Travelweb/priceline / refusal to acknowlege cancellation confirmation number

To whom it may concern:

On December 23, 2009 I was scheduled to stay at the Ramada Inn in Clive, IA, having booked the room through Travelweb.com. The travel confirmation number is [protected]. We called the hotel to cancel as we had decided to travel on due to weather. The hotel told us we would have to contact the third party agent (Travelweb, a division of Priceline) which we did. We were given the cancellation number [protected] and told that a $2.35 fee would be assessed for the cancellation, to which I agreed.

Our card was later charged $49.68 from DPS Ramada, Clive even though we have a cancellation number. The hotel (whom I'm inclined to believe) states that they did not receive any cancellation and, therefore, charged Travelweb for the stay even though we did not arrive. Further, they state that their cancellation numbers are four digits and do not start with a 6. Additionally, they state that any charge originating through them would list "Victory Lodging, Inc." rather than Ramada Inn.

Travelweb states that the reservation is post stay, meaning I don't pay until I check out, rather than prepay, which means they charge me in advance.

Travelweb/Priceline also states that the hotel charged me and I have to take it up with them. The hotel states that Travelweb/Priceline charged me and that I need to take it up with them.
I'll never use Trvelweb or Priceline again.

Comments

• Ge
      12th of May, 2010

I'm attempting to cancel Res#9046DEPA21 for the America' Best Value Inn in Oakhurst, CA.
    Can you help me?

George Masker
    1214 Pasatiempo
    Salinas, CA 93901

• Ge
      12th of May, 2010

can't get an answer to comment

• St
      17th of Mar, 2011

Unaware I booked a Days Inn room through Travel Web. I thought it was a Days Inn site. THe gentleman on the phone took forever to "book" the room for one night. He told me it could not be cancelled. Later I realized it was not the city in which I intended to stay so I called Days Inn to see if I could change the exact room, exact day to another city. THey said I had to call Travel Web and speak with them that they did not book it.
    So I called Travel Web, explained it to the girl on the phone and then she looked up the reservation and said it was non refundable, non changeable. I thought this was ridiculous. THey are still getting their money but they refused to change it.
    So, be aware when you book through these companies.

21st of Aug, 2011

WATCH OUT!!! Priceline has the "bait and switch" scenario downpat! Following is my letter to Priceline management and why I sent it.

Dear Priceline Management:

I am EXTREMELY disappointed in Priceline and can promise you that I have no desire to use your services again unless some proper action is taken to correct a Priceline error.
    I purchased tickets (which CLEARLY say First Class Flights) from New Orleans to Bali, Indonesia via LA and Taiwan, yet when I went to choose seats, it would only give me Economy seat selection. I emailed your customer service dept before confirming and received a response which told me to pick a seat and then call the airlines to make a first class selection. This I did and Delta told me that I had not purchased first class tickets (even though my paperwork says I did and your customer service verified...Angela). Delta told me I needed to call you guys and have it corrected as the ticket purchase was thru your site.
    I spent 56 minutes and 3 transfers on the phone with your "customer service and supervisors" and was finally told that for YOUR mistake the only thing they could do was cancel me with a full refund. Why would I want to do that and take a chance on NOT being able to travel on my selected dates. I have since found on line that several people feel that you "count on them not wanting to cancel for fear of not being able to get a flight on their travel dates". I even offered to email or fax my paperwork and email response from Priceline, to your customer service so that they could see what I was seeing. I was told "no, you are absolutely correct, we see that it was offered as first class flight, however you were given economy". I chose your site because I was offered a specific fare and seating at a specific price. You sold me something different. In this country that is called bait and switch and it is illegal. I chose to keep my reservation rather than take a chance on losing my travel dates. I am very disappointed and sad that Priceline has sunk to this level. All you had to do was honor what you sold. Tsk, tsk.
    Unfortunately, as a frequent international and domestic traveller, it is my responsibility, to my friends and family that travel, to make sure that they are aware of this incident. I was even more alarmed when I began checking the internet to find that this is most definitely NOT an isolated case. What is even more important...I kept my cool, never used foul language, agreed to repeated transfers and holds, and did it all with ease and grace hoping that you all would do the right thing; you should have upgraded the seats at the cost that you sold them to me. You still didn't...:(
    As a manager and business owner, myself, when I or someone on my team makes an error or makes a grave customer service mistake, I want to know about it and then take proper measures to correct and thereby deflect a marketing nightmare. I am hoping that, as managers, you all feel the same way. Here's your chance.

Regards,

• Wi
      24th of Sep, 2011

Booked a room for a Nevada hotel and was charged immediatly for it, which is unheard of. Tried changing the date online and thought it happened only to find out it was a no reply email. The customer service number gives you a dead end with no person to work with and says to contact the hotel if a problem. Stuff it we got the money. It also says that if you cancel they will charge you for it. Guess what they did that before the date of arrival. This needs to be spread throught the country. everyone get on your facebooka and any communication tools you have and get these frauds out of business or up for fraud.

• Kb
      27th of Jan, 2014

Had similar experience with TravelWeb.net booking.
    thouhgt we were dealing directly with Days Inn Vancouver Ariport at a quoted price of $82 plus tax. we were Ok with that.
    Assumed we would be charged when we go tot the hotel as we had been in the past.

BUt when our Master Card statement came, we had already been charged for both dates in advance. 6 weeks before the actual stay dates, and in US funds and for more than we thought. We very disappointed in Travel Web and will be VERy careful NOT to book with them again.

Should have thought something was up as the fellow on line asked our last name at least 10 timea s as he could not get the spelling right. Live and learn!!!

24th of Sep, 2015

I am most disappointed with this service. We booked two rooms in Panama City, Fla for my granddaughters cheer competition, I booked it in August for November. we found out on September 23rd that the competition was cancelled, so I tried cancelling the rooms, they said they couldn't. That is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard of. Our hard earned money gone. They charged me at the time I booked it. The reservation was for November. I was given a different phone number each time I talked to someone. I asked who else could I talk to, they said there was no one else to talk to about this. Their customer service stinks. NEVER use them, you'll loose your money!!! They should be ashamed taking people's money.

12th of Oct, 2015

Travelweb (division of Priceline) is a scam. The booking was a breeze and once they had my credit card information it appears that their service ended there. Mainly, I am currently staying through October 14th, 2015 at the Holiday Inn Express Express Hotel & Suites Dallas West (trip# 13946172381) and the purpose of my trip is business for a Texas State University. While it is my fault for having booked with a third party (i.e. Travelweb aka Priceline) and not directly with the hotel ( I needed quick convenient booking online and searched on MapQuest led me to Travelweb - which I did not know at the time) I must say that the service or lack there off from Priceline/Trawelweb is appalling. As I am traveling on business for a State University I have a Texas Hotel Occupancy Tax Exemption Certificate which I attempted to present to the hotel, (as I have done with all my other travel thus far). They of course explained that it was booked through a third party and that I had to contact Travelweb and that they would be happy to work with them if needed. Long story short: was on the phone for 45 minutes with Travelweb/Priceline and they advised me that they do not provide tax exemption. Furthermore, they are unable to provide me with an itemized invoice of my purchase of hotel service (over $550) which would identify what amount of the charges are state taxes, hotel fees and room rates. The fact that they do not have an invoice availability with itemized information regarding what was paid in State Taxes vs. Hotel Fees to me sounds unlawful. I am writing a complaint to the hotel and urging them to remove Priceline/Travelweb as one of their authorized third party companies. I hope that this review will help those individual looking to plan their business travel as quickly and efficiently as possible - IT IS NOT WITH PRICELINE/TRAVELWEB! If you need an itemized hotel invoice for your business offices you will NOT get it as they do not provide it. All you will have is the Summary of Charges you receive upon booking the hotel and you can forget about them providing a service to exempt you from state taxes as it is probably not in their best interest to provide you with this service. Remember all they are out to do is get you to book and enter your credit information - once you have done that there is no going back! As you can see from previous reviews. I strongly AGREE that Priceline/Travelweb is NOT a service provider that values the customer and their overall experience. No repeat business for Priceline/Travelweb from me that is certain.