Trendwest / Fraud

1 CA, United States Review updated:

I bought into trendwest, I was also told that I could not cancel my contract. They took money out of my bank account for two years. I was never able to use the Resort. After that they destroyed my credit. Trendwest is a begomist company. It is a fraud, I don't understand companies like this are allowed to exist.

Comments

• Na
      29th of Jun, 2009

go to:

ftccomplaintassistant.gov

in the upper right-hand corner is a box that says FTC Complaint Assistant. Click on it and complete the form and submit it.

If everyone does that - we can shut down these fraudulent companies. If we do nothing - they get away with it and continue to scam people.

• Sh
      11th of Sep, 2009

I can't believe that people like you don't go to jail for breaking your contracts. You signed a contract to pay an amount and then you complain about it later. How is it fraud? If you buy a car and never drive it, should the dealership offer you a refund? There are over 250, 000 owners but YOU are one of the few that didn't understand what you were buying... hmmm... maybe you shouldn't be allowed to make any decisions.

• Mm
      17th of Nov, 2009

i would use it if i was able to. they said i had enough credits for two weeks a year, but instead i have enough for maybe a weekend in a place i want to go. and that is only if i call a year in advance. when i call 2 or 3 months in advance everything is booked. It's also a scam because they try to sell you for $40, 000, if you refuse, another guy comes over and offers you the same package for $20, 000. then for $10, 000. refuse again and they take you to a third guy who offers you the same product for $5, 000. Also their "maintence fees" per year go down from $400 to just $25. THEY SELL A PRODUCT YOU CAN'T USE THE WAY THEY SAY YOU CAN, AND SCAM YOU WITH SO CALLED "MAINTENCE FEES" THAT ARE ONLY WORTH $25 PER YEAR. The company and its sales people are cut throat thieves selling you a fake product. and if you still want to buy a trend west timeshare, BUY IT FROM ME! I would love to be rid of it.

• Bo
      19th of Dec, 2009

They are very deseptive. I had to have a major surgury and called to ask for a deferment of payment, or to pay less for a few months and I would pay it back. They said I signed a contract, and they don't have to change it. I also called to see if they buy back the contract ( at a loss to me), or know of a company that they use to resale my credits. Again, they informed me that I had purchased a contract through them and need to make sure I didn't miss a payment. I again re-asked my question, only to have them restate their answer. The lady then said, that I should use someone that is listed on the "BBB" so "I didn't lose more money".
    Thus far, I have not found a company out there that doesn't want $1, 000-$2, 000 up front ( which is illegal in most states) in order to list my credits so some other poor soul can lose thier life too.

• Uj
      14th of Sep, 2010

Trendwest is horrible. What they do has to be illegal. They oversell and basically you will never be able to book anything unless you do it years in advance. they contract with other timeshare companies while you are contracting with them, with no availability! If and when you finally get a chance to book something they charge you for using it!

If anyone has any idea how to pursue a high level complaint against this company, please post it.

thanks