Tristar Vacuum / predatory sales practice

1 Englewood, CO, United States Review updated:

Predatory sales person coerced my elderly mother (78 yrs old) into purchasing this over priced monstrosity for over $1500. She cannot afford it on her Social Security. She lives in subsidized housing for crissakes and how they ever got her financed shows that there are predatory lending practices at play here with Bay Finance. This whole thing stinks to high heaven. These are the same predatory lenders and practices that we are bailing out. All the while my mother is an unwitting victim as are we all. ###!!!

Comments

• Hy
      17th of Mar, 2010

4 years ago, we received a phone call asking us to sit through a demo of a "home cleaning product", we were told that it would take 10 minutes, and we'd receive a free 3 day vacation.
    The next day a young man showed up with a huge cardboard box. It took him 10 minutes just to get everything out of it, then another 5 minutes to put it all together. He said it was a tristar vacuum. He proceeded to suck up some sand from a container, then asked if our current vacuum was as good as the tristar, I told him yes, and said that I wanted to show him a demo of my own.
    The BEST way to test any vacuum, is to hook it up to another vacuum (hose to hose), and turn both on, and see which one stops first.
    I pulled out our Dyson, and hooked the hose up to the hose of the tristar, and turned both on. It took about 2 minutes for the tristar's motor to burn up. I have done the same thing to rainbow's, filterqueen's, hoovers, dirt devils, and I have always had the same results.
    The tristar ($3000 + for a new one). Is too big, too complex, and has too many pieces to justify being bought, just like any rainbow, electrolux, or filterqueen vacuum's.
    Dyson is the way to go, I've sprayed paint stripper on my walls, and then used my dyson to suck the old paint off after 10 minutes time.

• Ha
      22nd of Sep, 2011

That's ###. The tristar motor has a thermal switch if it gets too hot it will shut off. Try again.

• Pn
      22nd of Sep, 2011

thats complete ### there is a thermal switch on the motor of the tristar where if it gets too hot it will shut down. try again

• Mg
      29th of Oct, 2011

you say Dyson is the way to go?... Did you know that Dyson is first made in Germany. second that before Dyson came out he had another vacuum called phantom that when people tried to get fixed or do the warranty on it, he filed bankruptcy. The whole point is the man who invented the dyson had 3 different vacuums that the company so called invented and he always filed bankruptcy. Just like any vacuum it still clogs and still blows dust. I hope anybody that uses a dyson or is thinking about getting one, should just buy the cheapest vacuum called bissel powerforce it will pick up the same 50% of the dirt like the Dyson. You settle for the get buy all the time but understand the good will always be better in the long run! Good luck on your many vacuums your gonna buy in a life time!