Trilegiant / Fraudulent credit card charges despite cancellation

I enrolled into the membership with GreatFunsite in conjunction with a purchase I made with priceline.com as the website promised a 15% cashback on my purchase with Priceline. The membership was free for the first 30 days following which unless I canceled I would be charged $11.99. On July 23, 29 days after enrollment, I called to cancel my membership (membership # 55305968, username SHAH1281) and was given a cancellation code MJ[protected]. Despite this, I was charged $11.99 on August and September 07, 2007.

Multiple attempts to talk to the customer service has been to no avail as every time I am told that the membership is stil active, although paradoxically, the cancellation code is a valid one! Any attempt to speak to a supervisor results in an indefinite hold. Additionally, on multiple occassions, as soon as I mention the fraudulent charges, either the call gets dropped, or I am asked to hold and once again the hold is an indefinite one.

I have initiated a disputed charge with my credit card (Citi Cards) and am hoping for a favorable resolution, but I am afraid that the unauthorized charges will be recurrently made to my card.

Me

Comments

• Te
      17th of Oct, 2008

Unfortunately Trilegiant uses every loophole in the book to keep you from canceling while simultaneously using every loophole into getting you enrolled to a service you don't want.

Honestly the only way I've heard of people getting out of this is by canceling their accounts so that the company can no longer charge the money to said account.

Again, I apologize to God and the human race for working for these con artists, my only hope is to get a better job very soon and hopefully get some absolution for putting so many of you through this mess.

• El
      8th of Dec, 2010

Contact Freed & Weiss right away. They need to hear from you.

I hope this helps.

Details:

Trilegiant Scam: HELP STOP IT!

Trilegiant is behind more consumer abuse. Take action and contact Freed & Weiss - info @ freedweiss (dot) com (No Spaces), or call, toll free 866.779.9610

Here's more information:

Customers of websites like 1-800-Flowers.com, Travelocity, Shutterfly, and Orbitz are reporting mysterious monthly reoccurring charges to their credit cards.

Thanks to marketing tactics (i.e., those pop-up windows) used during check out, without proper consent consumers are accidentally joining club memberships and having to pay for them monthly!

Most people don't even realize they are being charged every month for a service they never ordered!

Is this happening to you? Have you made a purchase for travel, work, or fun using any of the following sites:

1-800-Flowers.com,
    Redcats USA
    Pizza Hut
    Movie Tickets.com
    GMAC Mortgage

Join this cause to learn more and stop the consumer abuse from Trilegiant.

AND PLEASE CONTACT FREED & WEISS IMMEDIATELY if you - or anyone you know - has reoccurring charges after purchasing from any of these companies.

Contact Freed & Weiss by emailing: info @ FreedWeiss (dot) com (No Spaces), or calling: (312) 220 - 0000, or toll free (866) 779 - 9610

Help Spread the Word to Your Friends!

What should I look for? Mysterious charges involving the business practice of Trilegiant/Affinion and Verture include the following membership programs:

LiveWell,
    IdentitySecure,
    CardCops,
    PC SafetyPlus,
    and Hot-Line

Banks issuing the credit cards and processing unauthorized charges on your account include: Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, Chase, Bank of America, US Bank.

CHARGES WILL APPEAR ON YOUR CREDIT CARD BILLS WITH CRYPTIC DESCRIPTIONS SUCH AS: TLG*LIVWEL15130916JUL 800-7932318 CT."

What can I do?

Contact us immediately, if you or someone you know has been charged mysterious monthly recurring fees after making purchased as any of the online companies.