True Assure / False advertising

Dear Yahoo!: I do NOT appreciate false advertising in any shape or form, especially not on a site that I respect, such as my own Yahoo! email.

But there was (and still is) an ad for a FREE Credit Score there. I followed the link, filled out all the information, and at5 the end of the line was asked to PAY a $1.00 FEE. Well, that's not a lot of money but the principle is this: THIS IS NOT A "FREE" CREDIT SCORE!!!

I would urge you to look into this and REMOVE this sdvertiser from your list, OR have them actually provide a FREE credit score, as they smugly advertise.

An apology to me and other Yahoo! users would also be nice.

Thank you!

Frank P. Tomasulo, Ph.D.
Professor and Head, Film Studies
College of Motion Picture, Television and Recording Arts
Florida State University
1125 Renae Way
Tallahassee, FL 32312

[protected]

Comments

• Fr
      12th of Aug, 2009

Frank

As as professor, I am surprised that you choose to twist words around so. There is a great book by Chris Anderson called "Free: The Future of a Radical Price". You should read it. What is being offered by TrueAssure is well within the 100+ year history of free. You are being given a free sample, or a free complimentary good.

In this case the free credit report is indeed free. Read the terms and conditions. The $1 is refundable upon request, so if you want it free, it is free. But is it being offered as a sample to their credit monitoring service - which costs money. Free for 7 days, after that you need to cancel or pay.

This is as much "free" (actually a lot more free) than that free cell phone you got from AT&T. You or someone else will pay for it in some way shape or form. In this case though, they do what the ad says. You can get a free credit report, just follow all of the terms and conditions.

• Th
      23rd of Sep, 2009

The TRUE ASSURE FREE CREDIT REPORT IS BOGUS THEY GET YOU TO SIGN UP SAYING FREE AND THEN AFTER 3-7 DAYS THEY WITHDRAWL AMOUNTS UP TO 49.95 OUT OF YOUR ACCT UNTIL YOU NOTICE AND CALL & THEN THEY HASSLE YOU ABOUT YOUR REFUND AND MOST OF THE TIME DON'T GIVE IT TO YOU AT ALL!!! THE AGENT THAT ANSWERS THE PHONE WILL TELL YOU THEY CAN ONLY REFUND 1 MONTH AND THEN THEY GET THE SUPERVISOR WHICH TELL YOU THEY CAN ONLY DO 1 MORE AND THEY HAVE 2 SUBMIT FURTHER REQUEST TO COPORATE WHICH IN TURN SEND YOU AN E-MAIL SAYING THEY CAN NOT REFUND THE MONEY ITS YOUR FAULT YOU SHOULD READ WHAT U SIGNED UP FOR!!! I WORK THERE AND TRUST ME DO NOT USE ANY OF THEIR SITE THEY HOOK YOU THRU FREESCORESTRIO, ANNUAL DREDIT REPORT, FREE CREDIT REPORT.COM, TRUEASSURE AND SEVERAL OTHER CODE NAMES THEY USE TO ROB YOU!!! BEWARE!!!

12th of Aug, 2010

They got me foe over $300.00 ... 29.99 at a time over the period of 9 months till I noticed.. I was looking for the actual FREE credit report website when I got this one. I was trying to find annual credit report . com

I think we could get a class action suite going if I keep finding more people online in this same situation with True Assure ...

One thing is true they will get your money one way or another...