Tri SLim USA / Unauthorized Charges-DO NOT FALL FOR SCAM

After canceling the free sample, this company had the audacity to charge my card $149.95, as well as a $15.95 shipping fee.

I provided customer service all the cancellation confirmation numbers, and they still were not able to answer my questions as to why this shipment was authorized, when there was no authorization on my part, as well as why they were offering me a 50% reduction to just take the product, since my card was already charged the full amount.

After going around in circles with a customer service person who had obviously a 'fake' name considering the accent, the only thing they could do was reverse the charges for only 90% because I now am responsible for the return and re-stocking fee.

I am looking for the right people to complain to for this issue.

People, please do not fall for this scam.

As

Comments

• Ck
      28th of Aug, 2009

Me too! They've done the same thing to me. Charged me twice one for $77.55 and one for $88.55
    How the hell do I get my money credited back to my account?
    They tried the 50% thing with me too, Not buying it, I ended up with 90% for 2 of the 4 charges.
    Please e-mail the BBB AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!!!

Carol (from Michigan)

• Ve
      10th of Sep, 2009

My Name is Veronica Mulazeem my e-mail address is ngcltoutreach@gmail.com. I too was scammed and have been charged $77.55 and $88.55 from my account. I noticed the $77.55 was about to post my account and called them immediately to cancel and I demanded a refund. However the salesperson never told me that another $88.75 was scheduled to post my account the next day

• Lu
      25th of Sep, 2009

Now, trislim is selling products under the Acai Berry Diet with a product called Colo Thin from Colo Cure. I found an ad on the PEOPLE.COM web page that said ACAI BERRY SHAM REVEALED. The link went to two different articles from News Channel 4 and News TV 8 Florida, featuring health correspondents that tried the diet for themselves and gave glowing reviews of personal weight loss results and health benefits, and vouching for the reputability of the company. I didn't realize, until after I asked for the 'FREE' product trial, that the entire ad was fabricated...no real health correspondents, no real news stations. I do business on the Internet with reputable companies all the time, so when I saw this on the PEOPLE Magazine/CNN website, I foolishly thought that the ad was legitimate. Seconds after I clicked on the free trial offer I saw the fine print at the bottom of the page (and I mean "fine print' - the page is cleverly designed to suck you in before they reveal what you've really signed up for). Before I knew it, I was signed up for a program called FIT FACTORY, at 19.95 per month, and a lengthy discourse of mumbo jumbo, which basically meant that I would be billed for 88.55 at the end of the month, plus ongoing deliveries and automatic billing, unless I cancel.

I called the company immediately to cancel "my membership", and after some haggling with the operator, got a cancellation code # which was emailed to me. The next morning I got a phone call from the "third party" shipper verifying my address to send the product. Apparently the email cancellation was only for the FIT FACTORY membership. The shipper commiserated with me, but said she had to ship the product and that I could call the company to cancel after I receive it. I called the company immediately and would not get off the phone until a cancellation confirmation was emailed to me, stating there would be no further charges or products sent to me from the company. As of this morning, there are two charges on my statement for $2.95 (shipping) and $1.00 (no idea?). Just moments ago I got another call regarding my shipment, and asking me to verify information. I said I've cancelled all products and refused to give any further information. Now I will alert my credit card provider and get a new card #. I hope I will not find anymore charges from these scammers. This has been a real headache!

I'm sorry for the troubles that you've all experienced. As they say, BUYER BE WARE! It's been a long time since I've accepted any FREE offers...I guess I had to learn the lesson, again.

Best,
    Lisa (from Maryland)

• Br
      6th of Oct, 2009

Can anyone please tell me the phone number to contact them and cancel the service? bri_sneed91@yahoo.com

• Ru
      18th of Dec, 2009
    Tri SLim USA - unautorized charges
    tri slim usa
    114 Perry Hill Rd
    Moncks Corners
    Afghanistan

tri slim usa sent me a bottle of there product when i ordered a bottle of colon cleanse i did not orderer it and now i have a charge of 87.60 from my accout, the phone number on the product does not even go to the company in which the charges was made for, i want my money back or i will be contacting a lawyer and sue

• Za
      1st of Dec, 2010

I can't believe this has been going on for years and still going. When is the legal action going to start. me91quick@aol.com If anyone has any plans for class action let me know. Bill