Tribute Credit Card / Unauthorized charges

I received my tribute card about 8 months ago. I paid faithfully and always paid several hundred dollars more than what was due. My worked my credit limit up from $300.00 to $600.00 and was hoping to continue that trend. My made my payment this last month, amount due was $40.00 and I paid $405.00, however after five days they still had not posted the available credit to my account. I called them and learned that they had closed my account. When I asked why the account was closed, I was advised it was because I was over the limit. That is crazy because I have been over the limit once before and all they do is charge you a fee. All credit cards charge a fee for being over the limit. I asked why I was not advised in writing or via telephone that my account was closed and the person working for Tribute had no answer to that. I wanted to speak with someone else regarding this matter however I was advised to pay the card in full and reapply. No way!!! If I reapply, I will owe the 'start up' fees again and my credit limit will be minimal again.. There is no way that I will ever apply for tribute again. I had hoped to rebuild my credit after a divorce however I will not be doing it with the assistance of Tribute. I am not sure why the card was suddenly canceled but I hope that this is not a common practice with Tribute. Any one else have this same problem? Please let me know.

Di

Comments

31st of Jan, 2009

i had the same problem they closed mine and said that i was over my limit. and they had to close the account. i was so mad. now salute did the same thing saying they don't offer the program without telling me i had to call so no credit witht hem ither.

29th of Jul, 2009

i had the same problem as well, i dont understand how these credit card companies can just stand back and let these scammers get away with these purchases i dont need cardsafe to look out for my credit card at first they look for you not to pay attention they satrt charging you from 39 cents to two dollars to seven dollars to eleven dollars then they hit you with the big bucks so far they have stole 300.00 dollars from me my biggest hit was over sixty dollars from one order. this is jsut sad. but who do we turn to

• Ro
      28th of Sep, 2009

the same happen to me. i was never late, never over the limit always paid more then was required. i feel sorry for people people who was away from home on vacation and needed their cards for food, hotel and transportation. the only answer i received was that the account was closed immediately for everyone. they closed it after they received that payment. now i just received notice that aspen is closing their accounts and i immediately cancel their payment let them feel what we are going through.