Travel Work Play / American Cash Rewards

West Bend
I had a young girl knock on my door with a wonderful, bubbly personality. She was asking me to subscribe to some magazines for a cancer fundraiser and help her win a contest. I thought sure, no problem. I'm helping you out and helping cancer patients. Little did i know, it was all a scam! I believed every word she said. I picked out three magazine and the total was $164. Woah, a little pricey, don't ya think. At the end i knocked it down to one, which was still kind of pricey. My final total ended up being $64 and i ended up writing a check out to her. Horrible mistake! Once i gave her the check, she was in a hurry to get out and leave and get picked up. I went inside looked over the receipet and the website. Realized it was a scam! I didn't know what to do so i called up my bank in tears asking them what i could do. They told me they would be freezing my account until i opened a new one. I'm still worried they will somehow get the money and screw me over! If anyone come to your door and mentions TRAVEL WORK PLAY, FACE TO FACE TECHNOLOGIES, OR AMERICAN CASH REWARDS, don't fall for it. It's just a scam. I had to learn the hard way.

N  29th of Dec, 2008 by

Travel Work Play - Unauthorized charges
Travel Work Play

A young African American girl was selling magazine subscriptions in late May to earn money to go to school/college. I never received the magazine and I'm out $65.00.
A  21st of Sep, 2009 by
I just got visited down in Houston, Texas by the same scam. They are very persuasive and talk a good game. Only when I pulled out my iPhone to act like i was returning messages and pulled up the bogus website, was I certain something smelled.