Travelocity / rip off

United States Review updated:
I got a promotional email from Travelocity with a $100 coupon if I book a four nights hotel stay. Good deal? Not in Travelocity Universe! While booking there was no box provided for a promotional code to enter so I called their Indian customer service, and spent an hour and a half on the phone, trying to explain what I'm trying to do, the guy was putting me on hold every two minutes for 15 minutes, finally he agreed, they have a technical problem on the site, which prevents people entering promotional codes. Nice? It gets better! When I asked him to book it for me, and seating on hold for another 30 minutes, he came back to me saying: this code is invalid. I read him the entire email including the disclaimer, and then he said, I need to print it out and fax it to him, and he'll get back to me in couple of days! Why fax? Because they don't deal with emails! These are his words! I couldn't take it any longer, I booked this hotel on Hotels.com and guess what? It was cheaper! I just don't understand how a company with such attitude towards customers can stay in business?
Va

Comments

Ly
  24th of Apr, 2009
Yes, i have just experience a similar problem with this Travelocity. I booked airline tickets and hotel with them. I missed my fight and was unable to go on the vacation this weekend. I called Travelocity because i feel that they advised me wrong on the flight information. I stayed on hold multiple times, the lady would get back on and tell me she couldn't help me, i told her that i felt like i should get some kind of refund because i hold them responsible. I was told the same thing over and over again, of course after multiple times on hold. I then got wise to the customer service run around and asked to speak to her supervior, on hold again for a long time, then a man gets on and hear the same deal from him. It was a mess, my trip San Franisco was ruinned.

I will never use them again and am trying to dispute the credit card charge.

Lynn, in Oklahoma City
Ro
  4th of Jun, 2010
I had some issues booking a flight from El Paso Texas to Reno Nevada on June 2nd 2010. I had to reset my preferences according to their website, after several attempts to book the flight information finally set it for the correct date. I booked my flight for June 3 2010.

The website booked me for June 2nd 2010

nobody showed to pick up ticket so it got canceled. We drove over 3 1/2 hours from another state on JUNE 3rd 2010 to get to the airport and there was no ticket to pick up because of their website issue.

I called them and figured they could just fix it and get me on the plane I booked... DIDN'T HAPPEN LIKE THAT AT ALL...

I HAD TO PAY $310.00 MORE FOR THE CHANGE, THEY REFUSED TO ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THEY WERE GETTING A REPORT THEIR SYSTEM WAS NOT WORKING PROPERLY AND I HAD TO WAIT 2 MORE DAYS FOR THEIR ISSUE/BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE. THEY SEEM TO APOLOGIZE A WHOLE LOT BUT DON'T REALLY HELP THE SITUATION.

I AM TELLING EVERYONE I CAN POSSIBLY THINK TO TELL ABOUT WHAT A TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE THIS HAS BEEN.

I will never use them again and I hope if there are issues someone sues.

Travelocity Logo Travelocity