Triratna Buddhist Community Triratna Controversy FWBO Files / heterosexual discrimination, abuse of whistleblowers, buddhist cult. speaking ill of people behind their back, cult behaviour,

1 United Kingdom

The Triratna Buddhist Community are complained about for heterosexual discrimination, interference in one's personal relationship choices, illegal employment conditions in their Right Livelihood businesses as well as bad mouthing those who have legitimate complaints.There is proof of that bad-mouthing.

I was a consumer of the meditation classes and retreats offered by the Triratna Buddhist Communtiy (previously known as the FWBO) for around 4 years, attending some 15+ retreats, and attending meditation classes often. I also worked in one of their Evolution shops designed to raise money for the movement and the Buddhist Centres.

They tried mistreating me and bad mouthing me because I left their cult to explore heterosexual relationships. Ever since I made a complaint about that, despite the movement at the time having high praise for me, it instead began to lie about me, bad-mouth me, give bad references and speak ill of me behind my back, which I found out about.

The movement has ignored all requests for an apology and remains in denial. People should be careful of the movement.

For more information on the Triratna Controversy Google the FWBO Files or Triratna Controversy. The leader of the movement has apologized for the abuse, but has stopped short of issuing apologies to individuals for specific transgressions of the Buddhist precepts.

The movement has been mentioned on TV and in the national UK press as the truth becomes apparent and people demand apologies.

The person in charge of maintaining the reputation of the movement, Munisha (Catherine Hopper) who is the communications manager, has ignored my complaints, and was caught lying to the BBC to avoid the leader of the movement being interviewed by the BBC about abuse allegations.

The standard approach that the movement has is to make up lies about its critics, with me falsely accusing me of harassment, for which a UK Court later found I was not guilty of.

Despite that, they have not corrected their mistakes.
My apology is outstanding.

Fw