Trinet Pro / Scam and cheating

2.5

I was sent this letter in the mail, with a 4, 995.00 check in it and I showed to my husband. We then called the bank KeyBank National Association, they told me that they couldn't verify funds on this company. I was trying to figure out where this came from I still don't know where this came from. But I did notice that the check was issued on Nov. 28, 2008 and I received this letter on Dec. 9, 2008 and I was told that I had until Dec, 10, 2008 to do anything with this check. Well that didn't give me much time to do any thing with it. So I was looking on the web sites and found this one and read the two other reports on this company. I looked on the bbb website but all it showed was a Trinet Survey with the exact same address but it was Suite 300. And it also had a different phone number on it. I am glad that I did not do anything with this check. I would not want to owe approximately $10, 000 to the bank when it would not have been my fault if the check did not pass through. Thank you so much for having this website for people like me to find out, stuff that needs to be found before we get into trouble.
Ra