Triple Play / Phone

Verizon Fios
I switched to Verizon because of my experience with the wireless services I received from Verizon. But I may have to reconsider my options going forward. Here is my situation. I was told by the technician when I got my FIOS services installed on April 28, 2009 that I may have bad phones because there was no ringtones indicating incoming calls and that I should contact the phone manufacture. It took me a while but I did contact VTech and they said there was nothing wrong with the phones I have. We called Verizon on June 23 and said Vtech confirmed that the phones we have were OK. Verizon did a diagnostic test and identified that I have a high voltage problem with the system. Verizon was convinced that the problem was inside the house. A technician was dispatched to my house on June 25, 2009 and he immediately identified that the problem was faulty installation by Verizon. The wires were touching each other which cause the high voltage problem. He fixed the problem without even going inside the house. As a matter of fact, it took him less than a few minutes to identify and fixed the problem. I asked him whether it was the problem with the initial installation but he would neither confirm nor denial but stated the problem was cause by wires contact in the outside box installed by Verizon. What is troubling to me is there seen to be a cover up by Verizon in order to disputes any claims by the customer. They sent me on a goose chase then denied the trouble was theirs. I called customer service today (June 26) to see if I can get credit for the two months since the phone service was inoperative. I was told the same excuses that the problem was inside the house and since I did not reported the problem at the time of the initial installment they can only credit me for 3 days since I first reported the problem on June 23. Again, I was told that the problem may be the phone system and I should contact the manufacture regarding no ringtones on inbound calls. If this is how Verizon treats it customers I may not want to be a part of it. This experience has left me with such a bad taste I may have to review my relation with Verizon since they are also my wireless provider. I can say my first FIOS experience has not been positive.

N  19th of Jul, 2009 by
Small claims court will work wonders in a situation like this. The voltage ingress on the phone line is clearly their fault.. based on the information you have provided.