Trilegiant / Unauthorized billings

For the past three months, Trilegiant has been charging my credit card for services I did NOT ask for. Since I do NOT receive paper hard copies of my statements each month (I do the online thing), I am beginning to wonder if they target those of us that do this since it took several months for me to notice the activity.

I noticed it this time because it sent me into overdraft and overlimit fees were attached to my payment for this next month. This got my attention very quickly. I live on a very limited income, and this extra charge is going to hurt me severely this month. Not to mention if this continues to be charged to me.

I have since started complaint forms with Consumer Reports, Better Business Bureau, and am currently writing a letter to my state gov.

I am hoping, since I worked with his wife, that he will look into this matter, and possibly find out how many people in the state of Montana have been targeted by this fraudulent company.After a lot of research into this company, and the subsequent class action lawsuit filed against Trilegiant and Chase in 2006, you would think they would stop this crap. But apparently they have not learned their lesson yet. I am hoping by doing all I am doing, that it will make a difference in some small way.

Ni

Comments

• El
      7th of Dec, 2010

You are right, you would think they would stop!

Here's some information on how you can take action in new class action. Contact Freed & Weiss. (Hope this helps you and anyone else who has gone through this abuse).

Trilegiant Scam: HELP STOP IT!

Trilegiant is behind more consumer abuse. Take action and contact Freed & Weiss - info @ freedweiss (dot) com (No Spaces), or call, toll free 866.779.9610

Here's more information:

Customers of websites like 1-800-Flowers.com, Travelocity, Shutterfly, and Orbitz are reporting mysterious monthly reoccurring charges to their credit cards.

Thanks to marketing tactics (i.e., those pop-up windows) used during check out, without proper consent consumers are accidentally joining club memberships and having to pay for them monthly!

Most people don't even realize they are being charged every month for a service they never ordered!

Is this happening to you? Have you made a purchase for travel, work, or fun using any of the following sites:

1-800-Flowers.com,
    Redcats USA
    Pizza Hut
    Movie Tickets.com
    GMAC Mortgage

Join this cause to learn more and stop the consumer abuse from Trilegiant.

AND PLEASE CONTACT FREED & WEISS IMMEDIATELY if you - or anyone you know - has reoccurring charges after purchasing from any of these companies.

Contact Freed & Weiss by emailing: info @ FreedWeiss (dot) com (No Spaces), or calling: (312) 220 - 0000, or toll free (866) 779 - 9610

Help Spread the Word to Your Friends!

What should I look for? Mysterious charges involving the business practice of Trilegiant/Affinion and Verture include the following membership programs:

LiveWell,
    IdentitySecure,
    CardCops,
    PC SafetyPlus,
    and Hot-Line

Banks issuing the credit cards and processing unauthorized charges on your account include: Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, Chase, Bank of America, US Bank.

CHARGES WILL APPEAR ON YOUR CREDIT CARD BILLS WITH CRYPTIC DESCRIPTIONS SUCH AS: TLG*LIVWEL15130916JUL 800-7932318 CT."

What can I do?

Contact us immediately, if you or someone you know has been charged mysterious monthly recurring fees after making purchased as any of the online companies.