Tropisch German Shepherds / My dog has hip dysplasia

1 Sarasota, FL, United States Review updated:

In December 2014, I purchased a german shepherd puppy from Tropisch German Shepherds. When my puppy was 8 months, he started limping and it continued for a few days so I brought him to my vet. The vet gave him anti-inflammatory pills and the limping went away after a few days. The limping came back about a month later and again, I went to my vet and she gave him anti-inflammatory pills and the limping went away after a few days. My vet told me that if the limping came back a third time, we would have to do an x-ray. The limping came back and about 2 months ago, my dog had the x-ray which revealed the beginning stages of hip dysplasia, panosteitis and arthritis. My vet told me these conditions are progressive and there is nothing I can do to prevent it. I am devastated and disgusted with this breeder. She is young, inexperienced and obviously doesn't care that she is breeding dogs with health problems and selling the puppies to people just for the money. I love my puppy and I am going to give him the best life I can possibly give him, but people need to know that Tropisch German Shepherds is dirty and they breed dogs with health problems. Please stay away from this breeder.

Re
Jan 5, 2016

More Tropisch German Shepherds Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Rv
      21st of Jan, 2016

I had the same situation from this breeder but my pup had elbow dysplasia two pups from same breeder two different sets of parents with same medical issues

8th of Mar, 2016

I have emails showing this consumer was extremely rude to me from the get go!! I also have proof that I sure did honor my contract and proof where this buyer breached my contract more than once and did not even spay the first female like she was legally supposed to. I sent her a replacement puppy anyway. The first pup they waited months to even tell me the puppy was limping?! Why? Why would you wait months and not let me know that day she arrived if she was limping? Even if you thought it was just from the flight? Also this person Met the puppy in person before she purchased her!!! There was no limping and no issues and she chose to purchase her. I have plenty of proof to back up my claims that I honor my contract and stand behind my dogs. This is one of the only people I've sold to that was so extremely nasty to me. I am fed up with this person claiming I do not honor my contracts!! This is a complete lie. If people want the real truth feel free to actually contact me and find out. German shepherds are known for hip and elbow dysplasia and I have no control over nature, however I do the necessary testing to try to avoid these issues. I have OFA or SV or Czech certifications on almost all my dogs and I will gladly show those as well. Now the first parents pup I did not breed the father ever again he was neutered and that was a one and only breeding between that pair as the mother had been bred with no issues before

8th of Mar, 2016

My reply was to the customer in the comments

8th of Mar, 2016

As for the original poster I'm not sure who you are but why didn't you contact me? And if you did I must not have heard back? How am I dirty? German shepherds are know for these issues and I certify my breeding dogs? So I'm confused as to how I could have prevented this and why you didn't contact me? The only person that contacted me and we worked on the guarantee was the person in the comments. So before you write a nasty review on me maybe you should give me a chance to help. But seeing as how that's no longer an option I'm very disappointed. i at a loss for words on why you wrote this honestly and why you are so harsh as to call me "dirty"?!

8th of Mar, 2016

Here are certifications of the parents I believe this pup is from

Cert

Cert6

Cert7

• Br
      9th of Mar, 2016

Lady, I don't know who you are or why you make such rude statements to TROPISCH. I know many things for FACT, I have seen your messages towards them. I have listened to calls. You are utterly rude towards TROPISCH. She honored her agreement with you to a T. Followed her contract by the letter except for the last part. Maybe you failed to read the part about you have to follow it as well or it could hit the court room. She has not done this to you. You have yet to show proof of the pups Spay/neuter. along with many things that makes you an ungrateful person.

What I do know is this. I traveled to Louisiana for the um umtenth time two weeks ago to pick up yet another german shepherd pup from TROPISCH. I drove a total of 3000 miles. Along the way she answered every single question I had. Made sure to let me have my pick of the pups. And did everything in her power to show me everyour aspect of her kennel as possible. I have seen many and miss TROPISCH'S is by far the nicest. Most well kept and cleanest. By far ranks in my top 3. On previous occasions of my getting pups from her, never once has ANY pup been diagnosed with any health issues INCLUDING DYSPLASIA in hips or elbows. Although this may be because I maintain a proper regimen for my dogs.

Please make sure to do your homework on GS before quoting that it's all on her. Yes Dysplasia IS COMMON in GS and is in most cases hereditary. But it can also be caused by poor treatment to the health of the animal. Improper food, Improper housing. Not allowing them to run. Improper training. Even the stress on the animal can all lead to the diagnosis of Dysplasia. You can continue to talk bad about one of the most loving people to her animals or you can stop. I will be there every step of the way to explain exactly what happened and that I honestly don't feel you were or are now able to maintain the perfect health of these amazing animals.

Brian Burnett
    sbbearcats@yahoo.com

• St
      31st of Mar, 2016

I do not know any of the parties involved, but somehow stumbled across this bashing of Tropisch German shepherds. As a German shepherd lover and one who lives and breaths the breed, I just want to add a few points for people to ponder. First off, if the vet diagnosed the pup at 8 months as "starting to get" hip dysplasia, were the films sent off to OFA to have them actually evaluated by a professional to be graded and see if he really had it? One vet may say "oh it looks like it", but "professional" eyes may say something else! Also I noticed the pup also had "Pano". Pano is ONLY something that pups get that are GROWING TOO FAST AND ARE TOO LARGE! Every pup that gets Pano is told to CUT BACK on food intake! Which that is ALSO another thing "they" (professionals) tell us about Hip Dysplasia - keep the dogs on the thin side, or do NOT let them get overweight! All this leads me to believe you were OVERFEEDING your puppy - which that alone would raise RED FLAGS for ANY breeder, and would cause the most contracts to be NULL and VOID! EVERYONE knows ENVIRONMENT is a key issue in hips and elbows, ESPECIALLY if the parents are both OFA certified! Seems like you are just looking for someone to pick on and take advantage of. I rest my case.