Tre Milano / Unauthorized billing

The instyler as seen on tv. It doesn't work. My flat iron works better. That isn't the whole problem. They charge you $14.99 to TRY it for 30 days. If you keep it it ends up costing you $130 in the end and is NOT worth even $30. I paid $17 to send it back and was told they wouldn't be taking any more payments cause I sent it back before the 30 days.

(I kept it for 5 days) Two weeks later my account was withdrawn from by $54.99 by instyler. I called several times and have been told for a week now it would be back in. It still isn't and am NOW told I will only be getting $34.99 back because of some s&h charges?! What the---? I paid a total of $86.98 and have NO product. I got scammed. DO NOT BUY THE getinstyler!

Va

Comments

• Ne
      20th of Oct, 2008

The same thing happened to me. I am in the process of trying to find the address of where to return it. I was stunned when I saw the additional charge on my Visa account. Like you, I thought I was paying $14.95 but then discovered the total charge would be over $100.00. I also paid an additional $5.00 for quick delivery (2 weeks). It was well over 6 weeks by the time I received it. And-it's not even worth $14.95.

4th of Nov, 2008

Yes, the same unauthorized billing happened to me and when I called the company I was the 39th caller on line and never got to talk with anyone.

I am submitting a complaint to my state's Attorney General Consumer Complaint Division about this company and this product. It is obviously false advertising.

• Da
      5th of Nov, 2008

I had the same thing happen. Card intially charged the 14.99. Sent it back before the 30 days and have proof they recieved the Instyler on 10/09/2008. On 10/20/2008 Thay charged my card 54.99 . I sent them an email demanding my money back. They sent me an email to call them which I did 3x and the hold time was no less then 1 hour 17 min. Then to my horror after never talking to anyone on 11/05/2008 They charged my account 39.99. This is rediculous. I have no product nor do I want it but for them to keeping taking my money is not going to happen. I am also filing a complaint with the attorney general's office and disputing the charges with the help of my bank for unauthorized use of my account.

• Do
      7th of Nov, 2008

The exact thing happened to me. I now own $165.00 worth of two crappy products that do not work. I had no clue my card was going to be continually charged, and once I found out, it was too late for me to send the product back. They only give you 30 days to send back the product. I called customer service and was on hold for over 20 minutes and had to speak to three people before I was rudely told "tough luck". This is consumer fraud at it's worst! No paperwork comes with the product, no return instructions, nothing that tells you how much they are going to bill you! DO NOT BY ANYTHING FROM THIS COMPANY! Even after you call them and try to talk to them, their attitude is horrible and they tell you that you should have read the fine print on their website. Also, they do admit that the infomercial never tells you how much you'll have to pay totally if you keep the product.

Has anyone tried to cancel their credit card charges through their credit card company? That's my next try.

• Ca
      8th of Nov, 2008

The same thing happened to me. They are true thief !!!

11th of Nov, 2008

I just went through the same thing. I used my ATM card to purchase the Instyler, with no indication whatsoever that it was a "trial period". I never heard another word from them. Yesterday I received a notice that Instyler was sending me to "collections" because I owe them $145.xx. I called them this morning (caller #16). I did get through but was told by Dave (first responder) and Chris (his boss) that the trial period had ended and there is nothing they can do. I told them I had not received an invoice, nor had I heard from them until yesterday when I received a notice of collection. They had tried billing my credit card on October 2nd, but it was denied, so they sent me to collections. This is only because my ATM card expired and I had received a new one, with (as is typical) a new number. Chris could not send me to anyone else; there is no one above him at that number, nor is there anyone from Instyler who can field these calls. I am appalled, and helpless. This is unbelievable! So, if I don't pay, I will spend the next 20 years explaining this absurdity to creditors about my excellent credit and a "collection notice" on my record. I, too, will be contacting the attorney general!

• Ca
      16th of Nov, 2008

thank all of you for letting me know, I was about to buy!
    here is some good news. You can file a claim on your debit - or credit card for an "unauthorized debit". You agreed to pay say $14.00 and they charged more and kept it up. The company will probably refund the excess that was taken rather than mess around with the Federal Trade Commission and claims therein. Good luck..!

• Te
      16th of Nov, 2008

The instyler is HORRIBLE! After holding for 1 hour, I FINALLY got my return authorization # and then was told by the customer service person that I was rude for returning it. I told him he was rude for trying to make me keep a product that didn't work. Its loud, its worthless, its a piece of garbage.

Luckily I bought it with my credit card and if they start charging me I will file a dispute with my credit card company.

17th of Nov, 2008

I am having the same problems with the company. I have been trying to find the actual address for the company to write a formal complaint and I can not get an actual address or phone number. This is a total scam. The product is not worth the money and then they try to find any trick in the book to make you have to keep the product. I sent it back and they sent it back to me and are charging my account. My next step is to charge it back to the company and file any formal complaints with everyone I can.

20th of Nov, 2008

I have been waiting on my Instyler for the past 5 weeks. I haven't been charged, but I can't cancel the order either. EVERYONE HERE NEEDS TO REPORT THEM TO THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU. I did yesterday. I was number 57 in line on hold. My second call.

Can you imagine all the people ordering this for Christmas? This is RIDICULOUS!!!

You can find their address at getinstyler.com. Click the "Contact Us" link. The company marketing this is Tre Milano. Yes, they are on the BBB site already.

20th of Nov, 2008

Tre Milano Llc.
    P.O. Box 10454
    Van Nuys, CA 91410

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!

• Li
      26th of Nov, 2008

To Janis Brandis,

Tell the collection agency to stick it when they call. Send the instyler back with return receipt requested and forget it. I guarantee this will not affect your credit.
    No body is going to look at that if your trying to make a loan for something. Consider yourself lucky that your card expired.01177

• De
      1st of Dec, 2008

The whole thing is a mess. The Instyle makes a lot of noise while turning and gets terribly hot. . .Hot enough to scorch a piece of cotton fabric. The curls are not tight as shown on TV but do know that you can get a third degree burn from it trying to curl your hair. I am typing this while calling them to get my return authorization #. I was caller 68 (9+ minutes ag0) and am now caller #39 but baby I'm going to wait them out. By telling you that the wait is 18 minutes then as your call# goes down your wait time increases just now to 20 minutes. Now how can that be?
    Stick with 'em. They've got to be stopped!!! Another thing, if they keep charging you after returning the product by certified mail. Tell your bank or credit card company to flag your account but if all else fails they can't charge a card you can't find.

• Ti
      3rd of Dec, 2008

Your right the instyler doesnot do what it is suppose to do this is what I wrote to the company. I purchased this instyler after I seen the advertisement and thought it would be a wonderful product for my daughter. She has curly hair and loves having it straight. She uses a standard flat iron to straighten her hair and it takes her forever!! So I thought this would be a wonderful gift. When this item came I intstantly opened the box up and tried the instyler I couldn't wait. When I first looked at the item the first thing I noticed was this HUGE sign saying NOT SAFE FOR CHILDREN THIS ITEM GETS VERY HOT!!!Well I didn't think much of this because my daughter puts her stuff up when she is done with it. But, When I turned on the instyler it heated up quickly I was surprised. I looked for instructions in the box but there was none so i just sort of went off my memory from the advertisement I watched a thousand times. First I tried to straighten my hair I sectioned off a 2 to 3 inch section of hair and placed the barrel of the instyler towards the root of the hair which heated my head up so hot that it gave me a first degree burn!! I pulled the Instyler gently thru my hair and my hair was steaming and it left a crimp in my hair. I could not touch my hair at all!! It was that hot the steam kept on coming for about 30 secs. It did nothing at first so I tried another section this time it was my bangs. I have bangs that go from the forehead to the eyebrows and I have a high forehead. It burned my forehead it took the skin right off my head. I had 2nd degree burns. Plus it did not give volume to my bangs at all. I had to try it again. I went to put the instyler down on my new counter, which my home is brand new due to a fire and it melted the counter top of my sink!!! It was that hot. I had the setting on Med. When the setting was on high it was steaming on its own. There is no place to put your hands on the instyler except for the bottom of the handel. Every place else gets extremely hot. I accidently brought my other hand up to grab a piece of hair and it touched the end of the instyler and it burned my fingers!!! Even the plate where the brushes are is hot and the opposite side of the brushes (on the outside) was so hot it wasn't funny. I am sure the product does what it says it does anything that gets that hot will curl or do something to your hair. Your advertisement states that your hair is nice and cool to the touch after running the instyler thru it that is a total lie. It is so hot you can not touch it plus it is still steaming. Even the advertisement if you watch it close enough you will see the girl doing her bangs having steam come off her hair. You can not tell me if there is steam coming off the hair that there is no heat. When I called the company it ended up being a subcontractor that was hired thru a temp agency and they did not know the instyler’s coporate office number. I have had to put perscription burn cream on my forehead and fingers to help heal them from the instyler. Oh, also they do not tell you that the bag is for not only storing the instyler but it is to lay the instyler on so it will not burn your counters or anything else. This was told to me by the Chris the manager of the call center and also Samuel. NO WHERE ON THEIR SITE DOES IT STATE THAT ANY OF THIS HAPPENS. I HAVE PRINTED OFF THE ORIGINAL SITE ALL PAGES THAT WENT WITH IT ON WWW.GETINSTYLER.COM and this is the site they tell you to order from if you did not want to phone in your order. From the home pages to the tips and techniques, FAQ's, Blog and the other sites. So if this gets changed I will have the originals. I am very unhappy for the price of $149.96 the instyler is not worth it and it is a very dangerous tool. I will be very shocked if this gets posted but I kept a copy of this blog for the records.

So I am trying to find the company that is corporate. The instyler instantly gave back my 14.99 and also stated no future payments will be coming out of my account. This PRODUCT IS VERY VERY DANGEROUS!!!

• Ti
      3rd of Dec, 2008

By the way lady's I am probably going to start a law suit against this company and if you do a google on Tre Milano you will find the Alacra Store which he owns and their is a telephone number. Also, Go to the better business Bureau. This product and this company is a very very bad company and i turned it into the community TV here in Harrisburg. We have a "We Buy it and you try it" section. This time I bought it and tried it and if you read my review you will see it was a horrible product. Please email me and we will all stick together on this and get the company!!!1

5th of Dec, 2008

It's amazing how many out there cannot or refuse to read all of the "fine" print for the Instyler! ALL of the costs, fees, shipping and handling, address, phone #, return policies, etc, are on their web site. It IS an amazing product! Like ANY new item or tool, you have to learn how to use it. Then it becomes second nature. Seems like their are lots of idiots out there that don't have much common sense, if you ask me. It is not a dangerous product, justa product you have to use properly folks! I use the product daily with AMAZING results! I'll end with this; I am NOT from or represent this company in any form or fashion, just a regular American citizen who loves this new and inovative invention that works wonders with my hair! By the way, a professional straightening or curling iron will cost you well over the costs for this one. I know, I am a licensed cosmetologist.

• Ni
      15th of Dec, 2008

I did read the fine print. In fact I cancelled my order within 24 hours, received an email confirmation from them that they received my cancellation request and they sent it anyway. I read the fine print and returned it within correct time period. They still won't refund money.

• Tr
      16th of Feb, 2009

Amazing product? The product is complete junk!!! It doesn't work! & it's a total scam!

Even if you return the product, which u must wait on hold for over an hour to do so...they still are debiting my account every month!

I am currently filing a fraud claim with my bank & also with the BBB, & my attorney will be contacting this company. I WILL get my money back...

• Je
      8th of Apr, 2009

I have to say that I disagree with the majority of the comments on this board.

I bought the InStyler about 2 months ago and I absolutely love it. It makes styling my hair very easy (I have short to medium length hair) and only takes me about 10 minutes to do it after drying. The first few times that I used it, I couldn't quite get the hang of it, but once I did - it is a breeze and I love it.

Sorry you are all so unhappy - I just wanted some people to know that I love it and would buy another one without hesitation.

I happened upon this web site by accident, as I was looking for the styling products that came with it. Checking around to see if you can purchase them, as I also loved the "Firm Up" hair spray that came with the InStyler.

• Ro
      11th of Apr, 2009

I have a different problem that doesn't seem to be mentioned. I actually do like the product. I realize that I have to be very careful not to burn myself - that the rod get very hot and could be dangerous. But, I thought it was a fair price bc it works for my hair even better than a flat iron or blow drying with a round brush. My complaint is that the company made an unauthorized charge to my account of $19.95 for a Value Plus Monthly membership in addition to the price of the product. I KNOW I said "no" to everything extra the person on the phone tried to sell me. So, I get this $19.95 charge on my credit card and call the number. They tell me it came from something I bought on Feb 23. The Instyler was the only thing I purchased that day. This is so corrupt! I was wondering if anyone had this experience.