Travis Industries — faulty circuit board - no warranty - travis dvl gsr2 nb
We purchased a Travis DVL GSR2 NB insert and enjoyed it with no problems. The next fall we turned it on and it did not work. We were unable to get the initial authorized Travis installer/dealer out fix the insert so we called another authorized dealer on Travis's list. The insert had a faulty circuit board that was replaced. The new authorized dealer charged us $180 for the repair even-though we had only purchased the unit 11 months ago.
I'm looking at the paperwork I received when the insert was installed, it clearly states there is a 12 month warranty for parts and repair. I contacted Travis Industries and they said: "Many dealers have a service fee to perform warranty service, which is not covered by the appliance warranty. The warranty covers the labor once they are on site. "
So it appears they can call a fee by another name and charge you anyway.
Updated by LKO1, Nov 08, 2018
When I had no luck dealing with the Dealer I appealed to Travis for assistance in resolving the issue. I provided a copy of my warranty, sales receipt, and bill from the subsequent dealer who came back to replace the failed board. Travis made no effort to contact to Dealer to resolve the issue or manage the Dealer in any way or locate an alternate Dealer to service my fireplace who would honor it's warranty. So yes, Travis shares the blame for this experience.
More Travis Industries Complaints & Reviews
- Travis Industries - Poor quality gas fireplace 
- Travis Industries - Fireplace Xtraordinaire 
- Travis Industries - 564 HO greensmart 2 fireplace 
- Travis Industries/Stoves and Stuff - Poor Quality Terrible Customer Service
- Travis Industries - Working for Travis Ind. is terrible
- Travis Industries - greensmart gas insert fireplace
- Travis Industries - fireplace xtrordinair