Tre Milano (InStyler) / InStyler

Knoxville, TN, United States Review updated:
4.75
InStyler as advertised on TV is a fraudulent business. The product was advertised for $14.99 for a trial period of 30 days with a full refund if satisfied. I ordered the product and they charged my credit card the sum of $149.96. The product is horrible and when I called the company, Tre Milano, I was told they would charge me $30.00 to return it. I have talked with the Department of Consumer Affairs in California and they told me that Tre Milano engages in fraudulent practices and they urged me to call my credit card company and have my card number changed so that Tre Milano cannot put anymore unauthorized charges on my card.

I got nothing but a run around when I tried to return this awful product. They sent me a letter saying I was bound by an arbitration agreement and therefore i couldn't sue them. One cann0t be bound by an arbitration one didn't even know about and to which one never agreed. They advertised in the state of Tennessee and Tennessee law controls and they certainly can be sued in Tennessee. If you've been victimized by this company file a complaint with the consumer affairs division of California, the Federal Trade Commission and the District Attorney of San Bernardino, California. Talk with a lawyer that handles class action lawsuits. These people are crooks.

More Tre Milano (InStyler) Complaints & Reviews

Comments

Ju
  22nd of Dec, 2008
Somebody should do something to put a stop to this company (Instyler). They overcharge me too. When I ordered a very polite customer service representative told me that if I cancel they only will charge $16.46 for restocking fee. I agree, but when my daughter tried the product, it did not work. It is a nighmare. I returned the product, and after I returned it, they charged my credit card $64.75. I called to find out what is going on, and a very RUDE customer service representative told me that there is nothing they can do.
Ma
  2nd of Feb, 2009
I have been charged with a styler 12/1108 I did not confirm via phone this order nor have I received the porduct.
Mb
  10th of Feb, 2009
I tried to return this product but was told that I was 3 days over the 30 day period. The manager (Jose) told me that there was nothing they could do. I asked for the name of the parent company and searched it on the CA Secretary of State's web page.

Tre Milano, LLC
11812 San Vicente Blvd, 4th Floor
Los Angeles, CA 90049.
Agent for Service of Process is Mark D. Friedman.

I am not going to waste any more of my time on this product, but wanted to give the contact to others who may want to pursue claims against this company. I will, however, let all my friends know that this product does not work at all as it claims to.
Ca
  27th of May, 2009
My only comment is I NEVER buy products from info commercials like Instyler! I had called to order Instyler and some idiot took my order and tried to sell me FIVE more items from magazines, to dinner packages, special shampoo and heat protector! I kept telling him all I wanted was the Instyler, and one more item he tried to sell me & I would cancel the whole order! He said he has to offer me all this crap!
I got so fed up, I told him to cancel my order. It has not shown up on my credit card account, so I am safe in assuming it is canceled.
It was so annoying to be offered five different items when all I wanted was the Instyler! From now on, I will NEVER order from infomercials!
Ca
  27th of May, 2009
BAD COMPANY!!
In
  5th of Jul, 2009
Thank you all very much for posting your comments. I was interested in this product, and would have tried it out had I read positive reviews... this all goes to show how important the customer service experience is... This product may work for some, and not for others... but no one will want to even try it with the reputation this organization is developing. Thanks again everyone.
Be
  14th of Jul, 2009
This process has been an absolute nightmare...from overcharging to the rudest customer service representitives. I urge all the people who have had similar experiences with this company to write to the Corporate Office:

Instyler Corporate Office
P.O.Box 10454
Van Nuys, CA 91410

This treatment to the general public should not be tolerated. When we buy products, regardless if the purchase is bought in a store, online, through a catalog or whatever, we do not deserve to be talked to like naive children by disrespectful know-it-all customer service reps!
Je
  25th of Jul, 2009
To everyone: i'm sorry to hear about your awful experiences but I appreciate you making these complaints known. I was scammed once before many years ago with a product I purchased off a tv infomercial and vowed to never purchase anything from the tv again! My mother was drawn in by the wonders of this instyler and asked me to order for her. I decided to research before giving out my card information once again and i'm just thankful for you sharing your experience and helping me so I can avoid going through this as well.. Good luck to everyone!
Ci
  4th of Aug, 2009
Thank you so much for your honest comments. I was about to order the InStyler but after reading all the comments, I am going to stay away. Thank you again.
Cu
  14th of Aug, 2009
I want for first say how bad I feel for all of you who have gotten scammed from these people!!! I am 21 and i'm very protective of my money especially how hard I work for it, I don't own any credit cards; if i did i'd only spend however the amount I had on there. Anyway, I hate researching but I really want a straightener that curls and If i'm going to invest my hard working money towards one it made me do the responsible thing... stop being lacidassical and reasearch!!! hehe Let me just say I'm glad I did!!! but on the other hand I feel really bad that those of you who had to experience this bs wentt through quit alot and i feel as if i'm getting off easy. I hope this company gets what they deserve... The saying does go... Karma is a B$*?@.!!! I just want to say I really appreciate your advice and comments and i wish you all the best of luck and God Bless!!!
Cu
  14th of Aug, 2009
O! and P.S. I WILLLLLLLL be posting this all on facebook so hopefully this willl not happen to anyone else!!!
Be
  2nd of Sep, 2009
I too was about to order this product for my daughter, but after reading these negative reviews about the product and the company, it has become abundantly clear that it is not worth the aggravation or the time.
  3rd of Sep, 2009
I purchased the Instyler (they send a set of 2). Was not satsified witht he porduct because the barrel is only rolling one direction - when you use it on the left side of your head you hold the styler naturally; but, to do the other side in the same direction you have to flip it over and hold the handle backwards which is awkward. Also the brush makes the hair super frizzy (even with product). There was 8 callers ahead of me when I called to get a return code as instructed in my package - got through fairly quick. I was first encouraged to keep it longer since I was still in my trial period and offered one $39 pymt reduced - I decline & was given a return code with a 5 day expiration. I did not get back my $14.99 trial fee I paid and paid an additional $12 at the post office to return. It has not been long enough yet to verify they will not be fradulently take any further payments. (Chicago, IL)
Tk
  7th of Oct, 2009
You know, I find this all to be very odd. I ordered the Instyler off the website and was only charged the $14.99 for the trial. The product worked WONDERFULLY on my hair, which is very thick, curly, and normally coarse. I, however, did follow instructions. I, also, am quite used to being uncomfortable straightening my hair as I used a hot iron on a regular basis. Anyone who has EVER used a PROFESSIONAL hot iron knows there is only one way to hold it to avoid burning yourself, making the Instyler rather easy.

Since the product did what it advertised to do I kept it past the 30 day trial and made 3 payments of 39.99, which ended up to be 42.06 with tax. Worth my money since I had paid more than that for a hot iron in the past. On top of that, I recieved two for the price of one. I'm sure it will make a great christmas gift for someone this year.

Anyone who is reading this, don't be bothered by people ### because they can't understand directions or contracts, do product rescearch yourself, ie, look at videos on YouTube. Also, if you are hesitent to order it over the phone or online buy one in a store. They are selling in Bed, Bath, and Beyond as well as a few other retail stores that I can not personally verify so I will not advertise it.

For anyone who says I'm full of it, I included before and after pictures. NOT from Instyler's website, double check if you don't believe me.
Tk
  7th of Oct, 2009
Really quickly, how many of you were speaking to someone who worked ON BEHALF of Instyler? Or are you even sure?
  12th of Oct, 2009
"InStyler - The Amazing Rotating Hot Iron! Try it for 30 Days for Only $14.99" - What do you think about the advertisement line? I though the same and ordered one as a trial. But they sent 2 telling me that buy one and get one free as offer. I called customer connection(It’s a another headache) asked what is the need for the second one and what I am going to do with that? They suggest me to gift the product to any friend of mine(What a great idea?). They also said that the remaining payment of approx $120 + $20 shipment will be detected from my account in 3 installments. Simply said to sell this product they advertise by playing with words. Their intension is not the sell the product by showing any of its quality.
In
  27th of Oct, 2009
To whom it may concern:
I purchased your product the InStyler, back in September of last year. Never received my item. I waited the usual time of delivery with no success started contacting every delivery service available and my local post office to be told that no one had received or delivered my product.
I called your customer service department and spoke to the head of the department who's name is Chris. Chris informed that he would not help me, he indicated he wanted the money for which i had payed for as for the infomercial upfront in order to supply me with the item, which i had already payed for the item with the infomercial requested what the cost would be for my 30 day or 60 day trial and indicated in a very rude way that that's how it would be and that he would not spend anymore of his valuable time with me as a customer.
I still asked him if we could at least attempt this again and he said no that once again the only way anything would happen if i payed the product in full by check or money order and they still would hold it before they sent the product out. I responded that i had payed what was necessary to obtain the product and receive my trial period and that i could not pay it all upfront in the event i did not like it and even worse i had not received it, he said well then it looks like you are out of the money you have already paid and will not be receiving our product.
I have decided that if i can not get any assistance from you to receive the product and then i would be willing to pay it in full should i like it? i definitely will. if i should not i will return your product and end of story. but if i do i will pay for it as aforementioned. so please be kind enough because i know that your company will not be at any disadvantage towards this problem. in the event i dont get help i will have to request the help of the better business burro.
Thank you for your anticipated cooperation in this matter and i hope this can be resolved amicably.
  28th of Oct, 2009
I agree with TKCANDY I saw the advertisment and like everyone else thought wow for just $14.99. I listened very carefully and found out there was more to it and that it would be 3 payments of $39.99 in addition to the $14.99. That $39.99 was CLEARLY stated or like everyone else I would of ordered, instead I immediately hung up. As for the way it works I donot know yet. I have 6 of them ordered at a very low price that I found via internet. So I see no problems with the addvertising. People you need to PAY ATTENTION! AGREE?
Carol. Illinois
La
  5th of Dec, 2009
Why do so many people want to look like everyone else? By the way, straightening damages your hair so you get what you pay for...like PT Barbum once said..."there's a sucker born every minute!
Mt
  14th of Dec, 2009
Me and a friend ordered the instylers, it was the 149.95 for two. We flat out bought the irons because our co-worker literally brought hers in for us to try and we loved it. It really is a good product if you do indeed like to straighten your hair, if its thick/curly hair you understand not all store bought irons will do the trick. The instyler is an ideal iron for thick/curly out of control hair that needs straightened. However it’s also nice for course thin hair as well, me and my friend are totally different. She has thick hair I have thin. It works for both.

When we ordered the rep was kind interested in the sale, tried to offer other items we just declined! No problem. We paid before we received them, we bi-passed the offer. They arrived in a timely matter, when we did get them of course we started to use them right away! My friends iron stopped rotating and we called and they said to pay out of pocket to send it back and gave a reference # to put on the package and to keep the receipt fax them the receipt and they would reimburse the cost to ship the package. And with in 2-4 weeks we will receive the new one. So yes we received the new one after 4 weeks. They were kind about it and replaced it.

Well one week after my friend received hers my iron fell apart while in my hair, the rotating barrel shaft came out and when I grabbed it, it burnt my fingers OOOOOOUUUUUUUUCCCCCHHHHHHHH it wouldn’t clip back in and the rod wouldn’t match back up inside (we tried to do a quick fix) So I called in AGAIN and went through the same process it took 7 weeks to get mine back. Me or my friend never received the money they promised, (to pay us back for shipping) and I suspect that my instyler I just got back is refurbished. But I just did my hair with it, it seems delayed to start rolling but it rolls and my hair looks better so it’s fine.

So basically it is a good product when it does actually work, and not fall apart. I am kind of fed up at this point only because if we had to pay shipping fine but don’t mention to reimburse if in fact you won’t why lie?

I’m glad to have it back to say the least I have a big fat iron that burns my forehead every damn time I use it :( oh and the co-worker bought hers two years ago, she is still on her first one never had a problem and uses it every day! So go figure... I guess if you get one as a gift enjoy otherwise don’t waste your time unless you have it to waste;)