tristan yatchs / Possible fraud with employment offer

United States Review updated:
Be weary of an employment offer from Tristan Yatchs.. Their story does not check out..
They offer you 3000.00 a month to work from home as a service manager... I followed thru on google and on some of their press articles.. (It did not check out..) As much as they tried building a blog and some press releases, , , their story does not add up... This is a scam to get you to give out your banking info and they wipe you clean... be very very very careful.. Do not accept any offers..
They approach you from legitimate sites like career builder.com... But they are a fraud...
A copy of their email is pasted below..

Customer Service Manager
Dear Diego:

Thank you for your interest in the position of a customer cervice manager with Tristan Yachts. Tristan Yachts is a fast developing Czech company, which was launched in 2006 as a branch office of the Bavaria Yachts company. Since 2008 we have become an independent company, today we have our own engineers and technicians, as well as a separate department of professional designers. We have been on a dynamic and rapidly developing boating market for over 3 years; more than 50 professionals are currently working with us in Europe. This summer we are planning to expand to the US market, and that is why we are looking for new members of our team.

Please note that this is an official job proposal, and neither Tristan Yachts, nor Bavaria Yachts ever require any startup fees or initial payments from candidates!

As a customer service manager, you are not supposed to promote or sell any of our products; neither you will be responsible for searching new customers. Basic responsibilities for this position include the following:

- Providing a full cycle of support for our new customers from USA;
- Resolving client inquiries and issues in a timely manner;
- Assisting in processing customer downpayments;
- Maintaining customer files, tracking the history of orders.

This is a remote full-time position, therefore you will be working from home, Monday through Friday, 9 am to 4 pm (according to your time zone). No travel or relocation is required for this position. Though no special training is provided for this position, during your first month, you will be working under the guidance of your supervisor, who will help you develop all necessary working skills. Your typical working day will look like the following:

1. Logging into your weboffice account, reviewing new assignments.
2. Obtaining current news and updates from a project manager.
3. Processing daily assignments according to the timetable.
4. Contacting customers, presenting them news and updates on their orders.
5. Filling in the daily time-table, reporting daily activities.

This position is salary-based, a fixed monthly salary is $3, 000; it is paid during the first week of each month. Please note that this is a 1099 position, you will be considered as an independent contractor working for Tristan Yachts. Along with the base salary, we offer a flexible bonus system based on individual performance: bonuses are paid instantly for each new project you take for support. Usually customer service managers supporting multiple projects have an opportunity to double their monthly income by the end of their first year.

You can find additional information about Tristan Yachts at our website or forward your questions to our HR manager. Please reply to this message, in order to receive an application and arrange a time for a phone interview.

HR Department of Tristan Yachts
Phone: [protected]

You are receiving this employment opportunity email because you uploaded your resume on CareerBuilder. This email is used for hiring process only to prevent the company from spam messages.
If your employment status has changed or you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can update your privacy and communication preferences from your resume by logging onto CareerBuilder.com:

Or you can Block this employer from viewing your resume and sending you candidate emails.

This email was sent from Account ID ATXDDDKLLUP6JBYQ6BX and by this logged in User UZIJUB72OVT1M5611KJ
The content of this email has been reviewed and approved by CareerBuilder. This email is intended for the use of the individual address named above and may contain information that is confidential, privileged or unsuitable for overly sensitive persons with low self-esteem, no sense of humour or irrational religious beliefs. If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination, distribution or copying of this email is not authorised and constitutes an irritating social faux pas.

A  1st of Jul, 2009 by
Not only are they a fraud, but careerbuilder should do better due diligence on "employers" advertising openings on their site. The site is flooded with these scams and with "recruiters" that apparently don't know much about recruiting. They should not allow any postings they do not verify by calling the company itself. Hey! that would probably create another few thousand jobs right there!!
A  8th of Jul, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I agree that Careerbuilder is the Liable, it is there site and they are stating it isn't there problem to control fraud. I guess it is buyer beware at Careerbuilder. I will never use Careerbuiulder again and I will tell anyone I know to not use them also.
N  14th of Jul, 2009 by
Diego/Mark/RDiaz- did you guys PERSONALLY lose money to this scam?? How long did it take/what actually happened??
A  16th of Jul, 2009 by
I just received the offer in my email and it looked just like the one that was posted. THANK YOU.
A  17th of Jul, 2009 by
I received the same email so I had a friend apply for the job through the tristan website, guess what, they offered him the same job as well! Thanks for the heads up
A  22nd of Jul, 2009 by
Your position at Tristan Yachts involve depositing fradulant checks into your personal bank account and then Ann Oliver demands you to wire the money to Ukraine. I found out this the hard way.
A  31st of Jul, 2009 by
I am so very glad my posting has assisted all of you... I did not loose any money to this scam... It smelled funny to me from the start... I must say thoght, they are pretty good at being crooks...
Unfortunatly, just like Tristan Yachts, there are hundreds of other similar scams out there...
It's a sad World or man eat man...