Travis Industriesfaulty circuit board - no warranty - travis dvl gsr2 nb

We purchased a Travis DVL GSR2 NB insert and enjoyed it with no problems. The next fall we turned it on and it did not work. We were unable to get the initial authorized Travis installer/dealer out fix the insert so we called another authorized dealer on Travis's list. The insert had a faulty circuit board that was replaced. The new authorized dealer charged us $180 for the repair even-though we had only purchased the unit 11 months ago.

I'm looking at the paperwork I received when the insert was installed, it clearly states there is a 12 month warranty for parts and repair. I contacted Travis Industries and they said: "Many dealers have a service fee to perform warranty service, which is not covered by the appliance warranty. The warranty covers the labor once they are on site. "

So it appears they can call a fee by another name and charge you anyway.

• Updated by LKO1, Nov 08, 2018

When I had no luck dealing with the Dealer I appealed to Travis for assistance in resolving the issue. I provided a copy of my warranty, sales receipt, and bill from the subsequent dealer who came back to replace the failed board. Travis made no effort to contact to Dealer to resolve the issue or manage the Dealer in any way or locate an alternate Dealer to service my fireplace who would honor it's warranty. So yes, Travis shares the blame for this experience.

Lk
Sep 05, 2017

Comments

• Ul
      Oct 30, 2018

I am a service manager at a fireplace store in Pennsylvania, I would say you issue is not with Travis, but with your Dealer. Travis does have a 1 year warranty, and does reimburse its dealers for parts and labor. Sounds like your complaint should be registered to your Travis Dealer and not Travis. For some reason they are trying to make a little extra money off of your warranty visit.