Travelgenio / incorrect price

1 Amsterdam, Netherlands Review updated:

I purchased 2 tickets to fly from Istanbul to Skopje from travel2be website on June 12th. The flight is for August 12 at 7 am. The advertised amount on the website for two tickets is 268.34 EUR, however my credit card was charged an additional 65 EUR fee on top of the advertised flight tickets .I have attached a screenshot showing the final amount on the website, you can see above the credit card information request and below is the total amount advertised for this flight. I have contacted travel2be, and their customer service is not being helpful. They are giving short answers. I have also attached the correspondence. I would like to have the 65 EUR credited back to my account. This is basically a scam. Online travel agencies should charge for what they advertise, and not for some additional fee after you give them your credit card information.

Travelgenio

Ay
Jul 28, 2015

Comments

• Ca
      15th of Feb, 2016

Travelgenio is a scam! DO NOT USE THEM!

I paid extra & purchased a flexi ticket - 3 weeks before my travel date I tried to change my flight times. I emailed customer service with my request - they wanted charge me an extra $1120. AUD, saying that the flights I requested were that much more expensive.

I sent them a screen shot that showed the flights I wanted were only $20.AUD, extra. They told me the only option I had was to contact the airline, so I did, the airline altered my flight for a total of $170AUD. Thankyou Virgin Australia!!!

When I was trying to negotiate my request with Travelgenio it would take them 2 hours to respond to my emails and even then they would not answer my questions. Save yourself the hassle and do not use Travelgenio.

Does anyone know if there is a place that I can report Travelgenio so that other people do not get caught?

• Mm
      14th of Feb, 2017

The exact same thing happened to me right now! I selected to buy 2 return tickets from Ljubljana to Brussels and the complete price was supposed to be 460 euros (It said 484 euros minus 24 euros discount because I chose Travelgenio). I proceeded the paying and recieved an automatic message on my self phone saying that my credit card was charged for 493, 60 euros. What a rip-off!

• Ir
      30th of May, 2018

@M-m I have just had the same experience! After giving my VISA card details the price escalated by £67.00 ! I have checked with other Travel Agents and they assure me that there should be NO VISA fee on a Debit card if the Travel Agents Bank account is in the EU. I was told by a Staff Member at TRAVELGENIO that their Bank Account is in Spain, which is part of the EU. This is totally unacceptable... I am waiting for a reply as have lodged a formal complaint on this site

• Ha

TICKET:077-1627817392 - eisawi dareen
    TICKET:077-1627817394 - eisawi taraf

28January

Dear Mr. / Ms. Eisawi,

Thank you for contacting Travelgenio / Travel2Be.

In reply to your request, we would like to inform you that based on the airline’s fare rules the cost of the cancellation would be the following:

120 EUR penalty per passenger.
    30 EUR service fee per passenger.

Once the airline authorizes the refund, the amount will be reimbursed to the original payment method. In some cases the refund will be made directly by the airline. The time of the refund will depend on the liquidation period of the card and this can sometimes delay the refund.
    Waiting for your instructions.

Adrián
    Customer Service Representative
    www.travelgenio.com & www.travel2be.com

30 january

Dear Mr. Adrian,
    May I know how much money return to me? Also I want to print to your kind notice that I renew my master card and my question is " is there any problem of that? And do have to provide the new number of master card?

Thanks
    Best wishes
    Hassan

30 january

contactrt
    I forget to remind you that among nine tickets three are children so the penelty should be according to price of that age's tickets. Am I right

3 February

Dear Mr. / Ms. Eisawi,

We would like to inform you taht for the children it will be the same penalty to be applied. Only for infants can be waived.

For hence, the penalty and Travelgenio fees will be deducted from the price of the ticket and the rest will be reimbursed on the original payment method.

Please let us know how to proceed.

Best Regards,

4 february

contactrt
    Dear respected customer services representitives
    Please answer my simple question which is " How much money will refund? "

h.a.eisawi‏
    5 february

contactrtěî contactrt
    Please do what so ever necessary to refund my money in easiest and fastest way

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

20 february

Dear Mr. / Ms. Eisawi,

Thank you for your reply.

We would like to inform you that we have received your confirmation to cancel the booking. Following your request, we have cancelled your booking and we have managed the refund request to the airline.

Dear respected customer services,
    Adrian
    Denisa
    Ana Maria
    we are e-mailing to each other for the last 4-7 days to solve the issue of refunding these 9 tickets and the result is nothing. please do the necessary action and let me know.

TICKET:077-1627817386 - eisawi hassan
    TICKET:077-1627817393 - eisawi mawadah
    TICKET:077-1627817392 - eisawi dareen
    TICKET:077-1627817394 - eisawi taraf

Dear Mr. Eisawi,

Thank you for contacting Travelgenio.

We are pleased to inform you that the amount was successfully refunded the 28-02-2017.

Pilar
    Customer Service Supervisor
    Travelgenio.com
    Travel2be.com

THESE ARE PART OF MY STRANGLING WITH THE GROUP OF CUSTOMER SERVICES OF TRAVELGINIO AGENCY