Tribute Gold Master Card / Awful experience

PO Box 105341Atlanta, GA, United States Review updated:
I signed up for a Tribute Gold Master Card in response to an ad that came in the mail claiming that it would fix my credit score, and I was virtually pre-approved. I was approved, and my Tribute Card came in the mail shortly thereafter. I've used it for the past few months with no problems, until a couple of weeks ago I recieved a call from a salesman telling me about a new product that Tribute was offering called Privacy Matters.

This new product, like many others that are offered by credit card companies, will monitor your account for fraud and give you a free credit report every month. I decided to sign up for the service, but was told that the service wouldn't become active until I received the welcome kit and activated it by phone. I figured this would be no problem.

Well a few weeks went by, and the welcome kit came in the mail the same day as a phone call from Tribute saying that my account was past due and that if I didn't set up a payment before hanging up, I would go to collections. My statement says I am not due until the 30th, and the call came on the 21st. I was somewhat angry, but I set up the payment

Today, I received something in the mail that says that my account is overdrawn, and that they have revoked my credit card privileges with them. I looked at my account on line and found out why. They have charged me an overlimit fee for the supposed 'late' payment, as well as billed me for this 'privacy matters' thing that I haven't activated yet.

Not only am I angry that I have been billed for a service I am not using, I also don't feel its right to charge a late payment fee and threaten to send someone to collections for not being more than 9 days early, and I also am very dissatisfied that I am down one less credit card.

If any big whig lawyer from Tribute is reading this, I hope you are prepared to deal with a lawsuit and I'm not afraid to do it either. See you in court. I don't see this as anything but fraud. Just add Tribute to the long list of other dishonest and fraudulent companies out there.
Va

More Tribute Gold Master Card Complaints & Reviews

Comments

Pc
  26th of Dec, 2008
I just found out, the hard way that that is there policy. They will charge you a late fee about a week before your payment is due and if that puts you over your limit they'll charge the same fee, $39.00, also. In addition, they charge a $10.00 account maintainance fee and now, a $4.95 web payment fee. so for instance my minimum payment is $31. this month the interest is about $13.00 You do the math. I come out owing them money instead of paying then down. I just reported them to the FTC. They are nothing but a fraud. They are funded by the First Bank of Deleware, they outsource their customer service to India and there is no number for their offices in Atlanta, GA. File a report with the FTC. I think the are already being investigated and sued. They should be shut down.
Me
  26th of Feb, 2009
I agree Tribute is a fraud!!!They cancelled my payment and cancelled my card within a weeks time..