Tristar Vacuum Cleaners / something is very wrong with this!

Yesterday, a car drove into my neighbor's driveway about 3:00 PM. Two men went to the door. At about 8:00 PM they left. My neighbor usually retires for the evening around that time, if not earlier. At a few minutes before 9:00 PM, a young man (no car) walks up to my door and rings the bell. Amidst ferocious barking by my dogs (they know it's too late for people to walk up to your door). I asked through the jalousy door, "It's 9:00 PM, whatever you're selling, I'm not interested in it." He then responds in an arrogant manner, "How do you know you're not interested?" I responded," It is inappropriate for anyone to be walking up to people's doors this late at night. I'm not interested, good-by." A few minutes later, he was still standing on my front porch. I walked back to the door and announced," I would appreciate it if you would leave." He mumbled something, and then I said "Get off my property." I had to repeat myself, and then added, "If you don't I'll call the police." He said, "Have a blessed day", and left.

Shortly after that, the car drove back into my neighbor's driveway. I could see from my window that one of the men in the car was the salesman who came to my door. I immediately called my neighbor and there was no answer on the telephone. It was now almost 10:00PM. I assumed my neighbor was asleep, as he usually is by 8:00 PM. The car just sat in the driveway. As I started to call the police, I saw my neighbor come out of his house and speak with the two men. They left. I asked my neighbor about them, and he explained they were from Tri Star Vaccumn. Something is very wrong with this.

Gr

Comments

• De
      28th of Sep, 2007

VERY SCARY! GOOD THING YOU DID NOT LET THE PUSHY, OBNOXIOUS, OVERLY PRESSURED SCAM ARTIST IN YOUR HOUSE! HOPE YOUR NEIGHBOR DID'NT BUY ONE. BECAUSE MY HUSBAND AND I DID. WE ARE VERY FREINDLY PEOPLE AND ALWAYS WILLING TO HELP OUT. UNFORTUNNATELY WE WERE GREATLY SCAMMED AND FEEL REAL STUPID. WE ARE NOW PAYING $3000.00 FOR A VACUMN CLEANER THAT DOES NOT FUNCTION AS PRESENTED. IT CLEANS THE CARPET , BUT CAN BARELY PICK UP A HAIR OFF THE BARE FLOORS, EVERY TIME I PULL IT AROUND A CORNER IT FALLS OVER, THE TOOL HOLDER DOES NOT HOLD ALL OF THE TOOLS , YOU HAVE TO CARRY THEM AROUND IN YOUR POCKET. THE BAG CANNOT HOLD VERY MUCH DIRT WITHOUT THE SUCTION LOSING POWER, I COULD GO ON AND ON. OUR EXPERIENCE WITH THE PRESENTATION IS DUPLICATE OF EVERY ONE ELSE THAT GOT SCAMMED. BESIDES THE 80.00 WE PAY PER MONTH I STILL NEED TO PUCHASE ANOTHER VACUMN CLEANER THAT REALLY DOES WORK LIKE THE KENMORE I TRADED THAT WAS DOING A FINE JOB CLEANING! AND MY ALLERGIES ARE JUST THE SAME! ANY ONE OUT THERE KNOW HOW TO GET OUT OF A LOAN THAT YOU DO NOT WANT? SHAME ON US FOR TRYING TO HELP THE VERY NICE FREINDLY SALESMAN OUT, I SHOULD HAVE STUCK TO THE TEN TIMES I SAID NO! THERE SHOULD BE A LAW TO PUT THESE PEOPLE AND THERE SO CALLED COMPANYS AWAY. IF THEY WERE ABLE TO DO THIS TO MY HUSBAND ME, WHOM ARE EDUCATED HARD WORKING AMERICAN CITIZENS, I SHUTTER TO THINK HOW MANY ELDERLY AND FORIEIGN PEOPLE HERE IN OUR COUNTRY HAVE BEEN TAKEN ADVANTAGE OF. THIS IS AN OUTRAGEOUS SCAM ON UNSUSPECTING PEOPLE! CAN'T ANYTHING BE DONE?!

STUPID, STUPID, STUPID!!!
    BRADENTON, FL

• Sc
      14th of Jan, 2008

I'm glad that I'm not alone. We were scammed into buying the same piece of crap for $2600.00. I guess they ripped you a litlle worse. What's even better is that if you add in the finance charges (assuming you don't pay it off early) you could be paying up to $5000.00 for it! What a rip! I am working on a way to get out of this but I have a feeling that it is a waste of time. I have tried contacting the company in Tampa where the salesman was supposedly from but they can't even find my contract. If anyone has had any luck returning this piece of crap please let me know!

• Do
      11th of Apr, 2008

I had a call from this gal saying they would shampoo one carpet. I said, I am not interested in buying anything right now. She said, thats ok as the fellow is compensated. So, this young man shows up and seems nice..but wants to start showing me the home filter system machine...then on to the vacumn and showed how it worked etc. I told him I just want to have you shampoo the carpet. He did a section in the middle of the room and then would stop and ask me how I liked it and would I buy it at a good price today.
    I told him I do not buy on the spot...I like the way the shampoo machines worked...but, am not ready to buy as i need to go on line and check out this machine. I don't know you or your machine and how it compares to others. He said, a rude remark and then tried to change it...I told him that there are people out there that can't say no and thats who you sell to. Sales is sales and thats how you make your money.
    I have a kirby that I have had a long time..but I have a hoover that I like a lot and does what I want.
    He kept up the pressure and said, he would give me $700 for the kirby..so...by the time he left he was selling me the vacumn, pluse the filter for $1500 and said it was only good till nine tonight. he he
    He said, in a rude voice enjoy your free shampoo. I told him to take his things and get out as I didnt like his attitude. I said, you not getting your way to you can act rude. We have 65percent seniors in our town. It would be easy to con some of them. I told him I belong to the red hats and I will tell all 200 of them how rude and pushy you are. He didn't like that and tried to be nice. I have had to fight for all I have...widow at an early age with seven children to raise...I had to be thirfty and not be taken advantage of. I guess it comes down to...just say no. I am a senior lady.
    I am glad I looked up this vacumn on line...now I know not to buy.

• Am
      6th of May, 2008

I need to ask anyone that has bought a tri star vacum? Did they say that it was made from the company electrolux? I'm investigating somethings because the other day the man brought me a dirty clearner that was a electrolux and than the same day said o i brought u the wrong clearner and gave me the same exact cleaning system but this time it said tri star...please email me because i need to get to the body of this...the only reason i bought the vac is because i know how good the electrolux company is...let me know please!

• Ra
      12th of Aug, 2008

I'm very sorry that all of you have had a very negative expericence with The Tristar Cleaning System. As a former distributor for the company and am considering being a distributor again, I can only say that The Tristar machine is an excellent quality unit and cleans better than 99 percent of vacs on the market. THE PROBLEM IS THE SALES ORGANIZATION AND MANAGEMENT OF THE LOCAL DISTRIBUSHIP!!!

First of all, sales people should not be knocking on doors at 9 pm. They also should treat their potential customers just as
    they would treat their own grandmother. I believe in treating everyone with respect and diginity.

The Tristar system is owned and manufactured by the same person that owns Electrolux in Bristol Va. Both the Electrolux and Tristar systems are manufacture under the same roof. The Tristar shampooer is the same as Electrolux's but with a different name.

Every home that you drive by hopefully owns some type of vac or cleaning system. One out of seven homes will buy a vac this year whether they see one demoed or buy from a store.

In my Opinion, Tristar ranks up to effeciency, quality, and ease of use as a Rainbow cleaning system. The biggest problem is that distributors utilize techniques like "BANGING" on doors and poor people skills to marketing an EXCELLENT PRODUCT!!

NOT ALL OF US USE THESE SAME METHODS OF SALES AND WE, FOR THE MOST PART, HAVE EXCELLENT RAPOR WITH OUR EXISTING AND FUTURE CUSTOMERS.

RAY S.
    ASHEBORO, NORTH CAROLINA

t

• Ti
      4th of Nov, 2008

I have a TriStar and PurStar and I love them. This addition to my cleaning family is my favorite. Did you know that vacuums are not healthy for you? Do you know there are dustmites that you breath in which is a trigger of allergies, asthma attacks, bronchitis, and various other harmful health issues? Would you go outside throw your steak around in the dirst and then eat it or drink water from a mud puddle? Then why would you breath in all of this? Ever heard of Black Mold? It's fatal. You may pay a high price for this TriStar but think of how much money you save in the long run by not having to purchase a new vacuum every year or so. No more bags and ridiculous filters, sending it away for repairs, eating your carpet, it doesn't even work properly. It sucks up the dust and spits back out, unlike the Tristar. TriStar is also a healthy decision, Ask your doctor about it, overall he/she is the one you trust with you life. Did you know that 72% less rick of SIDS by using PurStar? Have you read the back of Oust or Glade Sprays? Harmful, do not inhale. That is water weight and you will breathe it in and it's so harmful that it could cause cancer. You buy this TriStar and you will never have to buy another "vacuum" again. It's guarenteed for life and the PurStar has a True Hepa Filter (Yes theres a difference between hepa and true hepa) which filters carbon dioxide, dustmites, pet dander, any odors, etc. I love my TriStar and I will stand up for it. I do apologize that you recieved poor customer service, do not blame the company nor the product for such rude representation. Enjoy your TriStar.

6th of Feb, 2009

Contact your state's attorney general office - each one has a department for consumer protection. They jump on these things very fat0 do not try to handle it on your own. Many people have already filed complaints before you that you are not aware of. In our tight economy- everyone has a scam. Be careful, some if these people have criminal backgrounds and you can be at risk.
    Rule of thumb- if it sounds too good to be true it probably isn't.
    I had an issue I fought with AOL- my attorney general office got me a 3 year refund in less than 2 weeks. Something I fought for 3 years.

• Tw
      2nd of Apr, 2009

I bought My Tri star. I love it!!! I have 5 animals. It keeps up with all of them. I will never have to buy another Vac again. I have had to buy one every two years. So Let me tell you, this is worth it. I no longer smell dog.

My salesman was wonderful. I have been to the store in Tampa. They are very nice people. So I don't understand why that person couldn't get in touch with them.
    I don't believe in Bad salesmen. And its a shame because this is a wonderful product and to me, worth every penny of 2600. free Cleaning service for 25 years. 1 time a year. Who offers that?

I love my Tristar.

• Mj
      9th of Mar, 2010

I also was scammed by these people coming to the house would not take no for an answer, told a bunch of lies now we are stuck with a machine that is way to expensive for the amount of money this product is selling for it should pick up everything as they say it will, well wood floors it is terrible spits out the dirt on your legs I actually invited them to my home to vacumn on the wood floor that was months ago and still no reply from them because they know it doesn't work very well, its all LIES and when we figure that out that is it they will avoid you and LIE LIE LIE through there teeth I can only hope that this happens to these people one day and then mabey they will realize what they did worse I hope they get thrown in jail and no one cares to listen to them or help them. We were told that our credit score would go up this is what people look for (we were trying to buy house now that is off ) this will help us get the house we were looking for, well don't BELIEVE them its all a big fat lie, our credit score went down and now we are stuck wondering what we are going to do and where we are going to live when we have to leave this place. There are BAD SALESMEN all over who ever believes there are no bad ones must be one themselves. Never ever listen to one of these salesmen or you will wish that you didn't. I wish I never herd of this company and I see alot of others are feeling the same way. THE WORST VACUUM THAT I EVER USED DO NOT BELIEVE THEM DON'T LISTEN.

• Bo
      25th of Feb, 2013

Hello, I used to sell the Tris Star cleaning system and even own one myself. I have never seen a better system. Let me tell you why. I was selling them to make some extra money, learned the demonstration and thought it was good and went on with it. I sold quite a few to people who owned Kirbys, Rainbows, store bought machines etc. And every home I went into I got a lot of dirt out of the carpeting, which impressed people and they sold. But let me tell you what convinced me more than anything that I was selling the best American made product out there. I went into a home of someone who allready owned a Tri Star, and I got very very little to no dirt out of their carpet. They told me they had their Tri Star for almost 20 years. I was amazed that it really kept their carpets that clean, almost new looking. I asked how long they had the carpet, they told me they had their current carpet for almost 10 years. So now I was impressed, well they did trade in the old one for a new one and were happy with it. Now let me tell you something I bet you did not pay attention to if you have ever seen a Kirby demo. First let me tell you that a Kirby is a bag vacuum and like any other bag vacuum, air is forced through the dirt in the bag and that is why they lose power. When a Kirby is demonstrated, they...get this...take the WHOLE bag off of the unit and put on that little attachment to put those test cloths into. Now with that you have the constant air flow to impress you with picking up dirt. So you buy it, with the bag on, use it, bag will clog and you have ess power and suction. Run it for a year or so, let a well mannered, Tri Star salesmen come in, if he or she gets as much dirt out of your carpet then, well now you know how well a Kirby works, or rather doesn't. And also when a Tri Star is demonstrated, unlike Kirby, they do not alter the machine or anything, just works as it is. Well I hope my personal experiences helps anyone to make a decision one way or another. Good luck with anything you purchase. One more thing, if you are presented with a price of more than $1, 000 for a Tri Star, haggle it down, they will go that low, ya just gotta work it. :)