Trend Micro Internet Security 2007 / this program is almost as bad as norton

Used this program for 2 years even though it has missed viruses in the past, i renewed the lis. for 2007. Downloaded it, tried to install, it took the old 2006 program off, then says it cant install new because old program STILL exists. Now i have antivirus, i sent trend-micro 2 support messages & they never answered me. I want my lic. renewal for 2007 back. buyers- this program is almost as bad as norton to get off pc.

Comments

• Ra
      23rd of Apr, 2007

How do i get this virus out of my pc?

• De
      3rd of Oct, 2007

I have been a loyal Trend Micro customer since 2002. Internet Security 2007 is a worthless piece of crap and I think Trend knows it. That's why they won't answer requests for help. The one time I got an Engineer on the phone, he gave me instructions to uninstall all Trend Micro software and files. He had me download a "small build" file to replace the 2007 engine. After doing so, I was dismayed to learn the setup.exe did not work, therefore I could not install the new, improved version. I have emailed them twice and haven't received any help. I called Tech Service again and a lady (in India, I believe) lied to me and said she would link me to the setup.exe file in 3-5 minutes. Two days later, I am still waiting on her email. I have requested a refund also and told them I guess, based on this experience, I will go with McAfee from now on. Screw Trend Micro. Seems like all the intelligent engineers are no longer there and their product has become an inferior product for home users. Very disgusted with them and am $50 poorer. Thanks for nothing. Wish I could say what I REALLY think here.

8th of Oct, 2007

Trend's 3rd party vendor, Digital River, and Trend are not supporting customers very well from my experience. I would have to agree with the previous entry and say my experience was similar. Web site charged me 2x, product would load right, had to call a toll number for help, terminal hold times, no responses to email and Trend, just not a pleasant experience. The people I dealt with in the Minnesota call center for Digital River were helpful and sympathetic but ultimately I had to cancel order and ask for refund, after 2 hours of hold time on my dime! I would go for Symantec or McAfee next time. Or even some freebie somewhere, I got to look and see.

• Tr
      29th of Oct, 2007

I purchased the 2007 PC Cillin by referral by Best Buy. They recommended that specific one to me over all others. I tried downloading the first time and had several issues. I tried calling customer service and could not get anyone on the line. The only way to communicate with this company is via on-line chat. Then they would not answer my questions specifically. They kept insisting for me to download more of their products. Then I requested a corporate phone number and address to submit a complaint and request a refund, the person I was talking to online left the session. After I got their software downloaded, or at least I thought it was working and downloaded, I have found at the minimum four (4) viruses and now have to pay to have someone remove and fix my computer. I can't access anything. Thanks Trend Micro. Terrible, Terrible product and the customer service makes it even worse. I will never recommend this company or product to anyone.

• Ke
      4th of Dec, 2007

This product is horrible; software screwed my computer up and after 4 days have still not resolved all the issues with the lousy software. Trying to talk to a live person at this company is IMPOSSIBLE; the voice mails just refer you to the website or you get a recording saying they are too busy and cannot take your phone call and then they hang up. Now I know why no one can get hold of them...they sell crap and are being overwhelmed with disgusted customers. I will be disputing this charge on my credit card and also file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THE COMPANY!!

12th of Dec, 2007

I have been using Trend Micro for years but the 2007 version A huge disappointment.

Great Security comes At a big cost to loss of System function.
    It is a complete HOG of resources and taxes your computer to it's very limits. Slows everything to a snails pace. Earlier versions were excellent, but this new one is utterly ridiculous.

CAN NO Longer recommend this product. Actually have had to have my computer reformatted twice since installing in July. My repair service installed AVG free, and there is such a difference. I will be switching permanently. AND YES, their support has also gone down the toilet with the software.

Do NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT!!!

• Le
      22nd of Dec, 2007

I purchased Trend Micro on line and it has been a nightmare. I have spent 8 hours trying to update my security. On line folks have made me wait for almost 2 hours. I cannot remember my password and they have given no help in being able to reset it. I think someone should file a class action suit against them for neglegence.

11th of Jan, 2008

I purchased Trend Micro Internet Security 2007 at the suggestion of Best Buy....what a mistake! I have been unable to get downloads to update the software. I am unable to reach them by phone - they are continually too busy. They do not answer my email request for help through their web site. I want my money back and would NEVER recommend this product. It's back to McAfee which is free from AOL.

• To
      11th of Feb, 2008

I had been a Trend Micro customer for 4 years, but last year discovered that it slowed my computer to a snails pace and did not stop viruses that would occasionally intrude on my computer. I switched last year to SpySweeper and discontinued my use of TrendMicro. To my surprise, TrendMicro automatically renewed my subscription for 2008! I immediately attempted to cancel and went through their laborious series of emails to get a refund. Despite navigating approximately 8 emails to make it give me a refund, I still was unable to get one. I have called repeatedly and sent numerous emails, but no one will answer. I finally had to resort to calling my credit card company and putting a halt on the charge. STAY AWAY from TrendMicro!

20th of Feb, 2008

DO NOT USE TREND MICRO!!! DISHONEST I have been arguing w/them for about a month. They have ignored my reqests for a refund - until the 30 day expiration - they are happy to give one - now that it has expired.

• Wg
      7th of Apr, 2008

Totally a rip-off as per my experience. Just as bad as Norton's 2005 Internet Security, again experienced. Worst of all their support tech denied their product by default anytime a user opened the "bad site" list, that act alone re-set them all for access to the user's machine. Until I forced the tech to open his bad list, he denied that was taking place. Just as bad, the software also deleted any and all "good sites" on the 'whitelist' and even added bad sites. Successful update prompts proved no update actually took place, on and on and on until they had the nerve to ask for a 2nd yr's subscription (when I had some satisfaction by emailing back saying I'd uninstalled it long before my 1st yr was up). Norton-TrendMicro both unable to provide support, both chock full of bugs, both w/serious update issues, both a piece of crap.

14th of May, 2008

Trend Micro Internet Security 2008 is also a piece of crap. It does catch most viruses. Misses some older viruses. No excuse for this. They are not interested in helping resolve any problems, especially where their automatic billing is concerned.

• Ro
      30th of May, 2008

I renewed trend pc cillin 14 with 2 year deal. I know! what an idiot. Of course I did not know the new software was a complete bust. Refund? are you kidding? Not in my life time. The whole experience a nightmare. The problem: endless popups generated by trend that ADW infection cannot be deleted. Thanks for the info trend. Software that tells you it wont work and I am screwed (over and over again). Imagine that? Insult to injury, the staff at trend send me endless "fixes" with endless instructions (that do not work by the way) and did I tell you they will not issue a refund? They will not. I have to deal with this for two more years! and Im out $79 bucks. And they sign off with (Im not kidding) Have a geat day! No appologies what so ever. Just "have a great day!" they really want me to have a great day. I know becasue they keep telling me so.

Stay away folks. I beleive they really do NOT care that you have a great day.

• Sc
      27th of Oct, 2008

I disagree with most of the posts above due to the fact I did not have any problems installing and running this software. You might want to check the system requirements it takes to run TM before your purchase it. Sure the older versions where memory hogs but the 2008 version runs great on vista 64 but I also have 8 gig of ram running my machine.

• Me
      24th of Apr, 2009

their "tech support" is nonexistent. if only their product was as good a firewall as their "support" is -- there is no way to get through!! no one speaks english!! no one returns emails or calls! they put you on hold and disconnect you. i will definitely not renew.

• Si
      20th of Dec, 2009

web safety addon is totaly useless. Blocks a lot of sites without problems and when contacted about this no response what so ever...

• Ih
      29th of Feb, 2012

I'm having a terrible experience. I have a virus on my computer that THEIR software let through. I have been working with their "level two" engineers FOR A MONTH to try to get this stupid virus off of my computer. Every time I call I have to go through the same queue and answer the same stupid questions and eventually I get transferred to the "level two" tech who takes more "samples" from my computer, promises to call me back in 24-48 hours after their "malware team" has had a chance to analyze my data, and then NEVER CALLS BACK. I have called many, many times and it's always the same. Each phone call is between 2- 5 hours a shot. I feel like throwing my computer in the garbage. I would NEVER recommend this company to anyone.

• Ro
      17th of Apr, 2012

I'm working in a shop that sells that ...thing... and each time I can convince a customer not to buy this piece of ###, my day is made. I'm so glad I can help peaple NOT buying this useless piece of ### that should not even exist, on Earth or any other planet. Make sure not to buy it... and that is not to mention all the problem I had tryin to cancel an auto-renewal ### of Trend Micro that cost me 60$ and that took me a month before getting my money back... and that's not to mention all the hard time I had trying to be refund...

• Ar
      26th of Aug, 2012

I had purchased Trend Micro online license in Feb 2012 from India for which I paid 880rupees..which got processed, that is money was deducted from my account but license key never reached me.. I have been following up since then.. now 7 months but to no avail...the simple problem has been streched so far with no tangible slution...

• Mi
      18th of Jun, 2013

I had purchased trend micro last year. It's a crap! I had seen recycler virus, but trend micro cant even detect that! Then I manually tried to run trend micro on that file, still it is showing recycler virus as "ALL RIGHT FILE"!!!

I think purchasing this is an BIGGG mistake!