Travel Help Desk / incompetent staff & management

US Review updated:

Airfare was booked by Travel Help Desk with wrong connecting flight. When I tried to resolve this numerous times before my travel date, I was told their agent did not error on the booking and any change would result in additional fees for a new flight.
I have printed "chat room "electronic data documents with their agent "Aiken" along with e mail communications that prove of the error that Aiken made.
Brielle at Travel Help Desk Management would not help in resolving this matter.
In order to make it to my scheduled meeting I had to call United Airlines and have the correction made for my connecting flight. This cost me an additional $ 320.00
I have sent all of the communications to Travel Help Desk to prove their error, and ask to be compensated for $ 320.00 .
They have never responded to any of my emails.

Mc
Mar 28, 2017

Comments

Sep 17, 2017

Here is the e-mail I forwarded to both Ula from TravelerHelpDesk, California, and Pedro at American Airlines. TravelerHelpDesk has ignored all of my and my friend's attempts to be in touch via e-mail and phone. Next time, I am planning to not use a third-party provider. Never will I recommend this so-called travel agency. It is my fault for not having done my research.
    Please be aware of this scam!
    Anne

American Airlines Date: 09/14/2017
    Customer Relations

To whom it may concern:

On 05/21/17, I made a reservation for Paris, France, as my mother was gravely ill. Sadly, she died before I could even travel to see her. I cancelled this reservation on the phone within one or two hours after booking it. I booked this reservation under Confirmation RQGK9P (Reff.-NB307030) through TravelerHelpDesk online. The full amount ($1089, 43) was refunded.

Subsequently, I then made a reservation with Ula under Confirmation S3ZEA5 (Reff.-NB307056) in hopes of at least attending the funeral. Tragically, the arrangements made it impossible to make the connections to my home in Brittany. So, I also had to cancel this reservation. Much to my surprise, even though there were fewer than 24 hours between the making and the cancelling of this second reservation, the full amount was not refunded, something I was not told by Ula, though her assistance during this sad time was otherwise somewhat helpful. In fact, this reservation was made on Sunday 05/21/17 at 4:37 AM and cancelled over the phone on the same day at 8:40 AM.

If you could, please review these details with Ula, whom I have not been able to contact despite many attempts via e-mail and the phone, and consider refunding the balance to me. The sum of $525.43 may not seem much to you in a time of tragedy, but to me it represents a considerable percentage of my monthly income. The ticket was $1, 189.43 and only $664.00 were refunded.

Please do not hesitate to contact me by email if you have any questions. In addition, I am also enclosing Ula's contact numbers.

Thank you for your thoughtful consideration in this matter.

Sincerely,