[Resolved] Travel Smart VIP Vacation Clubthey lied

For those who are planing to visit the Bahama, please be aware of those people which works for vacation club such as Travel Smart VIP Vacation Club in Freeport Bahama. They will invite you to come and see what they have to offer you, so you can fall into their trap of purchasing a vacation package, they will try to explain in detail what they have for you. But if you fall into it, the chances are that no one will call you or help you to arrange the vacation that you want.. Also please don't let them hook you on this trap, especially if thy bring into the picture their manager by the name of Mr. Andrew Styles the so called member services manager, this guy is very rude to people who already bought into these packages, and he or his staff will not help out in anyway what so ever, they lied from the minute you signed that contract. We have send them so many emails, and faxes that we had to have our attorney involved. PLEASE PEOPLE BE CAREFUL WHEN VACATIONING FREEPORT BAHAMAS.

• Resolution statement

TravelSmart VIP Vacations customer care service did everything in their power to resolve this complaint. All attempts to contact the complaint author have failed. Therefore, this complaint has been annulled and must not be considered where company image and it's services are concerned.

Ra
Aug 08, 2015

Comments

• Iv
      Sep 22, 2015

Hi, I have the same experience. I tried to reach somebody responsible for a month. NO relevant answers only nonsense they will fulfill all my dreams... Do you know any link to anybody responsible for cancelation of the agreement? thank you Ivan, Norway

• The user did not respond to the messages. The review should not be taken into consideration.

Jan 03, 2016

We are both seniors from canada and we too fell into their trap. We spent 10, 000 dollars on this membership and are trying to cancel but no one seems to respond to our numerous emails. We were at the Memories of Grand Bahamas and were taken in by their lies. Nothing is true. We can book on line for less - found this out once we came home. Please if anyone who knows how to get our money back please post it as we cannot afford a lawyer. Thanks

• El
      Jan 04, 2016

CONTACT TO YOUR BANK IMMIDIATELY AND OPEN THE DISPUTE.Send to travel smart email with cancelation of contract and with note, that you do not authorize any future payments.Do the claim of fraud to government security commissions of Canada, go to public at cbc news.
    Do not wait, act immidiately

• Ro
      Feb 19, 2016

Am from Canada and am trying to get in contact with people who have been scammed by Travel Smart to gather their information. My hopes are to see if a lawyer can be found that would be willing to do a class action lawsuit against Travel Smart/Sun Wing/Signature Vacations/RCI.
    Contact is [protected]@gmail.com.

• Ce
      Mar 13, 2016

hi . any news about what happened with them. were you able to you cancel your membership . had the same probleme with them end up cost me more for vacation . can't believed sunwing is in this. i keep sending email to them with no answer. they are getting very bad reputation. won't travel with sunwing anymore.

• Mo
      Apr 02, 2016

Any news? Were you able to cancel your membership? ?? We need help!!!

• Cj
      Apr 19, 2016

I have had the same experience but this large company are getting away with misspelling! I paid £2000 and I have used none of there services they have now cancelled my membership with no refund for challenging their charges. I propose we come together and mount a legal challenge. Who's in? There is strength in numbers.

Aug 04, 2017

@CJ Action Now I'm in. I am in the same situation. We are many with the same problem, lets be together.

• Mo
      Aug 24, 2017

@CJ Action Now I am in, we have been members for 3 years, with some challenges, but now it is even worse, as we have been unable to make any bookings, with all the money we put in

Aug 24, 2017

@Monia Jouini Bierman I'm traying to contact some atorneys if we can be many again them maybe we will have a chance to win.

• Cj
      Apr 19, 2016

Hi guys, I just found this site and posted but I don't know what happen to my post. So to reiterate same happen to me scammed out of £2000 in Jamica by Travel Smart, they have now cancelled my membership.

I'm from the UK (london) anyone putting together a lawsuit I would like to be involved. Travel Smart VIP are discussing - contact me [protected]@googlemail.com - also, everyone tweet and Facebook Travel smart VIP boombared all there social media with posts about them scamming unknowing customers

• Jl
      Apr 21, 2016

I'm hoping I dodged a bullet by finding this page. I just signed up for TravelSmart on 4/19 and due to my mother feeling sick yesterday, I stayed in and researched this company. Nothing I found was positive and that scares me. I signed up for the RCI credit card for the down payment and promptly cancelled the card before any charges were made to the account. I am wondering, though, how those above were notified of cancellation for nonpayment. I would like to send letters to any and all addresses registered. The only address listed on my contract is in Mexico which scares me as to the legitimacy of sending mail there as we were told Sunwing is a Canadian company. However, if this is the only address I have, I will send a certified letter to that address (not even sure that's possible in Mexico). Thanks in advance for any assistance given.

• Du
      May 16, 2016

I am from Ontario Canada. We fell for this at Chic in Punta Cana in February of 2014. We have paid over $10, 000 and are desperate to get out of this contract. We still have $25, 000 left to pay and it keeps coming off my credit card. has anyone just cancelled their credit cards? What can we do? Let's band together and go public with this scam!

• Ze
      Jun 01, 2016

Just came back from a cruise to the Bahamas yesterday. Man approached about a great offer and if listen to the "90 minute" presentation they would pay for our taxi to the resort and back and we would be able to enjoy all of the resort amenities for the rest of the day. The 90-minute presentation turned into over 4 hours. Which wasted most of my only island day. Asked questions about their airfare which is sun wing (never heard of them) because in their pitch they said because they own everything they cut out the "middle man". Could not answer and would not answer where sun wing flys out of. (After Google research, they primary fly out of Canada.) We then continue to tell the sale lady that we are no longer interested because it sounded good, but wanted to do more research before we committed to buying anything. manager personality completely changed towards us... No longer friendly and the manager actually walked away and completely ignored us. Even the sales lady would not look us in the eye as if we had just taken food from her mouth.

Jun 08, 2016

We just got back from our vacation to Grand memories with my husband and 2 kids. We fell for the pressure and signed up on our last day of our vacation. After reading these reviews, I sent an email to cancel. I am within the 7 day cancelation period. I also blocked my credit card to prevent anymore payments. They already took my down payment. Is there anything I should do to expedite my refund? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• Mi
      Dec 21, 2016

@Jojofrande Advise your credit card immideately. We did receive some partial refund and later VISA said they 'lost' the case and we lost around 500 canadiam dollars together with the fee that was not reimbursed as per Travel Smart contract. We wrote emails to Sunwings, Travel smart, but they said everything was done correctly. They are working together and they scammed us. I am not using any more Sunwings services. Hope you have a better luck!

• Em
      Jun 12, 2016

hi me and my partner got scammed by this shameful company in january.we fell for it all it sounds like a very good deal wen there plying you with drinks, we spent £15000 gbp on our membership. wen we got back to our room i researched what we had just bought on the internet to find everything i read was bad and we had been scammed.
    the next day i went to the office that had sold me this rubbish, and demanded that i want to cancel. they tried to fool me at this time telling me what i had read was wrong and assured me it was all legit. I went back to our room and rang there office in mexico and said i would like to book, then found out all the extra charges and fees they charge, it adds up to more than we paid for the holiday we was on.
    so now we was determined to get our money back, me and my partner went to the office and threatened to tell everyone what they was really being sold, they threatened us with the police saying we was in there country, so they hushed us in a side room where the manager was being really vile and aggressive to my partner screaming in our faces, after several arguments and i mean arguments the staff were very aggressive and offensive,
    thay agreed to give us a refund.
    but they would keep 15% or we could transfer it to a smaller membership so we don't loose out ha.so we agreed and put our cancellation in writing
    which they said was faxed off, after several days on edge waiting for the refund it was finally refunded.
    THIS IS A TOTAL SCAM PLEASE DON'T FALL FOR IT.

• We
      Jun 20, 2016

This is a very interesting read, I am in the middle of a debate with Travel Smart with regards to a membership that we signed up for last October, everything was fine until March this year when they claimed that our debit payment had been declined from our bank - since then it has been a shambles. They have hit us with late fees, annual club fees demanding payment. I should point out there has always been funds available for payment - I have lost all faith in trying to rectify this situation being back and forth with emails - that are barely English from the Travel Smart end. I want to be refunded for all charges and any money that we have paid in. Its a joke, we haven't even tried to book anything yet - could you imagine how that would play out! I am not sure what can be done from here on in other than plaster it all over social media, write to the director of Travel Smart (if there is one) and push it out over a very active Trip Advisor account. Any suggestions welcome!

• Jc
      Jul 07, 2016

Before I became a member I was told that I had the flexibility of making reservations. Not True!! I called to make a reservation and they said the week was available. The next day I received an email stating that the week was not available. They continued to tell me that I have to book 6 months in advanced. I got the membership, primarily because of the flexibility. This was not apart of my contract agreement!! There is no flexibility. The customer service representatives are rude and do not want to listen and pretty much tell you that you are lying and that it was not apart of your agreement. One representative went as far as to tell me that I will not get my money back after I asked to cancel my membership. I continued to ask for a number to cancel services and he said there is no number!! VIP Travel Smart are so rude!!! They LIE!!!

• Mr
      Jan 21, 2017

I purchased a TravelSmart Membership in December of 2015. I have not used any of our weeks yet, so I do not have any positive or negative experiences to share with regards to using our membership. However, I have experienced problems with their annual membership fee. The fee is due by the end of January. Since we purchased our membership in December, we were never notified that the annual payment was due in January 2016. It wasn't until I received notice in November 2016, that our 2017 annual fee was due by January 2017, that I noticed that our 2016 fees had not been paid (again - I was never notified about this fee after purchasing the membership or how to make payment). On top of this, there was a $120 late fee penalty. I called TravelSmart and explained the situation and asked them how I was supposed to know how to make payment since nothing was ever sent to me about the fee being due in January 2016 or where I could go to see my statement and make payment. Their response was that the contract stated there would be an annual fee (which it did) so I should have taken it upon myself to call them and ask when and how this payment should be made. I told them that after spending over 5 hours with the representative when purchasing our membership and trying to simply understand the complexities of the membership, the annual membership fee was not top of mind coming out of our meeting. After explaining the situation to TravelSmart they essentially blamed me for the problem and would not fully waive the late payment fee. I suspect this happens to many people who purchase a membership in the November-January timeframe, since TravelSmart only sends out notices about the annual fee in November, which is 11 months after the previous year's payment is due. On top of this, I never received any notice that my annual payment had not been paid and late fees were accruing every month. So buyer beware about the annual fees - especially if you purchase a membership in the November-January time period. You will have to call TravelSmart by January 31st to make your first annual fee payment.

• Sc
      Feb 15, 2017

STAY AWAY FROM TRAVEL SMART!!! My husband and I signed a contract after what seems like their usual MO. We were there for hours and the drinks keep coming. It wasn't until after the 5 day cancellation period did we start having problems. I called them to find out the information to make a payment and to make a reservation. I was told that arrangements could be made for me but not my husband, as we are leaving from two different countries. This has lead to over a month of stressful communication and broken promises. Now they won't refund our annual fee or our "buy in". Stating that customers don't get a refund. We signed the contact on December 31, 2016. Mysteriously, no correspondence between the company and I until I stated calling every other day then started to email. Please, please save yourself the trouble and get out NOW! Nothing is as they say, NO one will answer the phones and aren't willing to help. One representative told me that we all have our own jobs. Great! You have our money but can't make arrangements for my husband to travel and now won't return our money. Stay away!!

Jun 06, 2017

@S Clarke Did anybody receive a "Barclay RCI credit card" to assist with Down Payment?
    I am unable to get a hold of Travel Smart people except though emails and they only reply to mine asking me for new credit card number for my monthly dues. I refuse to continue to pay and want to cancel my membership and credit card which now has a balance of $1600 used by Travel Smart SCAM. please help

Mar 25, 2017

While I understand the issue of not receiving a statement from TSVIP regardling the annual fee, I was lucky enough to log into my account and see the charge. I had to call them anyway, so I paid my fee and they waived my late charges. Fair enough. We purchased our membership last August, and I had 2nd thoughts the next day after reading some reviews. I thought much of what was said in the reviews, was mostly not understanding how the program works. I can see why - the sales team is good at what they do but I didn't feel I was lied to because I understood exactly what I was purchasing. So I went back the next day and renegotiated my contract, using a full payment promise within 30 days as my leverage. Now a couple of months later, I wanted to look at options for a 5 night getaway but was unable to access my RCI or OwnersLink accounts. I didn't want to start using my points until 2017. When I realized that it was going to take a little research and more than 1 phone call to resolve my issues, I went ahead and booked a resort under the Royalton brand via a popular travel website. I continued to pursue the issues, and once my home resort in Jamaica got involved, along with the TS manager at the resort I was going to, I was given a multi-level upgrade and received all of my club privileges. Fair enough (again). Now, I don't think I should have to jump through hoops in order to feel satisfied with my investment, but I am hopeful, moving forward, things will run smoothly. If this club is going to piggyback Sunwing and more importantly, Royalton and RCI, they will continue to strive towards customer service excellence. My advice to people who are considering this investment is to ask questions until you understand how it works and what you're getting ... and read what you're signing. Being worn down from hours of presentation is no excuse for not reading your entire contract! I just booked a vacation week without any issues. As a matter of fact, the reservation agent was very helpful, making suggestions and explaining options in great detail for me to consider. I really appreciated that and that is exactly the kind of service I'd like to receive every time I call. And people should know, if you want to buy into a travel club, perhaps start at the bottom and see if you and the club are the right fit - you can always buy more time and points.

• Sl
      Apr 01, 2017

Travel Smart is a bad business deal in my opinion. I concur with the reviews above. They do have a way to Coerce individuals to buy the travel packages. We were smart enough to walk away and do research so never let anyone force you or trick you into selling you anything. Any business that cannot be researched is NOT a good deal. The SCAM part is that if you do purchase and cancel you will have to pay a fee that will not be refunded. Why is that? By the way, I impressed the sales rep so good and her bosses that they were agreeing with me that the deal had holes and they couldn't stop me. They first said we would lose the deal (I.e., promotion) if we left but I told them that doesn't make any sense. There is no policy that they can't honor the deal the next day. So, based on all of this, do not purchase until you are willing to deal with the realization of bad business with a scam attached. Don't drink either doing any business deal...not wise!

• Er
      Oct 27, 2017

So what happens if you just quit paying? I know you lose your initial investment, but you don't lose anymore.

Sep 30, 2018

@Eric7763 Too right. That's what weregoing to do. After all, you haven't taken anything from them.

• Ra
      Nov 04, 2017

I just got back from Negril, we were offered a day at the Royalton of course you needed to listen to the 90 minute plus sales pitch. When I ask to see the contract and have time to read it over and discuss it with my husband, I was told no they stated you need to give me a yes or no deal now, I promptly thanked them for their time and we were escorted off the property immediately. STAY AS AWAY!!! If it sounds to good to be true it usually is.

Nov 04, 2017

Agree with you.

• Ki
      Nov 06, 2017

Has anyone been successful in canceling contracts with this Travel Smart group? We were persuaded to purchase in 2015 while vacationing in Freeport, Bahamas. We were ok with the purchase at the time, as we reduced our package to meet only what we felt we needed. However, it has been difficult to say the lease to deal with them. For starters, our home resort closed and we were notified it would not be re-opening when I called to schedule a vacation. No notifications at all that our resort would not be opening again. Then, during this process I was told the $500 flight credit we had been given was only good through Sunwing. Small problem; Sunwing only flies to and from Canada. Something I know they knew when we were at our meeting. Third major issue was that when we bought our package, we were told that we were able to start using our benefits right away. I tried to book my package to find out that was not the case, and we had to wait until after January 1 2017. We again shrugged it off and kept paying. Now we are trying to book a package that is not only more expensive through them than to go through the resort itself, or even Expedia, and there were no hours for their customer service team anywhere, so my husband emailed them to find out options. He is informed very clearly there are none. So he asked for information on their cancellation process and was told there is no way to cancel it after the 5 day grace period. I want to know how far into the legal process I am going to have to go with this to get it stopped. We have been paying since 2015 and have not used it once. I think they have gotten enough money from us! I am ready to take this as far as I have to so I can be free of them. Any information would be greatly appreciated. ID# 2798297

Jul 04, 2018

For those who wants to resolve any issues with travel scam, post your message (in addition to here) on social media pages of the company (facebook, twitter and etc..), so that scammers will see it directly and do it until you have problem resolved. Five, ten posts per day, times amount of victims...
    Having such pages with bad responds will force those scammers to resolve or get them out of the market and make an air fresh from robbers.

• Bo
      Jul 08, 2018

I am in the same boat as you guys are.Got lured into the sales pitch the day before we left the New Royalton Bavaro Resort in Punta Cana .Thought we were smart enough to cancel it the next day before we left but 3 weeks have passed we are given the run around and i still have the 40% downpayment charges in our credit card.
    I have informed my bank and they are asking for a cancellation transaction number from the agents in travel smart and good luck with that.I cant even get a call back or email from this dingdongs.
    Any piece of advice will be greatly appreciated...
    Thank you!

• Li
      Aug 03, 2018

Please, I need help, I would like to cancel my membership, I I am in the range of 5 days, someone to help me, how can I cancel.

• Ni
      Aug 19, 2018

@liud liud, you have 60 days to place a dispute with your bank...try to negotiate the first 30 days to cancel the membership with travel scam..but from my personal experience they will lie and deceive you in all ways possible and will not honor your 5 days recession period even if you beg them for your life...they will take all your money and continue on with their lies...good luck!

• Km
      Sep 14, 2018

I am in the same boat with theses people. Travel smart is the worse. If you don’t cancel within the 5 day period they tell you it’s not possible to cancel ever, however in my contract it states that 15% will be kept. The reason for cancelling is poor customer service and we received a “free” voucher for 4 night stay anywhere in royalton resorts however since we became members they asked me to pay membership fees to use voucher and taxes including fees which came to almost $1200 plus flights. I don’t see how this is a deal so I immediately called my cc company and am taking legal action because they are most definitely a SCAM! My advice don’t ever buy into something you know nothing about! Stay away. I’m hoping to get at least half of my $3000 down payment back! Wish me luck. Act now let’s get them out of business so no one else has to lose money!!!

• Ha
      Apr 20, 2019

@Km87 How do you plan to do so, are you suing them, I want to exit too don’t know how

• Ha
      May 27, 2019

i want my money too they have taken over 5800 any advise ?

• St
      Aug 11, 2019

Smart Travel VIP cancel our membership per my husband's request. They told him he couldn't cancel; however, they canceled our membership and charged our credit card. We emailed customer service who in turn shared the cancellation letter. I have sent emails and left a voicemail requesting a refund. No one has responded to my email or voicemail.

•   Aug 14, 2019

@STVIPripoff Good Evening, If you could reach out to us directly with your membership details via private message or by email to [protected]@travelsmartvip.com we will gladly look into the situation for you. Unfortunately, as we're sure you can appreciate, we are unable to identify our members via their forum usernames.