Travelocity / hotel stay at radisson decapolis

1 United States

I booked an 8 day reservation through travelocity in may 2017 at the radission decapolis in panama. Pay almost $100.00 per night for bad [protected], which included foul smelling rooms, being looked out of room numerous times, two days without any hot water, served half cooked chicken. Was offered another room, but room offered was worst than the one we were staying in. Wanted to find another hotel, but paid for the entire 8 days up front and radission decapolis, panama wouldn't refund any of our money, stating that we paid travelocity and that they (the hotel) do not have our payment yet from travelocity. Therefore we had no choice but to stay at that hotel.

Below is one of my many correspondences with travelocity. And as of to date nothing has been resolved and none of my money returned or refunded. Travelers please be very careful when booking with travelocity, they willing take all your money up front and when there is a problem, travelocity gives you the run around, and around and does nothing to rectify any problems encountered with bookings through them. Please be forewarned. Travelocity is all ab out getting your money and making sure they keep every penny of it. I have learned my lesson and I will never use travelocity again, they are all about keeping your money no matter what happened with your flight or your hotel. Never, never again, swrew me once, but I will not allow travelocity to do this to me a second time. There customer [protected] is very useless, each time I called I was unable to make sense of all the nonsense I was being fed. Travelers beware.

Following is one of my many emails to travelocity.

Here we are into september, and still no word from travelocity in reference to difficulties with our stay at radisson decapolis panama city back in may, 2018. What is taking so long? This is not the way paying customer are to be treated. We paid the full amount up front for all the days we planed to stay at the hotel, and believe me if we did not pay for all those days up front, we would have left and seek accomodations elsewhere. We were informed that travelocity had collected our money and that travelocity would be paying the hotel and that they did have our money. Now it seems we are getting the same run-a-round from travelocity as we received from the hotel. Radsisson decapolis.
We are in the 21 century, with faxes, email, im's etc. Therefore it is beyond my comprehension why as you state ('you are waiting to hear back from the hotel") it is taking so long for the hotel to respond so this wrong can be rectified, that was fully paid for based on travelocity promotions and collection of our funds. Please settle this wrong asap. I'm tire of these dismissals of responsibilities as it pertains to our monies and difficulties at the hotel.
Also let me know where to fax the letter from the hotel admitting we had problems.
Ms. Reid
I also have in my possession a letter from the hotel apologizing and admitting the problems
On wednesday, august 22, 2018, 10:27:42 pm edt, wrote:
Dear shirley,
We understand your frustration at being made to wait for a long time and not getting your question resolved quickly by us.
Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention and we apologize for the inconvenience this may have cause you. Our record shows that one of our representative already in the process of contacting the property. We will keep you posted once we receive update from them.
Your patience and understanding toward this matter will be highly appreciated.
Jefferson
Travelocity customer [protected] team
— original message —
From: [protected]@yahoo.com
Sent: aug 22, 2018 9:09:59 pm
To: [protected]@travelocitycustomercare.com
Additional recipients:
Subject: re: requested email: hotel billing and refunds - itin: * * * * - case id : [req:s-[protected]]
Belinda:
Please let me know what is going on with my dispute and lack of good [protected] at the radisson decapolis hotel. Someone was suppose to be back in touch with me within 48 hours, and as of to date I have been ignored. I did not hesitate to pay the full hotel price up front. Now that I am trying to recovery some of my payment for bad [protected] it seems i'm being ignored. Please give and update and let me know how much longer do I have to wait.
Shirley
On tuesday, august 14, 2018, 10:01:34 pm edt, wrote:
Dear shirley,
We are still in the process of contacting radisson decapolis panama city for your refund request, please expect an email update from us within the next 24 hours.

I am writing to you because I have not been treated fairly by your customer [protected] department, after numerous emails and producing signed documentation from the hotel manager at panama radisson decapolis acknowledging the incidents. I am seeking a refund of two day of my 8 day stay at the hotel due to problems after problems. I should seek for more days, but we did stay for the 8 day due to prepaying. If we had not prepaid, we would have sought accommodation elsewhere.

Looking forward to having this long overdue issue resolved in my favor due to paying full price and getting bad [protected] and accommodation.

• Updated by Mwell, Jan 06, 2019

I booked an 8 day reservation through Travelocity in May 2017 at the Radission Decapolis in Panama. Pay almost $100.00 per night for bad service, which included foul smelling rooms, being looked out of room numerous times, two days without any hot water, served half cooked chicken. Was offered another room, but room offered was worst than the one we were staying in. Wanted to find another hotel, but paid for the entire 8 days up front and Radission Decapolis, Panama wouldn't refund any of our money, stating that we paid Travelocity and that they (The Hotel)do not have our payment yet from Travelocity. Therefore we had no choice but to stay at that hotel.

Below is one of my many correspondences with Travelocity. and as of to date nothing has been resolved and none of my money returned or refunded. Travelers please be very careful when booking with Travelocity, They willing take all your money up front and when there is a problem, Travelocity gives you the run around, and around and does nothing to rectify any problems encountered with bookings through them. Please be forewarned. Travelocity is ALL AB OUT GETTING YOUR MONEY AND MAKING SURE THEY KEEP EVERY PENNY OF IT. I have learned my lesson and I will NEVER use Travelocity again, they are all about keeping your money no matter what happened with your flight or your hotel. Never, Never again, swrew me once, but i will not allow Travelocity to do this to me a second time . There customer service is very useless, each time I called I was unable to make sense of all the nonsense I was being fed. TRAVELERS BEWARE.

• Updated by Mwell, Jan 06, 2019

Travelocity took our money upfront for travel and hotel, Hotel stay at Radission Decapolis Panama was very troublesome, with receiving a fowl smelling room, being looked out of room on numerous occasions, due to door key constantly malfunctioning, days without hot water, going to bed without shower due to no hot water. ordered dinner, and the chicken was not cooked all the way through. Complained to Hotel management, offered another room, but it was worst than the first room. Relayed all encounters to Travelocity, and as of this date absolutely nothing has been done to rectify the problem. wrote the CEO, never heard back from. Please do not book hotel or travel through Travelocity, because if you encounter any problems, all Travelocity will do for you is IGNORE you, give you the run around and nothing else. Travelers please do not use this agency for travel or Hotels, and never pay for entire hotel stay up front, that way you can always leave and find a better hotel to stay at.

• Updated by Mwell, Jan 06, 2019

I booked an 8 day reservation through Travelocity in May 2017 at the Radission Decapolis in Panama. Pay almost $100.00 per night for bad [protected], which included foul smelling rooms, being looked out of room numerous times, two days without any hot water, served half cooked chicken. Was offered another room, but room offered was worst than the one we were staying in. Wanted to find another hotel, but paid for the entire 8 days up front and Radission Decapolis, Panama wouldn't refund any of our money, stating that we paid Travelocity and that they (The Hotel)do not have our payment yet from Travelocity. Therefore we had no choice but to stay at that hotel.

Below is one of my many correspondences with Travelocity. and as of to date nothing has been resolved and none of my money returned or refunded. Travelers please be very careful when booking with Travelocity, They willing take all your money up front and when there is a problem, Travelocity gives you the run around, and around and does nothing to rectify any problems encountered with bookings through them. Please be forewarned. Travelocity is ALL AB OUT GETTING YOUR MONEY AND MAKING SURE THEY KEEP EVERY PENNY OF IT. I have learned my lesson and I will NEVER use Travelocity again, they are all about keeping your money no matter what happened with your flight or your hotel. Never, Never again, swrew me once, but i will not allow Travelocity to do this to me a second time . There customer [protected] is very useless, each time I called I was unable to make sense of all the nonsense I was being fed. TRAVELERS BEWARE.

Following is one of my many emails to Travelocity.

Here we are into September, and still no word from Travelocity in reference to difficulties with our stay at Radisson Decapolis Panama City back in May, 2018. What is taking so long? This is not the way paying customer are to be treated. We paid the full amount up front for all the days we planed to stay at the hotel, and believe me if we did not pay for all those days up front, we would have left and seek accomodations elsewhere. We were informed that Travelocity had collected our money and that Travelocity would be paying the hotel and that they did have our money. Now it seems we are getting the same run-a-round from Travelocity as we received from the hotel.Radsisson Decapolis.
    We are in the 21 century, with faxes, email, IM's etc. therefore it is beyond my comprehension why as you state ('you are waiting to hear back from the hotel") it is taking so long for the hotel to respond so this wrong can be rectified, that was fully paid for based on Travelocity promotions and collection of our funds. Please settle this wrong ASAP. I'm tire of these dismissals of responsibilities as it pertains to our monies and difficulties at the hotel.
    Ms. Reid
    On Wednesday, August 22, 2018, 10:27:42 PM EDT, wrote:
    Dear Shirley,
    Your patience and understanding toward this matter will be highly appreciated.
    Jefferson
    Travelocity Customer Service Team
    -----Original Message-----
    From: [protected]@yahoo.com
    Sent: Aug 22, 2018 9:09:59 PM
    To: [protected]@travelocitycustomercare.com
    Additional Recipients:
    Subject: Re: Requested Email: Hotel Billing and Refunds - Itin: **** **** **** **** - Case ID : [REQ:S-166539324]
    Belinda:
    Please let me know what is going on with my dispute and lack of good [protected] at the Radisson Decapolis Hotel. Someone was suppose to be back in touch with me within 48 hours, and as of to date I have been ignored. I did not hesitate to pay the full hotel price up front. Now that I am trying to recovery some of my payment for BAD [protected] it seems I''m being ignored. Please give and update and let me know how much longer do I have to wait.
    Shirley
    On Tuesday, August 14, 2018, 10:01:34 PM EDT, wrote:
    Dear Shirley,
    We are still in the process of contacting Radisson Decapolis Panama City for your refund request, please expect an email update from us within the next 24 hours.

I am writing to you because I have not been treated fairly by your customer [protected] department, after numerous emails and producing signed documentation from the hotel manager at Panama Radisson Decapolis acknowledging the incidents. I am seeking a refund of two day of my 8 day stay at the hotel due to problems after problems. I should seek for more days, but we did stay for the 8 day due to prepaying. If we had not prepaid, we would have sought accommodation elsewhere.

Mw