Travel One Network / Scam

1 Anaheim Hills, CA, United States Review updated:

I got an unsolicited call from them on my cell phone. First I heard like a cash register sound and a message that I was the winner of a prize. All I needed to do to claim it was to press #1. Then I heard the voice of a woman congratulating me for winning three vacations and $1, 000 to spend. So far so good. She did say that this was awarded only to 20 families who owned a bank account (this was the catch). Then she said that in order to verify my identity and that I would qualify, I needed to give her my credit card number. I hesitated but she was very pushy and convincing and I finally gave her my number (that was pretty stupid, I know). Then she asked me to wait on the phone and then came back saying that I did qualify and that now she was going to transfer me with her manager. She also added that the only thing I had to pay, of course, was the taxes on the prize which were only $299 and which my bank HAD ALREADY approved. I immediately reacted but then she lashed back saying that the federal taxes were my responsibility. Then I told her to cancel this transaction and that I didn't want anything, but she said that nothing could be done and that all the paper work of the prize was already on my name, bla, bla, and that if I didn't proceed I would not receive anything and would lose my money. I hanged up and immediately called my Credit Card Company and they said that the transaction was pending and they couldn't cancel it. I would have to wait until it posted in order to dispute the charge. What a nightmare!! I still don't know if I will be able to get my money back. I certainly don't recommend anyone to do business with them.

More Travel One Network Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Yo
      5th of Jan, 2011

I had the same call from a lady calling herself Julieta Larios from a phone # that was from kentucky 859-671-8989. She only got as far as getting my name. I hope there is not much she can do with that. hope this information is usefull as the complaint befor mine was to me, thank you! Hope nobady else false for this!

28th of Jan, 2011

I have the same problem and I really want to take actions against the company.

• Bu
      29th of Apr, 2011

the same thing happened to me today i canceled my c/c and i dont know if i will get my money reimbursed. i did file a claim with my bank. and the worst part that money was for my rent. now i dont know what i am going to do i already owe some family members.i dont thinks it is right how they steal peoples money and scam us. even thou i did mention like 4x r u sure i will not get charged nothing she said no her name was maria perez with her mexican accent.

• Fu
      15th of May, 2011

i am have the same problem but my bank fixed this abuse this company has To be closed

• Fu
      15th of May, 2011

i am have the same problem with this company but my bank fixed this abuse closed this company

• Va
      2nd of Jun, 2011

did anyone get thier refund back

• Mo
      25th of Jun, 2011

they use the trademark of tmobile and verizon to fish customers specially the hispanic community then charge a tax?? for prices that you dont authorized, they do not refund your money, company resides in FL.

• Be
      10th of Jul, 2011

dont belive nothimg these people say they only fool you they say u won a prize but its never true they also they tell u for being in metropcs you won BUT NEVER TRUE thier # is 3056293805

• Be
      10th of Jul, 2011

PARA LAS PERSONAS QUE HABLAN CON ESAS PERSONAS O LES LLAMEN NO LES PONGAN ATENCION A LO QUE LES DIGAN POR QUE SON PURAS MENTIRAS, SOLO LE DICEN QUE GANASTE PERO NADA ES GRATIS ES MIENTRAS LE SACAN SU DINERO .SON UNOS ESTAFADORES SU NUMERO DE TEL. ES 3056293805 PARECEN QUE ES CHILENO EL QUE DICE SER EL MANAGER NO LES CREAN NADA...

27th of Sep, 2011

es enganado el que se deja ENGANAR porque en mi caso Particular yo compre un paquete de Vacaciones con Travel One Network y ellos si me cumplieron lo prometido yo viaje sin problemas y mis estadias hoteleras fueron muy buenas asi que mejor no jusguen sin antes tener sus propias experiensias, , , Gracias

• Lc
      30th of May, 2012

Travel one network.
    Estan cometiendo fraude, llaman a las personas y les dicen que se ganaron un paquete para unas vacaciones y lo unico que necesitan es pagar una pequena cantidad de dinero y eso es todo. Esta compania ya retiro el dinero de la cuenta bancaria. Hoy les llame para decirles que deseamos cancelar, la respuesta de la persona que contesto el telefono fue "bueno tiene que pagar una penalidad" cuando pregunte cual era el costo de la penalidad ne dijo que no sabe. El # de telefono es 305-593-8998.
    Por favor hables con sus familiares para que no los enganen, las personas que llaman son expertos en hacer fraude y convencer a las personas.

3rd of Jul, 2012

THESE PEOPLE ARE [censored]ING ###, THIS ALL A TRICK TO GET YOU!!! NEVER TRUST THEM !!!
    -_____________-
    >.<

3rd of Jul, 2012

REALMENTE SON UNOS MENTIROSOS, ESTAFADORES Y UNICAMENTE LES INTEREZA EL DINERO NO CAIGAN EN ESO PORQUE TODO LO QUE DICEN NO ES REAL ... ESPERO QUE LAS AUTRIDADES SE ENCARGUEN E INVESTIGUEN A ESTA GENTE MALA...

• Am
      20th of Jul, 2012

they told me today that i won a trip to FL and all this stuff they said all i had to pay was 299 for taxes when i told them i dont have a credit card how fast they hung up on me i know something like this was going on just lies

24th of Jul, 2012

Estaba viendo tele en el canal Megatv y salio un anuncio que si contestavas una pregunta y ganavas un viaje pagado bueno el hotel y Disneyland. Que solo tenia que pagar 299 para los impuestos y que teni 18-24 meses para tomar estas vacasiones. Que el los costos son alrededor de 5200 y que el canal esta ofreciendo esta oferta y que no cubria los tickets de aerolinia.. Y segun en una hora iban a mandar informacion por el correo y hasta el siguiente dia llama para avosar que no habia recibido nada y 5-10 minutos recibe algo y segun me dijo la muchacha que nadie estaba ayi hasta en hora ivan a yevar q llamara de regreso. La compania es travel one network y estan con new.

Adjunto envio certificado vacacional solicitado para uso de vacaciones mas el web site de New Port Beach para propositos vacacionales.

Att.

travelonenetworkcs@hotmail.com
    (305) 593-8998 Ext 256
    Web: TravelOneNetwork.com

5th of Sep, 2013

Its true about the scam, I received just now that same from the same woman voice she's an hispanic. She told me that i won 5, 000$ and a extra bonus because thats for people that need help! So i fell for it I used my mom credit card and i she for the 16 numbers in the front and the 4 in the back the to my moms signature then, she ask for my address i gave it to her just because im 16th i didnt even think before given her my info. Lucky my mom came home and she saw me on the phone with her credit card and she took the phone away from me and she told that lady off ! She went and call the company and lucky they had not taken no money out of the card.

• Il
      30th of May, 2014

Travel one network.
    Estan cometiendo fraude, llaman a las personas ya retiraron el dinero de la cuenta . Les he llamado para hacer los arreglos porque tengo que viajar y no los contacto siempre dicen que las lineas eswtan cargadas...El Senor Jose Luis Machado me indico en dias posteriores a la compra del paquete que no iba a tener problemas y que tenia hasta 2 anos para viajar.

Necesito sWE comuniquen conmigo lo mas prnto posible pues no pienso perder mi dinero. Acudire a donde tenga que ir.
    POR FAVOR

$ 299.00 hoy dia tienen para mi un valor incalculable.
    Ilia Martinez