Tribute Master Card / credit card fraud

1 Brevard, NC, United States Review updated:
Phone: 828-883-2207,828-384-8143

I had charges to my account that I had not made and contacted Tribute. They were to send me a dispute form and when I did not recieve it I called again and they said it was to late now to do anything. I called the number on my bill (the party that had gotten my credit card number) and all I got was an answering machine. I then called the State Attorney's office from that area code and was told by their office that it was a scam and they had done this to others as well. I called Tribute again to report what I was told and they were no help.Apparently this was a group out of Romania and I now wonder if Tribute could have been involved because shortly after I received the letter stating they were closing all accounts. I do not feel I should be responsible for these charges especially after I contacted them as soon as I had gotten my statement showing these charges. They did nothing to help me and should have. I should have been protected from this.

More Tribute Master Card Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Su
      16th of Sep, 2009
    Tribute Master Card - closed because of economic times
    first bank of delaware
    Georgia

The company said they are closing all accounts due to economic time...I have paid my bill on time ..etc. They can just shut down but still expect me to pay them the 20% interest rate on the remaining balance and not be able to use the card...who can I start a class action suit with and should I go to the attorney general...what a farce..Big Rip off artists if you ask me ...Please advise
    s.silverman
    [protected]@msn.com

24th of Oct, 2009
    Tribute Master Card - closed account no notice
    jo ann t
    lake city,fl
    Florida

I AM SO MAD AT THIS TRIBUTE MASTER CARD THE GAVE ME A NEW ACOUNT NUMBER WHICH I CANNOT USE AND STILL CHARGING ME 19.99 FOR A CLOSED ACCOUNT. I DISAGREE WITH THIS RIP OFF PRACTICE. I WILL PAY MY ACCOUNT WHAT I OWE BUT I REFUSE TO PAY THE 19.99 FOR A DAM ACCOUNT I CANNOT USE. I WAS NOT EVEN LATE ON MY PAYMENTS AND ALWAYS PAID MORE THAN THE MIN PAYMENT, I HOPE SOMEONE FILES A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT AGAINST THIS RIP OFF CARD, PLACE.

• Ca
    Merrillville
    Indiana
    Phone: 1 219 7696671
    mystartpage.com

my wages gaurenshished my employer almost fired me i got this credit card had 150.00 on it i cut the card up sent back to the companey now they take my wages they went to court with out my noing about it got ther jugde ment sued me for 890.00 this card i had three years ago why now i new nothing about a court date they did this behind my back

• Sh
      27th of Aug, 2010
    Tribute Master Card - Identity Theft
    Flint
    Michigan

My Credit card was intercepted from the post man and or lady when I lived at 1223 Bennett Ave. The new card no was issued and I received /or should have received it on 9/26/08. On 8/26/10 I discovered that it was cancelled and I never even received the card.
    Old #0000002646775361, new Account card # was 6276456022246621. I was told by Eric that all information about my account has dissappeared. I know that by law records must be retained for 7yrs.. I am requesting that a transaction history from that card be emailed to me at dataclerk.[protected]@gmail.com . the last 4 digits of my social security # 5500. I need the transaction history to take to the Flint Police Dept. so that I can press charges for conspiracy to commit identity theft. asap.

31st of May, 2011

I never applied for this card nor received it but I am getting collection calls for it long after the company is already gone. hmmm...