Travelocitycontinual spam

D Review updated:

Regrettably we chose Travelocity for airline tickets. We have been continually spammed ever since. Checking their UNSUBSCRIBE box does nothing but make all email from everyone disappear until the browser is restarted and then they continue on as nothing happened. Next time I fire up the computer in comes another spam. I wish I had checked the complaint files as I regret having chosen them. Be forewarned, they are crooked and will not be used for any future flights.

• A
      Feb 14, 2013

I have the same issue. After several attempt to unsubscribe via email and also my online account. Finally I called the customer service. Then, I heard surprising words from a service representative. There is only one way to stop the unwanted email. Send request to [protected]@travelocity.com. I asked her what is the purpose of "Opt-out" and "Unsubscribe" options at the bottom of email. Then, she hang up. I called again and she hang up again. So, my interpretation is that they ignore "Opt-out" and "Unsubscribe" request via link in the email. They do so purposefully.

• I
      Jul 13, 2013

I have been trying to unsubscribe by clicking on the "Unsubscribe" and "Opt-Out" links on the bottom of the email to no avail. Thank you for the information above; I will try to email [protected]@travelocity.com, but at this point I'm not hoping much from this company that really "values privacy".

Might be better off filtering all emails from *.travelocity.com, or marking them as spam!

• D
      Oct 22, 2013

I 100% agree with this issue. I have opened more than one support case emailing [protected]@travelocity.com documenting this issue in detail and calling Travelocity on more than one occasion. As of today my problem is still not resolved.

• P
      Feb 08, 2016

I notified Travelocity "[protected]@travelocity.com" to unsubscribe me. They replied it would take 10 days - goodness knows why a one minute computer operation requires 10 days!! However, it is now well over 10 days and I am still receiving their spam. I notified them again 2 days ago, but once again they ignored my request to unsubscribe as I got more spam today. This company has the most deplorable attitude to their former customers. I can only warn prospective Travelocity customers that their requests will be treated with contempt by this company, unless presumably, Travelocity stands to profit directly.

• P
      Feb 08, 2016

Actually, the Travelocity email address I used to try to unsubscribe was: "[protected]@travelocitycustomercare.com".
    They received it okay and replied, they just didn't do what I asked and what they said they would do.

• I
      Jun 08, 2016

I totally agree - I 'unsubscribed' from Travelocity at least 5 times and keep on getting spam emails.
    Now I added 'travelocity' to be treated as 'junk' on my Mozilla Thunderbird email account. Hope this helps