TRU TECH / TRU TECH T-600 DVD/CD PLAYER & TARGET

1 6Bethlehem, PA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 610-867-5508

Purchased a Tru Tech T-600 DVD/CD Player at Target in March 2007. Used it at the shore in July and then once or twice since then. Went to use it this past weekend and remote control WOULD NOT open the disc drive. The disc drive also would not open from the front of the machine. THIS DVD/CD PLAYER IS A PIECE OF JUNK. Target was NO HELP--over 90 days since I bought it. The company, Starlite Consumer, DID NOT return my telephone calls of yesterday. Of course, you don't get any one directly. Will not deal with that brand again NOR Target as long as they continue to sell that brand. BUYERS BEWARE!!!!!

More TRU TECH Complaints & Reviews

Comments

Ro
  3rd of Jan, 2008

Sorry, I mistakenly put my telephone number on my complaint about Tru Tech and Target. The contact telephone number for Tru Tech is 1-866-387-2027. I never got to talk to a "live person" and no one called me back.

The e-mail address for Target is guest.relations@target.com. I was impressed with how quickly they answered my e-mail, especially when I initiated the e-mail on January 1st!

MOST IMPORTANT - if you just bought a Tru-Tech item and it does not work, take it back to the store ASAP within the 90 days OR Target will not help you! Read the back of your warranty book just in case your item has a warranty of less than 90 days.

Ro
  22nd of Jan, 2008

The dvd disc changer became non operable within 6 month of purchase! Beware!

Bo
  31st of Mar, 2008

I purchased a 17"LCD TV + DVD Trutech from Target in September, 2007. The DVD makes a very loud noise when you first turn the TV set on. This loud noise lasts for a couple minutes. Very Annoying. But I like the TV after the noise stops. Would like to know how to stop this noise.

Th
  29th of May, 2008

I purched a Trutech go anywhere 7" DVD player model# PVS12701. MFG date april 2007. I purched it from Target. I only used it when traveling. I would say no more 10 movies were played!

Ph
  20th of Jun, 2008

I purchased a Trutech 21" tv in Dec. of 2006 and have had numerous problems with the quality. My local repair shop has
fixed it twice. My latest problem has to do with the remote, it will not operate at all and I can't find a universal romote compatible.
I would like for you to either replace the defective one or imform me where I may purchase one. I have checked the Target store
where it was orginally purchased and they had no idea. Your assistance in this matter is appreciated as the TV works manually.

Regards,
Phil Prinzi

Da
  5th of Jul, 2008

I am looking for a replacement remote for my portable dvd player . Trutech model no. PVS12701. Need to know availability and price. Please e-mail information. Thanks for you're time

El
  18th of Jul, 2008

I bought a trutech dvd player from Target in March
2008.It is now July 2008.Went to use it this morning and the dvd display tells me it is the wrong disc.no matter how I try to change it.
It truly is a piece of junk.I guess I will have to throw it out.Buyers beware.Do not buy this item from anyone.
Yvonne Griffiths

Do
  19th of Oct, 2008

My daughter was given a TruTech Go Anywhere DVD player PVS12701 from Target as a gift. It has NEVER worked. Tried to return it to Target. It had been purchased 90 days prior and they would not take it back OR replace it with one that worked. I do not shop there anymore!

Ja
  29th of Jun, 2009

I too bought a Tru-tech tv/dvd combo, I had it about 3 1/2 months, had only ever watched it 4 or 5 times and had never even had a dvd in it and went to turn it on one day and nothing. I took it back to Target and they said my warranty with them had expired a couple of weeks earlier, it was only good for 90 days. Target gave me a number to call for the manufacturer warranty which is supposed to be good for 1 year. I have called and left probably 25 messages for them to call me back and they will not. I will never purchase another item from Target as long as I live, I will however take their adds to Walmart who will meet their prices, I will also not buy another GPX product because they do not stand behind their warranty or products. I could have just flushed the $300 I paid for the tv down the toilet, I would have gotten the same satisfaction.

Jackie Hollowell