Tri - State Alarm Company (Aka Security Networks) - Broomall, PA / After being a paying customer for 5 years they treated us like criminals

Tri-State Alarm Company uses deception and fine print to lock its customers into automatically renewing lengthy contracts.

The company didn't advise us that our contract would automatically renew for another 3 years after the original 3 year period. The sales person told us it would convert to a month-to-month basis after the first 3 years.

The company has now renewed our contract without our approval and told us this clause is in their contract. Do they really think anyone would sign up for their service if they were fully aware of this clause!? They told us we have no options except for paying a $1000 opt-out fee or continue paying for the service for an additional 3 years.

After being a paying customer for 5 years they treated us like criminals when we inquired about cancelling our service. Tri-State now operates under the name Security Networks.

Comments

• El
      5th of May, 2008

They are not customer friendly. I would warn anyone who is considering using their services, which they may not fulfill and still try to collect fees.

• Ca
      2nd of Dec, 2008

I have been going through a similar experience with Tri-State/Security Networks. After 7 years of consistent and timely payments, I was told that in order to discontinue my service, I would have to pay the remaining portion of the contract which, without my knowledge, renewed for a period of 36 months. Further, when I contacted Tri-State/Security Networks, I was assured that if I made a payment in April 2008, that the contract would be internally voided. I was thrilled! Except for when a "Mr. King" from a lawyers firm began harassing me about payment 2, 3 and up to 4 times a day!! Even on Saturdays. I am in the process of getting my files together and hoping to have the issue resolved without much further irritation.

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!!