since I was paying for it i wanted the information. The mortgage company said on my statement it was optional a&h insurance, but advantage care plus web site says on the 1st line
    "This is not insurance" I thought I was paying for disability insurance not a discount drug club that I never used. Now my house is in foreclosure, and Advantage Care plus said they will call me back with a recording of me accepting the service. Can't wait for that.

• Di
      3rd of Oct, 2012

They promised me a 30-50% discount. I only wanted it for my daughters braces. The original quote from my dentist was only 15% higher. That doesn't even cover the cost I paid for the discount plan. I asked for my money back but I was outside the 30 guarantee. I asked to speak with a supervisor and was told by the customer service rep that she was the supervisor. I stayed on the phone until she was forced to put the office manager on the phone. He told me that if I switched to traditional braces that I would only be charged $1200 if a picked a dentist off their list. My dentist was on the list but does not do traditional braces. Got a quote for traditional braces and guess what...they quoted more for that than the ones I orginally wanted. This company lies and does not give your money back.

• Ka
      26th of Aug, 2016

I was searching online for a dental company that would provide services for dental partials.(false teeth) I found American Health True Care Dental
    ( they must keep changing their name) around 2012- 2013, I believe. I paid $75 for enrolling and t hey sent me a credit card sized cheaply printed cardstock card, saying I had True Dental Discount and vision care with eye-med also. I did show the eye-med card to several opticians and they said t hey didn't handle t hat company. Before I applied for True Care Dental, I had insurance with Carreington which seemed to be a legitimate company as the dentist was telling me what the discount was each time I went. When the premium for Carreington increased I searched and found True Care Dental with what looked like the same discount I had with Carreington, so I applied and paid. I did not get a renewal card. The next year True Care Dental automatically charged my credit card $155.00 and because I was only seeing the dentist ocassionally then, I mistakenly thought I was getting discounts from True Care Dental, when I guess it was actually still Carreington as they never asked for my card again. Well, the 3rd year True Care charged my card w/o notifying me again, I called a few months afterwards and they said they couldn't refund my money, but I could cancel the next year when I got an email notice or letter a month before they were going to charge my credit card $155.00 again. Then I could call and cancel. So now in 2016 I got mad when I saw the $155.00 charge again on my statement and called the company at 1-800-747-6190 and got the run-around, phone going dead, transferring, etc. I was only told that I could get a pro-rated refund and then asked again and again if I got the email that customer service just sent to me. No email, no letter, no card to prove discount number. Was given the stalling act. I finally just said I would take care of it by calling my credit Card company. I called Discover Card and they filed a dispute and refunded my money to my account that day - this has always been the easiest way for me to solve a problem like this. What crooks. I may not have found the right sight to complain, because I see the last comments were in 2011 -- but I hope everyone knows the scam is still going on.

4155.00and I figured that must be from the