TRS Recovery Services / untrue claim that I owe them money
I received in the mail a "Notice of Attorney Referral" from TRS Recovery Services. The letter claims that I had written a check to a Wal-Mart in Tulare, CA in December of 2007, and that they had tried numerous times to contact me (which did not happen). Upon trying to contact them back at one of the numerous numbers that were provided, I was never able to reach a human being to talk with them. Since I had NOT written a check for $820.00 to Wal-Mart in Tulare, because I live at least five hours away, I became alarmed that this was 1) either a scam on the part of TRS or 2) Identity Theft. I contacted my local Police Department, and they were nice enough to check into the situation for me.
The officer working on the case suggested that I do the following:
Because TRS is actually a legitimate business (I don't understand why!), that I write them a letter stating that the check was not written by me, that I had contacted my local law enforcement agency, and that they need to send me an affadavit form. I obtained a Police Report for this claim, and I will share that with TRS.
The officer told me that once this happens, if they then send me the form, to go ahead and fill it out and it should be done. He said also that many times, they drop the case. Good Luck, and beware! Don't give them any personal information.
More TRS Recovery Services Complaints & Reviews
- TRS Recovery Services - beware, trs is a rip off! 
- TRS Recovery Services - horrible experience 
- TRS Recovery Services - fraud 
- TRS Recovery Services - wal-mart check
- TRS Recovery Services - scam and cheating! 
- TRS Recovery Services - fraud
- TRS Recovery Services - collections
- TRS Recovery Services - fraudulent debt collections
- TRS Recovery Services - cancelled amazon order
- TRS Recovery Services - check fraud