Travelocity / scam and lies
I bought a round trip refundable ticket from travelocity.com in september 2008 for a 1 month vacation to the uk. The refund info says you can request a refund for your ticket up to 24 hours before your flight. When it was almost time for me to return back to the states, I decided to stay a couple more weeks, so I requested the refund. They told me it would be 7-14 business days and the money would be put back on my credit card for the return portion of the flight. That was fine with me. After 3 weeks and no money, I called again. They said the refund hadn't been processed because to technical difficulties, and that it would be another 7-14 business day wait.
In short, I am still waiting for my refund - and its almost february. After numerous calls, hours spent on hold, at least 10 different customer service reps, I still have not received one penny. They have promised me the money on several occasions and several different time frames, but still nothing. I have run out of money and cannot legally work here, since I am on a travel visa (which is on the brink of expiring, then I risk being deported, fun!). I am living with people I have met on my journey who feel sorry for me and have let me stay with them until this is resolved. I lost my job because I was unable to return to the states on time to go back to work. My family has had to move my things out of the house I was renting and rent it to someone else.
Needless to say, travelocity ruined my holiday. I have filed a complaint with the bbb and have hopes that I get my money back soon. I recommend not doing business with them - as their customer service is awful, the flights are not good, and obviously they do not live up to their promises.
More Travelocity Complaints & Reviews
- Travelocity - quick to take your money, will not refund it 
- Travelocity - website misleading price quotes 
- Travelocity - lack of response and empathy! 
- Travelocity - ticket refund 
- Travelocity - travelocity sucks and has horrible customer service! 
- Travelocity - car rental
- Travelocity - refused a refund
- Travelocity - aig travel insurance and deceptive and deceptive and discriminatory practices by travelocity
- Travelocity - change/cancellation of a flight
- Travelocity - days inn by wyndham cleveland lakewood hotel, cleveland, oh