Treasure Coast Readers / Rip off & Scam

1 Chino Hills, CA, United States Review updated:

Treasure Coast Readers were calling me and telling me that I had to pay a fee or else it will go to collections. I paid the fees and they sent me a letter which was a cancellation letter. I signed the letter and mailed it out. After a couple of weeks I get a phone call from a female representative who told me that they did not received the cancellation form and I was told that I could not cancel my contract any more (Total BS!!!). She also advised me that the publishers were expecting that money and there was nothing else they can do. She said that if I don't pay, then that will go to collection. I'm pretty sure a lot of people are in the same situation as me. Hopefully some attorney out there stops this company from ripping off everyone...

More Treasure Coast Readers Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Ae
      7th of Jun, 2011

I received a call form a woman just today telling me that I have to pay $50 a month for the next 18 months for magazines. I did request some type of info for magazines but I did not give them any info other than my name and address and when the woman called she told me that I DID order these expensive magazines and they had all of my debit card information. I was in tears asking her if there was some way I could cancel the account because I did not have the money to pay fifty a month for 18 months. The lady I talked to told me I should have gotten a packed in the mail and that my cancellation date had past and that they would be taking the money out of my account. I asked for a phone number for so that I could call and pay the account off all at once because I can not afford to have 50 taken out of my account every month and the number she gave me is for an apartment complex!!! I called my bank and canceled my card and they put a hot spot on the account and told me to come in and fill out paper work because they believed it was a scam.