[Resolved] Travelgeniolying about flight date change cost and not replying to email after they failed to make me buy the ticket with wrong price

I booked the return flights from Incheon to Heathrow. I took the flight from Incheon to Heathrow on January this year, and I still have a ticket from Heathrow, UK to Incheon (Seoul) on July 1st. Due to my circumstances (injuries), I tried to change the flight date, so I contacted the travelgenio through the email.
I got an email that I only need to pay 155 Euros to change the flight date to June 26th.
This is what I got as an email : "for In reply to your request we have verified the least expensive date would be the following: BA 17 Q - 26JUN - LHR-ICN - 12:35 - 07:30 Based on the airline's fare rules, the requested change costs 118.00 EUR penalty + 7.00 EUR fare difference + 30.00 EUR service fee. Total amount per passenger: 155 EUR".

Since this was reasonable amount, I tried to make a payment. When I called the company using the international call, the call just suddenly stopped and went off so I couldn't talk to the agent. So I sent them the email again, whether if it is possible to confirm the payment via email.

6 hours later, they sent me an email that I can confirm the payment via email, but I need to pay "1144.93 Euros based on the airline's fare rules (118.00 EUR penalty + 996.93 EUR fare difference + 30.00 EUR service fee))."

I think this is literally nonsense. I have some friends and relatives working in the travel agent, and they said that 1000 euros of flight fare differences in 6 hours is impossible. I also checked the British Airways flight fare just in case, and the price on the websites were still the same. I was very anxious and sent them the email again, saying that please explain to me what's going on. However, I didn't get any reply for whole day, so I wrote them the email three times, and called them three times, but the call just stopped during the call and went off, so I couldn't make any progress.
Today, I sent an email to different email address, but still didn't get any reply. I'm so upset about this situation, and I think this is not the right way for a company to deal with its customers. I hope that customer service reads this complaint, and resolve this issue as fast they can.

Travelgenio
Travelgenio

• Resolution statement

• TravelGenio Customer Care's Response, May 26, 2018

Hi Jaewoo, of course we can help you with your booking. Please send us a mail to customer.[protected]@travelgenio.com with all your doubts and we will answer you asap. Regards

• TravelGenio Customer Care's Response, May 26, 2018

Hi Jeewoo Kim, of course we can help you with your booking schedule changes. Please send us a mail to customer.[protected]@travelgenio.com with your booking reference and the changes you want to make and we will inform you about the changes possibilities of your ticket rate and, if they are allowed, the conditions for the changes. Regards

Je
May 25, 2018

Comments

•   May 27, 2018

If your travel agent fails to resolve the issue within next 48 hours following your request for a reasonable fare,
    I invite you to send
    1) your e-ticket in full
    2) their receipt (-s) in full
    3) your full data, including name, phone, email, time of contact expl 18:00 - 22:00
    4) the above compalint
    5) 2 replies by the travel agent, if you have them. If you do not, no problem.

For a smal fee (EUR35 +10% of claim after the case is over) we can apply to the authority for the legal decision on the compensation for such possble unfair acts.

Note, if you have flights during the next few weeks, it is likely, that the cheapest tariffs can not be avalable,
    thus your claim can not be sucessfull in outcome.

Regards,
    for IATA/ICAO irregulations matters
    e-mail: aryan(at)vivaldi.net / substitue (at)[email protected]

• Ir
      May 30, 2018

Could you please help. On Sunday 27th May I booked and paid for a Reservation LHR to Johannesburg 14 Dec2018 on Saudi Airlines.
    The advertised price was £333.42 one way.
    I opted for the Basic Insurance which cost £23.95
    I did NOT opt for any other extras that were offered. TRAVELGENIO confirmed that.
    The TOTAL should so far have been £357.37
    I opted to pay by VISA card... My TOTAL PAID SUDDENLY ESCALATED TO £ 425.92
    TRAVELGENIO therefore charged me £67.63 VISA Card fee. This equates to 20% of the airfare!
    I rang the Customer Service No and the lady insisted rudely that the charge was made by the bank, not by TRAVELGENIO.
    I contacted my bank who said they have nothing to do with visa card charges -the Travel Agent charges that fee.
    After 4 attempts to speak to someone at TRAVELGENIO today - I merely held on waiting for no less than 15 minutes each time... No one taking the call.
    My booking Reference is WF50EA
    I e-mailed TRAVELGENIO at Customer Care on Monday, as yet have no reply.
    Could you please advise how I can get TRAVELGENIO to explain their exorbitant Visa card fee.
    Many thanks
    Irene

•   May 30, 2018

I did not not see the screen and I do not see the documents.
    Did you the amount, which had paid by your own eyas.
    if not, you can claim a refund in full.

The problem for agency is:
    - the agency staff does not know the merachnt screen completely.
    - the agency staff (accountant) can the creditted amount / the debitted from your card

According to you, they refused to refund.
    So you can esclate a legal procedure for refund.
    As you can see above, I provide service for charge.
    The procedure for calaimg of the small amounts can go via different resolution makers in UK, not via the general court.

According to you, they refused to refund.
    So you can esclate a legal procedure for refund.
    As you can see above, I can provide service on the reimbursement for charge.

Regards,
    for IATA/ICAO irregulations matters
    e-mail: aryan(at)vivaldi.net

•   May 30, 2018

* Did you see the amount, which had paid by your own eyas?
    If not, you can claim a refund in full.

•   May 30, 2018

** booking Reference WF50EA + above full name of passenger are not recorded in any reservation system
    bye.