Tribute Credit Card / canceled card

GA, United States Review updated:
i am glad to know that i am not the only one who had their card cancelled. i signed up to have my payment taken out of my checking account. when i signed up, i left a number out of my account number by mistake. as soon as i realized what i had done, i tried to fix it, but it was too late. i paid the payment on line as soon as i knew that the bank was not going to catch the mistake and cover it. less than one week after the payment should have been received i paid it, paid the following month, and wrote to the company explaining why this happened via e-mail and through the mail. too bad! they say that i broke my contract with them by not paying the bill on time. well, i have several other credit cards in my wallet, and they don't mind that they no longer have to share my business with tribute!!

Comments

Ch
  31st of Jan, 2009
I just got off the phone with Tribute. My card was also cancelled, after only being a couple days late one time back in a year back in December. After looking around the net... apparently they are going under and looking for any reason to slash accounts, as well as slash the credit limits of those accounts in good standing.
Yl
  9th of Nov, 2009
I too had my card cancelled and they have never taken off the anual fee which was just applied recently. I think that this is wrong because why should we pay the anual fee when we will not have the card for the year. They cancelled my card and said it was nothing that was my fault they are just getting rid of their credit department. The funny thing is that this is the one card that I paid every month on time. My problem is that the payments automatically come out of my account and I don't know how to cancel it.
Ca
  16th of Jan, 2010
RE: TRIBUTE CARD MONTHLY MAINTENANCE FEE ON CARD NEVER USED:::::::DON'T BOTHER CALLING TRIBUTE, THEY ARE ROBOTS AND CONTINUE TO SAY THE SAME THING OVER AND OVER.
>>>>> Contact the Better Business Bureau for complaints! It works! >>>>>>>>>>>
I HAVE BEEN CHARGED FOR A 'MONTHLY MAINTENANCE FEE' WHICH IS APPLIED AFTER THE FIRST CREDIT CARD TRANSACTION, HOWEVER, MY CARD WAS CANCELLED BEFORE IT WAS USED.
I CONTACTED THE 'BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU' AND WITHIN 30 DAYS ALL FEES WERE REMOVED FROM PREVIOUS MONTHS AND WAIVED FOR THE ENTIRE PERIOD WHILE PAYING OFF THE CARD. THIS WILL SAVE ME HUNDREDS OF DOLLARS! THANK YOU BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU! YOU ARE GREAT!
PLEASE...CONTACT THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU FOR ANY UNAPPROVED OR UNLAWFUL CHARGES BY ANY CREDIT CARD AGENCY! IT WORKS! THE COMPLAINT CAN BE DONE ONLINE AND IT'S VERY EASY.
THANK YOU...CAROLEE