Tropical Grand Vacations / Holiday Offer

Phone: 1800638753

I also received a phone call congratulating me on winning a holiday for 14 days consisting of stay overs in Orlando and Florida. The offer was to good to refuse as my son had just recently moved to america it would have been nice to visit him. My credit card details were given the money was taken and that has been the last I have heard from it. This was two months ago.

Comments

1st of Jul, 2008

I had a gushing call from Tropical Grand Vacations that I am the only person who has won a 11 night holiday in the USA. I knew there was a catch. The deal sounded too good to be true, I submitted my credit card and they confirmed to me if I wish to change my mind that I had 30 days to do this upon receipt of their promised package. I was on the phone with them for over an hour and felt at the time it was genuine. I asked them to email me, I asked them if they are members of ABTA. I was duly conned. I called them that I longer wish to go to the USA due to our current climate and demanded my money back. No such luck. I wrote them a letter via DHL to cancel, no acknowledgement. The rudeness on the phone was simply abrupt. No receipts were given of payment. I am now out of pocket. I would like my money back. Furthermore I asked for a receipt of payment. Nothing. Action needs to done at this stage as they must be out of business.

• Je
      1st of Jul, 2008

i was also rung today being told the same thing exactly as previous complaint.I looked them up on the internet and got this site telling me of the scam. I rang my credit card company to cancel my card and not to send a payment to this firm.I had given my details before i realised it was a scam.They are very convincing and need stopping now

• Am
      4th of Jul, 2008

ive just had them call me and pushing for a sale when i said no i needed to think about it they put the phone down...

• Mi
      7th of Jul, 2008

I have also been had with this phone call and past on my credit card details, received no e-mail and no info. Rang them this evening and was given an address to send my cancelation letter. We will see what happens.

• Am
      9th of Jul, 2008

what should we do about this

• Ke
      10th of Jul, 2008

my friend just got a big envelope with all the advertising & offers
    like what you are all talking about (we are in australia). fortunately she was sus on it for a start & is passing in on to the
    authorities. i hope no one else gets conned...

• Da
      11th of Jul, 2008

these people are out for peoples money! I have just received a phonecall telling me I had won a holiday and to press 9 for more details on how to claim my prize, the first person I spoke to was polite and gave me all the details of the holiday, but then she put me through to a "supervisor" and I use that term loosley because he became very rude after I declined the offer of an 80% discount which made the total amount of a supposedly free holiday prize to £449 !!! He tried to get my credit card details and I refused and he then started to become agitated and rude, apart from the fact that I can't afford to pay for airline tickets, how is this a prize if I have to pay for it!!???? Do not give credit card details to anyone who is not familliar to you and even then be careful at all times if you do!

• Te
      11th of Jul, 2008

My husband was contacted this morning, would not make a decision until he had spoken to me. Soon as I heard the lady on the phone with the spiel about winning a holiday to Florida I felt that it was some sort of con. Told her I was busy and it was not convenient, and hung up while she was still talking. I seem to remember having a similar phone call some months back.
    As the previous mailer, how come one has to pay for a free holiday?

• Li
      11th of Jul, 2008

I agree fully with Terri. Have just received a similar call telling me I had won a free trip to Florida; not free at all as I would have had to pay my flights. Luckily I was not convinced by the supervisor and so have not suffered the fate of others. It is true that you never get something for nothing.

• Vi
      14th of Jul, 2008

These guys are complete fake's, thankyou so much this website has just saved me a bunch of money! I was looking though all the comments whilst on the phone to them, and they had nearly secured a deal with me. After reading some of the comments I advised them I wanted an email before I give them payment and they hung up on me! Be warned these are complete scam artists, I am still laughing that they put the phone down when basically I told them I'd sussed them out! DO NOT FALL FOR THIS SCAM! REMEMBER THE GOOD OLD SAYING, NOTHING IN LIFE IS FREE! and therefore this offer is to good to be true!

• Da
      15th of Jul, 2008

I also had a call with the same nature as what is being spoken about above they asked me my name i told them my name then they told me i had won a holiday in florida my instant reply was how can i have won a holiday if you had to ask my name they got agitated badgering me for my credit card details i told them to get lost and they hung up the phone their scam is very convincing and i do feel for those who got coned i hope these fraudsters get exposed before more people get coned.

• Pe
      21st of Jul, 2008

I am in London and I just received a similiar call for a free vacation to Florida. Press 9 for more info bla bla bl. They asked for £250 which is outrageous for something offered free.

he directed me to their so called 'tropical grand vacation' website. i told him. oh no worries! i've found it on google.

he kind of panicked and said 'no no madam, don't use google. that's a different company'

i suppose his paranoa is founded as he knew i would probably stumble upon this forum.

i told the guy on the phone that i am not buying anything today and if we can end the conversation there and then.

he rudely hung up on me.

i think we need to make sure something is done against such dishonesty!!!

their 'webpage' - http://www.tropicalgrandvacations.info/uk

RUBBISH!

• Le
      22nd of Jul, 2008

Total set of ### !

They hang on the phone for ages and let me check them out with the better business bureau based in Florida.

The BBB say there have been no complaints, but the BBB doesn't endorse companies.

This doesn't mean a thing to say Tropical grand vacations are with the BBB, they are not regulated and can take your money and have no come back.

What a load of #unts. Robbing people who want a cheap holiday, people who may have very little money and think this is a holiday of a life time.

If it sounds "TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE ", that because

IT IS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE!!!

Never give out credit card detail to anyone full stop !

• He
      22nd of Jul, 2008
    Tropical Grand Vacations - Wanting my card details

I received a call Congratulating me on receiving the Florida Holiday they gave me the full details of the Hotel and the area of Orlando and the length of Holiday 5 days - also highlighting the 8O% discount the holiday was offered to be booked within a period of I8months - I was transferred to another caller and he was asking for my card details - I said NO! because I'm I not ready to book the holiday as I'm not sure of how many of us are coming & for how long - HE PUT THE PHONE DOWN!!!

• St
      24th of Jul, 2008

i have also been conned with these ### they are very convincing i have never fallen for this sort of thing before and usually tell them to go away but these were different they hooked me line and sinker they told me about all the free rides i would have in orlando when i told them i was disabled they went on to tell me of all the disabled facilitys they have took all the little money i had and i don, t think i will see it again will somebody out there stop these thieves they have now made my life a misery and feel like topping myself i don, t know how these people sleep at night

25th of Jul, 2008

DON'T BELIEVE THIS - IT'S A SHAM
    I had a phone call today from Tropical Grand Vacations offering me a free holiday in Florida, they are incredibly convincing, I have also never fallen for this sort of thing and remained suspicious through the call but was almost convinced. The first person I spoke to was very polite, she put me through to the supervisor who was even more polite. I asked if I was being charged for the call, they said they were dealing with million pound resorts who could afford to pay for the calls!! They told me that I would have to pay £249 per person for two people then any persons thereafter would be free! However this didn't include flights but they have managed to get 80% discount on flights for customers. They offered to wait on the line while I contacted my Husband on his cell phone, I told them I could not get hold of him, they then offered for me to pay only £249 for myself and he could pay when we got the courier pack through with all the details and guarantee. I just couldn't bring myself to think that this was genuine and said that as I cannot call them back and they want me to pay money over immediately, I was not interested. She pushed it then further saying she doesn't want me to miss out on such a lifetime opportunity!! I DID NOT pay over any money and she said 'have a nice day' and put the phone down. I must admit I came off the phone wondering if I had missed out on a lifetime opportunity so checked out their website which does look convincing but then I found this website and realised that it was a complete SCAM!!! PLEASE DON'T BE TAKEN IN BY THIS.

• Si
      25th of Jul, 2008

About 8 days ago my wife and I were contacted by these terrible people, as most have commented the offer was really to good to refuse and they sounded for real. So we gave our credit card details, its only after looking at this page of complaints did we straight away inform our bank. The put a stop on the card saying that they could not stop the first transaction going through but would any further attempts. The cheeky buggers from this bogus holiday company tried to take money out on 2 attempts the same day, they were able to take one amount out but not the other. After talking to our card issuer and explained all they said they would not hold us responsible on this occation. The bank has also cancelled the card and only today we received a replacement. If it was permitted here I would give graffic details on what should be done to these people who try to con so many people. WE have an expression God see's all!! I hope these people rot in hell

29th of Jul, 2008

Well I've got to say this ...

I got a call same details as above earlier today, and it dose sound too good to be true and I'm glad that i found this web page as i googled them instead of entering the web address that the guy gave me on the phone.

This lead me to politely say can i think about it and do you need / wont payment for this £249 pp at the end of the conversation, I even told him that oh by the way Ive just found a complaints page for this offer, His response was well if you Google Walt Disney or and large company you will find people who aren't happy . He shortly hung up on me when i said thank-you for informing me of this offer but ill need to think about it, lets hope he was telling the truth about the Call charges...

• Be
      2nd of Aug, 2008

tropical grand vacations telephoned me out of the blue and gave me a very convincing story about how I could have a wonderful holiday for a great price in florida. whilst I was interested I didn't give them permission to debit my card but I did give them my card details. They took the payment immediately and I have not received any details from them.

• Ka
      2nd of Aug, 2008

Robbing ###. Lucky enough i gave them false digits on my card and then cancelled it at bank. First class ### though it was my lucky night won a tenner on the lottery and then the phone call con con beware, but by the time most read this they have already been conned.