True & Associates / Fraudulent company

1 United States

The fact that the receptionist answered the phone 'Marketing' instead of 'True & Associates' was the first clue. The second was the absence of a company sign or website which was 'undergoing routine maintenance.' When I went for my interview, which was a cattle-call, only a piece of paper with the word 'marketing' on it was taped to the front door, or I wouldn't have known I was in the right place. As I waited for my interview with company owner, loud music was blaring from the receptionist's computer. One of the songs actually had the word 'mother[censored]er' in its vocals. The nine other interviewees in the waiting room with me were slack-jawed from the shock of it.

Skipping forward, I was asked to come again for a 'second interview' which I was told would be eight hours long, and I would have to dress down in a polo shirt, not interview-appropriate clothing. I'm embarrassed to say I actually showed up. I was told I would be spending the day at an 'event' with Anthony, so down the stairs we went to the parking lot. At that point, Anthony told me I would have to move my car, as if I were going to be leaving my car in the parking lot and riding with him to the event in his car. Not knowing anything about Anthony, including his last name, I expressed that I would prefer to take my own car, if that wouldn't be a problem. Anthony's blunt answer was, 'It would.'

There was no way I was getting into a car with a total stranger with bad manners and an aggressive attitude. By the way, I never got the owner's last name or his business card. Adding it all up, I wasted my time interviewing with this unprofessional company. Beware.

Sc