TRAVEL JIGSAW UK / NO ANSWER NO CONFIRMATION

1 MANCHESTER, England, Greater Manchester, United Kingdom Review updated:
Phone: NOT SHOWN ON MAILS

I MADE A RESERVATION FOR A WEEK AND LATER I ASK AN EXTENSION FOR ONE MORE WEEK. THEY ANSWER CANNOT DO ANYTHING SINCE I HAVE TO CONTACT WITH THE RENTAL CAR.
THE RENTAL CAR DOES NOT HAVE CONFIRMATION AND SAID WILL CHARGE ME THE NORMAL PRICE ANDO NOT THE RESERVATION PRICE.
RENTALS CAR SEND ME A MAIL SHOWING THE NEW PRICE OF FULL RENTAL SO I GAVE MY APPROVAL BUT RENTAL CAR DID NOT HAVE ANY CONFIRMATION.
I SENT MANY MAILS WIHOUT ANSWER RESOLVING MY SITUATION.
THE RENTAL CAR IN ISRAEL IS SIXTH.

Comments

• Bi
      22nd of Oct, 2012

We rented a car for a short trip abroad.
    As we wanted peace of mind we paid extra for extra insurance protection with a Zero Excess waiver cover (this supposedly means that all theft and damage is covered except the tyres, windows, underside and some interior parts of the car) but you are covered fully for accidental damage & theft supposedly). When you receive your rental confirmation voucher you don`t get a really detailed set of terms and conditions - more about this later.

Whilst abroad our hire car was broken into and the stereo and some personal belongings out of sight in the boot were taken.

All proper procedures as per the rental were followed and the theft reported correctly to the police and rental agencies.
    On return of the hire car at our departure airport we were told that we would have no further costs to pay as it was all included under our Zero excess cover.

Imagine our surprise when we were charged £361 on our credit card for the theft of the radio.
    When we queried this with Travel Jigsaw / Carhire 3000 / Rentalcars.com we were given lots of different reasons. The main one was that the small print (which isn`t detailed enough) says that interior damage isn`t covered under the Zero excess policy. This was clearly theft. I was even informed in one e-mail that the damaged lock (clearly not inside the vehicle or underneath/part of a window/tyre) was also included in the costs.

Basically the rental firm sell you extra Zero Excess insurance which appears to be worthless as they shift the meaning and covered items around as they see fit.
    I would advise anyone reading this to avoid hiring a car via the Travel Jigsaw group who also go under the names of Carehire 3000 or Rentalcars.com.

Some other reviews regarding this company can be viewed at www.travel-jigsaw-review.co.uk and Moneysavingexpert.com. Just type in "Traveljigsaw complaints" into a Google search engine and see what rears it`s ugly head.

We only wish we had searched for other peoples experiences prior to renting a car via this company. We will certainly not be utilising their services ever again.