Tropical Lenders / Fraud and scam

Tropical Lenders is a fake company. The people I spoke to are Robert Davis and David Rogers. I called many places in Kingston, Jamaica like the Business & Revenue Departments and they told me no such company exist. The scam is this: They tell you that you have been approved for a loan. In order to receive your loan you must send them insurance money. Once you send them your insurance money via western union they tell you that the lender changed their mind after another review of your credit report. However they promise to continue to look for a lender to approve your loan. This takes weeks. Then they call saying they found a lender, but you need to send additional funds. I told them I have no more funds to send. Then they call me to tell me they found another lender that has approved my loan with the amount I originally sent. Robert Davis then tells me he is sending it western union. You guess it I never received the funds. So i call him back and he tells me that the revenue department needs me to pay a fee to release the funds. Luckily I had already spoken to the revenue department and they told me they have no record for this company and not to send them any more money. Since I now know it is a scam, I have been requesting for my money back. They told me they will process my refund which can take a couple of weeks. Well I told them I can't wait that long and that I will file a police report here in America and Jamaica. Also, luckly for me I used my bank card to send the money western union and I will file a claim with my bank also. Please be aware of this scam. It is happening a lot from many different companies here in the states and overseas. I will also try to remove there web page since it is use for fradulant activities.

Va

Comments

2nd of Apr, 2009

I agree with Vanessa, Tropical lenders is a total fake. I had to send $576 for insurance then another $500 for additional insurance. Now they want another$500 for the revenue Dept. What kind of BS is this. Lets get together and file a class action suit.
    John
    ltgib41@comcast.net

• Su
      31st of May, 2009

I would like to know how to file a police report in Jamaica against Tropical Lenders. I sent money Western Union, which was a big mistake and I called Mr . Davis to get my funds back but only got his voice mail as always and I have not heard back from him since. I would love to go there and choke him personally. They are crooks and should all be put in jail.

• Bl
      31st of May, 2009

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but once you send money through western union, its gone forever. Your bank is not going to return it to you, under any circumstances. Western Union is not going to return it, either.
    And of course, the police aren't every going to find this person except by sheer luck. They don't have the resources to track them down for you, either.

File your report, but don't expect anything at all to come of it in the end. Do not have false hope.

• Ka
      15th of Jul, 2009

I am sorry to hear about your story, I was ripped off too, so sad these people are beasts
    Luckily i got an email for the British Embassy telling me they were paying the first 150 victims of scams first come basis and after i applied i was awarded money. You may try to contact the Embassy britishhighcommission@ukhome.net and tell them your story. They could award you a compensation

Goodluck

Regards
    Kamini

• Su
      21st of Jul, 2009

Hi Kamini,
    Thanks so very much for the information. I am sening an email right now. I learned a very hard lesson, losing this money had really hurt.
    Susan Camparo

• Dw
      14th of Apr, 2013

it looks like they are at it again, They offered me a $25000 loan, i went to transfer $20000 to my local bank but needed "cost of transfer of 850GBP". The good news is i am not sending this at all... when ever a "lending company" asks for transfer fees and is not willing to take it out of the loan amount that is a red flag to me. i am including extracted names and ip addresses. tropicaonlineacces@bellsouth.net Elle tropica 93.114.43.204 is a cyberghost Its anonymization services give you complete privacy when surfing, downloading, and sharing files on the Internet. so when a loan company uses this it is another indication it is a scammer.