Travelocitytaken advantage

July 6, 2011

To whom it may concern:
On Friday, June 24, 2011, I made a two night hotel reservations through Travelocity for Quality Inn, Niceville, Florida (Check in June 30. Check out July 2, 2011). The agent took my Visa Debit card #, booking dates, and email address and told me the card would be charged immediately. I was ok with that. When the reservation was complete, the agent asked if she could give me the confirmation number. Because I was driving, I asked if the confirmation could be sent to my email. She stated yes and confirmed my email address. Later Friday evening I checked my email, but Travelocity had sent no confirmation number. I called Travelocity back to notify them that I had not received my confirmation number. The agent I spoke with at that time stated that he did not see a reservation, but still give the confirmation 24 hours to clear. On Monday, June 27, 2011, I decided not to travel during the holidays, so I called Travelocity back to cancel the reservation although I never received an email (I knew the reservation must be canceled within 24 hours). The agent at this time stated she did not see a reservation made under my name. She asked for my email address and card number again to make sure nothing was reserved. She stated nothing was showing up. On Wednesday, June 29, 2011, I called Travelocity again to make sure there was no reservation because I was sure that I would not be traveling to Niceville, Florida on Thursday. The agent this time was a male. He stated there was not a reservation under my name. I clearly asked if our conversation was being recorded (When calling Travelocity the recording states that the conversation is being recorded for quality purposes). He said yes! I asked again for him to repeat that no reservation was made in my name using the card number that I gave the Travelocity agent the first day of contact. He said again no mam. At that time, I was convinced that I would not be charged for a room.
On Tuesday, July 05, 2011, I checked my monthly online bank statement and it displayed a draft posted on July 4, 2011 from Quality Inn, Niceville, Florida. I immediately called Travelocity again and spoke with an agent name Rhonda. She and I talked over fifteen minutes trying to figure out why my account was draft for $115. 54. Rhonda asked me to file a complaint, but I really wanted to talk with a manager. She transferred the call to a manager name Dean. Dean reviewed all my information again, but nothing was solved. He called my bank to confirm what I said was true. He also called the hotel in Niceville, Florida for details. During this time, I was on hold. Dean than switched back to me and stated the manager at the hotel confirmed there was a reservation made and a charge was applied to my card because I never checked in. It sounded as if Dean was not going to solve this very inconvenient matter, so he gave me the hotel manager’s name and phone number to call for myself.
I called Quality Inn hotel manager Berry to get a better understanding as to what may have happen on their end. Berry stated that a reservation was made through a travel agent, but did not have an address nor contact number of the travel agent. He did provide me with a confirmation number that the travel agent sent the hotel during the time the reservation was made. The reservation number is [protected]. I than called Dean back at Travelocity to inform him a reservation was made and a confirmation number was given. Dean asked me to fax or email a receipt showing the draft from my account which I have enclosed in this letter.
I am asking that you please investigate the problem and reimburse me the full the amount drafted from my account. I will also be forwarding a copy of this letter to Consumer Complaints Agency, the National Quality Inn Customer Support, and the Travelocity Complaint Board, the Better Business Bureau, and the Travelocity Headquarters.

Thanks,