Tribute Credit Card / Terrible experience

Lots of Tribute cardholders are suddenly complaining that they are having their accounts canceled for bogus reasons. My own account was canceled today because they said I was 2 days late on my payment. I have never been late, never been over limit. My payment was mailed 10 days in advance of the due date.

There are TONS of people complaining about the same treatment all of a sudden on the web. There are also posts by insiders claiming that Tribute is going down the tubes and looking for any reason possible to close accounts.

If you have a Tribute account, be forewarned! It isn't going to be around long.

Va

Comments

Bi
  31st of Oct, 2008

Your web billing tells me a certain amount is due and than if I call on the phone and talk to one of you, you tell me a different amount is due and than you make me go over my limit. You do it to me, Your just making money off of us by not giving the correct info. I would not recommend this card to anyone. I will be making the payments to get it payed off and I will not be using it in the future.

Billie Jo williams

Ab
  24th of Nov, 2008

I wouldnt doubt that they are doing this, especially since they just cancelled all of their Salute Visa lines of credit as of 11/04/2008.

Su
  29th of Nov, 2008

I too was taken by Tribute Master Card. I recieved a collection notice saying that my account had been closed for being 21 bucks over my limit. I have always paid on time 3 or 4X the minimun payment. They did not even give me the opportunity to make a payment (it is due 3 weeks from today) before they revoked my privelidges. This is fraud as they charge $150 plus a $30 activation fee to start the account. Once they get the money from you, they close your account and bill you for the membership fees etc. TRIBUTE IS A SCAM!!!

Ha
  29th of Nov, 2008

TRIBUTE RIPPED MY BANK ACCOUNT FOR 1, 559.00 THEY CLEANED ME OUT AND NOW DENY THAT I WAS EVER A CUSTOMER TRIBUTE IS A SCAM

Kw
  15th of Sep, 2009

Well i join the club they close my account i got non english speaking person that read off a script.Thier is no way i am i am going pay them off out of my checking account money order folks that way to go here .It funny how after that new law went it to effect all these fly bye night credit card companies are closing accounts right and left